Good news or bad news? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-03-2007, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not sure how to take all this in but I finally got all moved (across country) did ok but had to stop a lot...I still have a blood clot in my placenta and it hasn't changed as far as I can tell...Baby O is HUGE measuring at 31W 4D and I am 29W 1D and they estimate his weight at 4 whole pounds...I know they aren't always right on but hey he looked chubby with his cheeks and all...My new doctor doesn't seem to care that I have a bloot clot which really worries me and I am guessing since baby has been measuring 2 weeks further since my 2nd ultrasound (at 10 weeks) I think I am further along then they thought so I guess I belong here after all...I am not sure whether to be worried about the blood clot or not but keep me in your thoughts please...
#2 of 4 Old 02-03-2007, 02:27 AM

Don't know what to tell you about the blood clot. About baby's weight, if you are referring to funal height, 31cm for 29 weeks isn't huge at all -- the fundal height "should" correlate with the gestation by +/- 2, so your babe's growth is therefore within the range of normal. Also, if you are basing the weight on an ultrasound, such estimates are practically worthless at this late in the pregnancy, as they can be off by 2 pounds! HTH.

Living simply with the loves of my life! :::
#3 of 4 Old 02-03-2007, 12:39 PM

Yeah, if you are talking about a size determination based on an ultrasound I would really just completely ignore that. When I was pregnant with dd they told me the day before she was born that she was really big, at least 9.5 lbs. It was in fact one of the reasons they so strongly recommended inducing me even though I was only 39 weeks. She was born the next day weighing a massive 7.5 lbs.

"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." -Isaac Asimov read.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-04-2007, 02:33 PM

Glad baby seems to be doing well --- am I remembering right that you had lots of contractions and were on bedrest? Are the contractions slowing down? So since the new doc isn't concerned about the blood clot, does he think you won't have to deliver early? Hope you're settling into your new home quickly!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page