So, How's it Going? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 01-31-2007, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are you doing at this point in your pregnancy?
What's going on with you?
How do you feel?
What are you thinking and feeling?
What's going on?

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#2 of 22 Old 01-31-2007, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

I'm 35 weeks pregnant.
At my last appt, I was measuring 6 weeks ahead!!!
I'm itching all over - I think I'm allergic to pregnancy.
I have minor restless leg syndrome.
My hands and feet are swollen much of the time.
It's incredibly difficult to get up from sitting or laying down.
Baby's big!
Baby was head-down at my last appt, but not in the best position otherwise.
I'm nesting - ordering baby stuff, cleaning the house, organizing.
I'm sleeping better during daytime naps than at night.
I'm really, really, REALLY far behind in my pregnancy journal, and I need to figure out how to catch up on that before the baby is born! (Any tips?)
I also need to practice meditation more, perhaps do some prenatal yoga (been putting that off all pregnancy), and do some of the stuff from the spinning babies website.
DH is finally done reading the important books I gave him to read, so I'm letting him skip the rest of the reading list. But, he still has to find an infant carseat and a new baby monitor (the one we've had since DS was born isn't working well these days.)
I have my home visit coming up next week (homebirth midwife), and I really need to clean out the guest bedroom before that happens! I also need to talk to her about my birthing expectations. And figure out if I need a birth plan at all.
I'm incredibly uncomfortable, tired, and going to the bathroom all the freakin' time!
I'm trying to deal with my birth fears (fears of emergency transfer, not having the strength this time, and shoulder dystocia.)
A friend is hosting a small mostly-family baby shower for me this weekend, so I have that to look forward to. And I have a belly casting kit to do. DS and I are supposed to be decorating the belly cast I made when I was preggo w/ him, but that hasn't happened yet. I've been working on a small latchhook thing (family tradition of sorts) for the baby, but I have no idea if I'll finish it in time.
I keep feeling like I'm going to birth before March.
I'm anxious and nervous and annoyed and frustrated and uncomfortable and really not in that calm, meditative place I'd like to be.
Blah.

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#3 of 22 Old 01-31-2007, 07:54 PM

How do you feel?
What's going on?

Well, first, no tips on the pregnancy journal since well, started one with my first baby and never finished that one
I am 33 weeks. I still have no clue if my dh will be here. I am figuring that he will come home with some news tonight, it might be wishful thinking, but I am hoping.
My baby keeps going to tranverse to head down but on the right side. I am actually seeing a chiro, but this baby just can't seem to get comfy and when she moves, OWWW!!!! I am actually sore right now, she just recently went back to head down after beig transverse for awhile.
I am dealing with some negativity with people who aren't supportive of my homebirth this time. I also have people who are in just total denial that I am doing this. I am kinda fine with that though, better than negative comments, like me giving up and going to get my epidural...
I am nesting, or I am not sure if that is really what it is. I never nested with either of the others. This time I have been hanging out a lot on the decluttering board It feels good. I think part of it is that I know what an extra child does, and to have everything just so to start with is just making me feel better. Of course this is all house related, I still have things I need to get for the baby.
Oh what used to really bother me, but seems silly almost now, we still don't have a name, well names since we don't know the sex. Now, I know that it is't uncommon to have baby girl on the birth cert for awhile. I just hope that this baby doesn't end up with issues thinking that we didn't love it enough to think of a name. It is just taking a lot longer and trying to think of a boy and a girl name is about impossible. And really, it is one of the last things my dh wants to talk about when he gets home. He has been a little overworked.
#4 of 22 Old 01-31-2007, 08:36 PM

OMG I am so sick of those questions . I don't have normal conversations any more...no they are revolve around those questions. How I would just love to talk about the weather!

Actually tomorrow I am 36 weeks and am totally hormonal. I cried cause dh was in my bathroom and I had to go downstairs to go. I cry about everything.

I can't sleep more than an hour at a strech cause I have to pee every hour. And no there is no way I can hold it longer my bladder would explode it would get so full. I mean I pee ALOT. I went twice while grocery shopping. Twice! I mine as well live in the bathroom.

I am so tired cause like I said I can only sleep an hour at a time. And when I do sleep I am in pain.

Dh bets I have the baby this weekend. I told him I will take that bet, either way I win! LOL

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#5 of 22 Old 01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
jkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Heart View Post

Actually tomorrow I am 36 weeks and am totally hormonal. I cried cause dh was in my bathroom and I had to go downstairs to go. I cry about everything.
I actually started crying right in the middle of the grocery store because the song "Unforgettable" was playing...and it made me think of Jack and Karen's duet on the finale of "Will & Grace"! :
#6 of 22 Old 01-31-2007, 09:29 PM

I was 35 weeks yesterday. Baby is head-down, but on the wrong side...I'm guessing ROT, but I'll find out for certain on Friday, when I have to have an ultrasound to check his growth.

I was "diagnosed" with pregnancy-induced hypertension last week (see my own thread, down there somewhere!). Yesterday, I had to do a 24-hour urine collection to make sure I'm not developing pre-eclampsia. Well, the "specimen container" they gave me only holds 3,000 ml. I had to send DH out to the store to get me another container - my total pee production for the day was 4,800 ml!! When she gave me the container, I told the nurse it would be too small, and she told me in 5 years, she knew only one person who'd filled it. Guess I was #2!

I'm on modified bedrest...basically, be as lazy as I can. If I do anything "strenuous," like take a 15 minute walk, I'm supposed to lay down for 30 minutes afterwards. Bedrest is hard. Who knew? I always figured being allowed to watch movies and read books all day without worrying about the housework would be fun, but it's HARD watching DH come home exhausted and then have to make dinner and do the dishes and take care of the dog...I feel so bad that I can't do more. Even though I know it is best. I'm also doing twice-weekly NSTs for the duration.

I think all of this is overkill, but I'm doing it to ensure I can have the spontaneous vaginal delivery I want.

In the meantime, I feel like baby is trying to stretch my abdomen out, diagonally from right ribs to left hip. My posture is getting better - I can no longer slouch without pain! Everything else is harder - getting up, laying down, rolling over. I can do very few things without pain. The first three fingers on my right hand are numb, though the more irritable carpal tunnel symptoms are gone, thank goodness.

On the other hand, baby has been more active the last couple of days, kind of "bubbly." I love that

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#7 of 22 Old 01-31-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusdebi View Post
How do you feel?
What's going on?
Hmmm, I guess I'm okay. Dh is currently gone for three weeks, leaving me alone with our three kids. That's a bit stressful. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and keep myself sane.

Pregnancy-wise I'm doing great. Baby is active. I'm measuring a bit large, but that's not so strange since this is baby #4. I am dying to know whether the baby is a boy or a girl and I keep hoping for some illuminating dream. I *saw* both DDs in my dreams before they were born, but did not see DS. I am slightly uncomfortable, but I would say it is definitely within the normal range of being 31 weeks! This baby is sitting just like all my others, with butt/feet alternately being in right ribs and head in left hip. It's not the most comfortable thing ever. Oh I am having extreme burning in my left labia due to my round ligament being stretched. I won't be sorry to never have that pain again in my life!

I haven't been doing ANY positive visualization/pregnancy meditation and I need to get on the ball about that. I have ordered my homebirth kit supplies and my cloth mama pads (first time I'm going to try them out, I don't know why I haven't done it before as I'm allergic to disposable pads and get horrendous, itchy water blisters on me bum from them!). I've gathered my newborn stash and am psyched about that. The older two kids and I talk about the baby almost every day and they are very excited. I am just so excited to be in labor and welcome this last part of our family!

My *due date* is April 4th, but I keep feeling like maybe this babe will come in the end of March. Ooooh, I'm just so excited to meet this new little person!

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
#8 of 22 Old 01-31-2007, 10:57 PM

To be perfectly honest I'm miffed that I'm only at 32 weeks! Not that I should complain - this pregnancy has FLOWN by compared to the one with ds.

I feel READY!!! Let me rephrase that - I feel as though this baby is fully cooked and why in God's name is ANYONE telling me "no you have 8 more weeks left"!!!:

We still have to put the crib up (ds is still in his so we have another for dd) but as she's going to be sleeping in a cradle in our room I guess it won't be the end of the world if it's not done...I won't be happy though - ducks in a row! Must be in a row!

Along with the feeling "fully baked" - it HURTS when she moves now - like she's going to come popping right through my belly! I don't remember this except at the end with ds..but as dh likes to remind me - I don't remember a lot from my last pregnancy. It must be a conspiracy! :

Overall I feel ok. One thing I have learned: Before I get pregger again, I am DEFINITELY doing a lot more stomach exercises!! I can tell SUCH a difference with how I feel (back pain wise) now compared to last...and it ain't pretty!

Ellie
#9 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
How do you feel?
What's going on?

I'm annoyed that I'm only 31 weeks! Well, 31 1/2 weeks, I guess. Grrr. My ds was early so I'm HOPING this one will be early as well. My back is starting to hurt, I have headaches daily, I'm starting swell and I've gained a lot of weight. I'm a mess!!

Oh well. I know it the grand scheme of things 9 weeks is NOT very long. Baby will be here before we know it!!
#10 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 12:57 AM

Well, I'm 32 weeks too. I will probably be induced at 38 weeks though (due to previous pregnancy complications).

The worst thing for me right now is the aching in my hips! They hurt so bad I can't even stand to touch them. I guess they are getting ready for this babe, but they hurt so bad. I don't remember them hurting so bad in previous pregnancies.

I don't have any colostrum yet, is that weird? I'm not sure when that came about with my other pregnancies, sometimes you just forget those things!

My dh bought me a co-sleeper yesterday which I'm excited about. I love co-sleeping but sometimes I do like to start the baby out elsewhere, or move the baby if I can't sleep.

I plan to buy my cloth diapers in the next 2-3 weeks. I had a mc early last year and in my grief I sold them all, so "poor me", now I have to buy all new ones!!:

I still need to go through my sleepers and see what I have and wash them. But, I'm pacing myself!

Blessings,

Janelle, mom to Noah (13), Leah (11), Anna (10), Bethany (8), Jubilee (4), Ezekiel (2), Gideon (2), Silas (1) and expecting again in Nov. 09! Forever missing Samuel (12/03)
#11 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 01:05 AM

I'm either 35 or 36 weeks, depending on what you go by, but I'm measuring 35 weeks on the nose.

The pregnancy is actually going amazingly well. No water retention or swelling (still wearing my rings at 35 weeks!! W/ Robin i couldn't even wear shoes!). I stay up too late at night, but I am sleeping pretty well - I had a really bad week of back pain, but it's better now. I'm trying to nap daily still, but having a harder time falling asleep during the day. I still feel pretty mobile, but it's getting harder - squatting, bending and getting out of bed are getting tough. But I am so much more comfy than I was at this point last pregnancy, I don't think I can complain. The baby is head down and has taken to grinding that noggin into my cervix, which burns and stings and is no fun - but better than a foot on my cervix

Energy and patience, however, are quite low. I'm struggling to be a good mama - and not a crab to Robin. I really want to treasure these last few weeks of her "only childhood", not snip and snap all the time. I think it's hard mostly b/c DH is commuting 5 days a week. It makes the days longer and harder, and I get more tired and less patient as the weeks go on. I'm not a good single mom, even if it's only part-time. I'm trying to be creative with DD, and also to cling to family time with DH ont he weekends - hard b/c he has family obligations one weekend day also so I only get him 1 day a week.

I've been trying to get into gear getting ready both for the birth and the baby. My diaper stash has been thinned and now I'm re-stocking, and I think I'm done buying dipes. I have one wrap carrier to get. I'm holding off on clothes until we find out gender - But I have all my gender neutral stuff strewn across the nursery floor, half-sorted. I need to get DD's room fully put together (curtains, shelves and pix hung) and re-organize the nursery. ANd I have to pick a location for delivery (water or land, and where in the house) and get the last few items for my birth kit. And I'd like to have our taxes finished before I go into labor - started that today!

Mentally and psychologically, I feel prepared for labor. But I don't know if I'm prepared to have a newborn. I want to start gathering herbs and homeopathics for post-birth recovery and for nursing, and stocking up food. I just get so caught up in the day-to-day stuff, I'm not working ahead, and I know if I don't get these things done and in order now, I'll really regret it!

Oh, and I want to sew a blanket for Robin and a quilt for Robin and the baby - almost finished with the blanket, but not even started on the other 2.
#12 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 01:45 AM

Quote:
How do you feel?
What's going on?
I am 32 weeks (wow, when did that happen?) and really looking forward to giving birth. That was the nicest way I could think to say- are we there yet?

I have OCN. Obsessive Compulsive Nesting. I have been cleaning and washing and organizing. It's as if some little switch got flicked on in my head and now I can not imagine my baby being born with out my knowing that I washed the crown moldings. I think the person who threw that switch smokes dope, but can not seem to convince myself to stop. I started organizing my birth supplies and have ordered the last of them yesterday. That does feel good- it feels like movement in the right direction.

For the last two days the heartburn has been so drastic I have been eating tums like candy, with almost no effect. Then this morning I woke with a horrible rash on my arms and sides. It itches SO BAD. I have super sensitive preggo skin, so it could be caused by anything. :

I need to get out of the house. *sigh*
#13 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 02:01 AM

Well for the past few days I've felt the worst I've felt in this entire pregnancy!! I think I'm getting the flu, soar throught, headahces, the whole bit! Not to mention the pain in my pelvic area! I should stop complaining now!

I feel completely overwhelmed right now! I don't think I'm prepared or ready right yet! & I could only have a few weeks left!! Deffinitly starting to get stressed and feeling un-sure about everything!! But I am ready for this baby to come out, so I can be thin again and move a little more freely!! & to sleep on my stomach... yes yes!!
#14 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 04:48 AM

Thanks for starting this thread! Interesting responses!

I'm 36 weeks now. So far, so good. This has been my hardest pregnancy but not anything "bad" (no complications, thank goodness). It just seems like I was sick often, most recently with the flu, and for the first time in any PG I took medicine (MW told me the fever was bad for the baby). I still feel guilty about that.

On one hand, it is hard to believe we are going to have another baby since my 2nd feels like such a baby still, but on the other . . .it seems impossible to imagine NOT having another baby. Just weird that it will be so soon! It seems like just yesterday that I tested the night before Father's Day and woke up DH in the middle of the night to tell him the news . . .

This is strange to say, but the thing I am most worried about is having a super fast labor. I am having another hospital birth (though DD and I both wish it could be a homebirth-- too late to change plans now). I am concerned with the logistics of the whole thing . . .getting my mom here (she's an hour away) to stay with the girls while we get to the hospital, which is 10 miles away. We've never even been to the hospital, so I hope we find it OK.

I am also worried the baby will come before 37 weeks (no MW then), that she will be born on my DD's birthday (2/7), or that she will be born on the day of my DD's party (2/10). I had the MW check me last week and I was 2 cm, 50% effaced, so she told me to take it easy for the next few weeks. I feel like if I can make it past 2/10, it will be OK.

Other than that, we aren't doing much. I always try to keep the house clean so I don't notice any nesting going on. Sleeping arrangements are up in the air (youngest DD sleeps with us in a queen and there's not much room left) . . .I have no idea how I am going to carry both the baby and younger DD for quick trips . . .things like that. I try to put those thoughts out of my head and count on figuring out a solution as needed.

to all!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#15 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
How do you feel?
What's going on?
Um, ok. I'm amazed at how much more tired I am this time around. It surprises me how different things are in this pregnancy. My blood sugars are back under control now that I'm being good about staying awake for the late evening snack. I so hope to avoid insulin.

Going on. . trying to restrain myself from neurotic nesting and doing what I can to parent a strong-willed 4 year old while being pregnant.

I'm trying NOT to think about caring for the physical and emotional needs of 2 children. That alone is scaring the crap out of me.

Oh, and I'm really tired of this yucky head cold. Boogies boogies everywhere. :

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#16 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 01:27 PM

Quote:
How do you feel?
What's going on?
I was 34 weeks yesterday. At my last appointment I was measuring three weeks "big". The first time that's happened the entire pregnancy, so I guess baby had a growth spurt.

I'm exhausted. Dh has been gone for 8.5 weeks. (Well, gone M-F but still, it's a major stressor) He finally gets home "for good" tonight. I'm pleased because it means my Dd will finally get a hair washing. She refuses to stand up and I simply cannot bend over the tub anymore. The house is a disaster. All of my nesting includes decluttering and reorganizing, but I can't do any of it by myself because too much bending over or lifting gives me horrific ctx. I can't even carry the laundry baskets around. We have a 3 story house (+ basement) and it suddenly feels overly cramped and too big at the same time. I'm irritable and hormonal. I'm tired, but can't sleep.

I'm still having severe pelvic issues, so I'm slow and since it hurts to wander around the house I don't do much. I don't go out much because my pants are too damn small and I hate wearing them.

I'm starting to freak out about having a baby. I've done basically no preperation whatsoever. I'm hoping that will suddenly come in the next week or two (esp. now that Dh will be home.) I'd really like to be "set up" by March 1. To me that means - have the diapers and clothes ready to go. Have the major crappiles in the house disappear, and to have a stocked freezer. Oh, and maybe pick a name...
#17 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 02:17 PM

It is so fascinating to read about where everyone is in terms of mental and physical preparation. ...

I am 36 weeks. It's still up in the air as to a homebirth or hospital birth but I have plans for each that I feel comfortable with, and some of the deciding factors are out of my hands (e.g when the other women my hb mw works with go into labor). So this is good practice at getting to used to eliminating the illusion that I can control this process; good practice at listening to what higher powers, including the little one inside, says about all of this.

It is dp's first child, so he's really stressed about labor. We'll probably try to squeeze in a childbirth class at the end of the month if I'm preggo that long.

As far as my home prep... completely not done... but I figure we've got a few solid weekends to put in and get everything in order.

Besides that, just feeling increasingly uncomfortable and anxious about baby's position. I'm trying to guess all the time (with the help of the wonderful sources you all pointed out in position thread). Sleeping is hit or miss...

so not ready... but completely excited!

Dale
#18 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 04:20 PM

I'm very blessed to have "easy middles" to my pregnancies - 4-8 months has been smooth, good energy, no major aches, etc. But I'm 35 weeks, and in the last few days, things have shifted for me, to "surviving the last few weeks".

I feel really pg in an uncomfortable way, I'm a lot more tired, and this boy child of mine has found the same spot to push with his heels as his big sister did - and I think it's still bruised from her, LOL. However, these are all fairly minor complaints, no matter how they feel in the moment. We're head down, ready(ish) for our homebirth, DD is fascinated by everything that is happening and her role as a big sister, and my DH is working from home, so he's highly available and hugely helpful.

I thought I would feel more nostalgic at this point - this is my last pg. Mostly just eager to get it done, though...

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#19 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Im not doing to well. I dont feel good. I feel tired all the time and my back hurts, alot. Also my 21month old son is just clingy to me all the time. Also I have to have another c-section because i had 2 before. Im not to happy about that but i guess thats ok. Im tired of being pregnant. I just want to have this baby. so enough with my problems, hows the rest of you ladies feeling.
#20 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
How do you feel?
What's going on?
I am 36 weeks tomorrow!!
We have decided on a hospital birth. DH became very uncomfortable with the safety of HB and VBAC. So I am hoping for a vaginal hospital birth. The changing of birth place has made my head spin. DH and I have had a few problems recently and it is tough to deal with. Emotionally I feel about 2/10.
I feel huge and tired. I'm off to get my hair done on Saturday to try and cheer me up - not sure this will work! I have a very clean and tidy home right now but I feel like I need some quality time with my dd as all I've done is clean, and organize.
The pregnancy has been relatively easy physically, I've no swelling at all. I have my wedding ring on still! Everything at the OB has been fine. I don't even have a stretch mark. I've gained about 27 Ib's.
So on a positive note.....I have some cloth diapers and lots of little clothes ready! I am looking forward to doing my belly cast and I need to spend some quality time with my family and friends.
#21 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 08:50 PM

How do you feel?
What's going on?

Well I am now 34 weeks. I have finally realized that there is a baby in there and not some large moving alien. I have been in denial very much this pregnancy. I am super cranky and short with my kids and I hate it. I want so badly to be the glowing, flowing kind mommy that I imagine must be a myth but well that is not what I am.

I am sore a lot of the time and have prodormal labor. I have had contractions on and off since 33 weeks, which is pretty normal for me. I am really hoping to go early but only time will tell.

I have all of my birth supplies ready except one herb and a tincture that I need to make this weekend. I am really looking forward to the birth and the real contractions. All of these early ones bug me because they don't get me a baby.

My oldest two kids are really excited about the new baby. The youngest just points to my tummy and says baby all the time. I am ready to be done being pregnant but I am not too sure that I am ready to have a newborn at home again. The thing that I am looking forward to is getting my nursing hormones back. I haven't nursed anyone in 4 months which is the longest i have gone without nursing in 4 and a half years.

Sorry this turned into a novel.
#22 of 22 Old 02-01-2007, 10:29 PM

How do you feel?
What's going on?

First off, it's so nice to read that I'm not the only one that's stressing out and generally at that "I'm ready to be done now" point.

I'm 32 1/2 weeks. Baby Girl is measuring spot on, although hates the doppler. She continually moves away from it the second they get her heartbeat. Just not a fan of being spied on, I suppose.

I've been dealing with some borderline GD issues. I have spent the last three weeks researching every article, every abstract, every source I could gather to determine that... unless it's completely out of control (like actual diabetic level), it's a pretty useless measuring tool for how it will effect both baby and mama. And that by the time they find GD in the 24th week, it's too late to do anything about birth defects, you are generally looking at only macrosomia as an issue. I feel much more educated about this topic than I ever wanted to be, and it has definitely stressed me out.

Other than letting a number dictate my mood most days, I actually feel great. I have very little pain or discomfort. Still wearing my wedding rings. I did have to give up my 3" heel boots, but my hips are still happy with the 1 1/2", so I'm ok. I have yet to get sick of my maternity clothes. Our birthing classes have been awesome, and we are now signed up for both a babywearing and a cloth diapering class. We've got more clothes than she could possibly ever wear, and we'll be getting a carseat this weekend.

I'm flying home to CA for a baby shower next week. That will probably be the most stressful part of this pregnancy. (I wish I was kidding.) Not sure how I will handle people treating me like I have some sort of disability. I'm slower, not incapable! Mentally preparing myself for that, while also physically preparing our home to host a Super Bowl party this weekend.

I am trying to come to terms with my control issues, knowing that I need to let my monkey brain deal with labor and birth. The whole GD thing has been a bit of an eye opener on how much more I could work on this... Knowing is the first step though, right?

When I first got pregnant (and had a great pregnancy!), I couldn't figure out how people got to the point where they were ready to be DONE. I now see where that comes from. I imagine at some point I will quite literally say "I don't care if she comes out my nose, just be out!!"

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page