Neato (not!)...pigmentation and rashiness... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-30-2007, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I'm getting some mild pregnancy mask. Not cool. My husband is on my case for being anemic because it's around my eyes...despite my telling him that when I had my finger pricks done at 28 weeks, my iron had actually gone UP:. I noticed it a couple weeks ago in the form of new small freckles showing up under my eyes and around my tear ducts, which I thought was odd. Now the area is just darkening slightly and the freckles are getting darker. But no linea niagra this time...what a difference the hormones make!

It's cover-able with makeup, but I do look a bit racoon eyed sans makeup. And I'm getting this light pink bumpy stuf on the tops of my cheekbones...and it's not dry skin, it's not pimples...it's not awful either (lest I jinx myself and it erupts into something worse for my complaining) but it's just not cute. Boohoo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-30-2007, 02:17 PM

Oh I pray things like this don't happen to me since I have no clue when it comes to make up.
Though I have to say that at times, not all the time, but at times, my cheeks are also very flushed and bumpy. My dh thinks it is my skin not knowing how to cope with the cold after being someplace warm for so long. I hope it isn't the start of something more though...
s though, pregnancy can be lots of fun, can't it?
#3 of 4 Old 01-30-2007, 03:32 PM

I have heard that the pregnancy mask can sometimes be attrubuted to a lack of folic acid or b12 - you may want to ask your Dr/MW or google it.

I hope it stays light or fades fast!!!
#4 of 4 Old 01-31-2007, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't know that. I couldn't imagine the folic acid thing, but maybe the B-12? Interesting.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page