anyone else's baby breech? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if I'm all alone here... found out yesterday baby is footling breech at 34 weeks. I have 2 weeks before they want to talk version, but I have an anterior low-lying placenta so I'm not sure they're really going to do that once the OB gets that piece of information. I'm not sure I want to do it either!

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#2 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 11:58 AM

Christine,

Breech babies at this stage in the game are prevalent in those of us who have had 4+ babies - our uterus is extra roomy giving baby plenty of room to move around where a first baby might be more crowded.

My baby was breech until this past week. We would not be surprised if this one turned breech again but it is nice to know he or she can get head down.

My plan was to spend more time on my exercise ball, see my chiropractor more often - which I am doing to help keep baby head down, and if baby hadn't turned by 37 weeks or so would have tried acupuncture. I personally would not do a version unless I knew my baby could/would go head down (had been head down at some point in the game) My reasoning was that I didn't want to force baby to do anything that could his him/her distress. Now that we know baby is head down and not in distress I would be more ok with a version if he or she turned breech again.
Oh, I have also heard of some success with the homepathic pulsatilla - the listed remedy is for cough or cold (something like that) but it is supposed to help and since it's homeopathic, it can't hurt. We already had a vile in the house so that was also on my list to try.

I think the thing that helped me is that I have a provider that was ok with delivering a breech baby - this is my 3rd baby with her and she said she had no qualms with my ability to push out a breech baby. Having her confidence allowed me to relax and not stress about the situation and I do think that helped.

Good luck!
Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#3 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 12:05 PM

What about it just being a 3rd baby? Mine doesn't usually stay breech, mostly is transverse. But has been going in circles for months, before that it was always transverse. It is driving me slightly batty, not to mention it being pretty painful...
#4 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 12:31 PM

My baby was transverse 3 weeks ago but I have been sitting on my birth ball only when I sit at home and have gone to the Chiropractor three times, and now we are head down, so it's definitely worth looking into.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#5 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 02:15 PM

At my MW appt last week, my MW talked about a version, but she said it would not be attempted until about 37-38 weeks. She said that I should start Webster's at 35-36 weeks if the baby is still breech. I am just hoping it won't be too late by then.

The only thing that encourages me is that my SIL's baby turned the night before her OB had her scheduled for a c-section.
#6 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 04:09 PM

ARGH! YES!
I had a cesarean for breech with my first baby
Second planned HBAC but didn't happen d/t other complication (abruption).
Now planning HBA2C but just found out today that this one is breech
I know there is time for turning, but I also know that my DS was found to be breech at 34 weeks and nothing I did would budge him, so I'm not terribly reassured by its being 'early'. I'm now 32+3.
Seeing a Webster-certified chiropractor this afternoon, and going to hang upside down for a while beforehand. I really don't want to have to choose between another cesarean and a breech HBA2C : .
#7 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 PM

I have a feeling my little one could be breech, not worried if thats how it needs to come out then so be it
#8 of 8 Old 02-01-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccohenou View Post
ARGH! YES!
I had a cesarean for breech with my first baby
Second planned HBAC but didn't happen d/t other complication (abruption).
Now planning HBA2C but just found out today that this one is breech
I know there is time for turning, but I also know that my DS was found to be breech at 34 weeks and nothing I did would budge him, so I'm not terribly reassured by its being 'early'. I'm now 32+3.
Seeing a Webster-certified chiropractor this afternoon, and going to hang upside down for a while beforehand. I really don't want to have to choose between another cesarean and a breech HBA2C : .
Did you try moxibustion? Chiropractic - Webster technique? ECV? I don't think you can have an ECV after a previous C section, but certainly you can try the Webster (turned my DD at 39 weeks!!). I also tried an ECV & moxibustion without success... but that doesn't mean they won't work for some. Don't give up... you have plenty of time!!

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page