Constantly thinking about..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 02-04-2007, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are you obssessing about?

Mine happens to be the sex of the baby. I'd really like another boy to make two boys and two girls. I think about it all the time. I'm also a bit nervous that it will be a girl. Not that I would love a girl any less, just that I want a boy so much. Am I weird?

Anyway, what are you obssessively thinking about these days? Anyone?

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
#2 of 23 Old 02-04-2007, 09:42 PM

All I can think about is whether the baby is still breech or has changed to a more favorable position. It is completely consuming me!
#3 of 23 Old 02-04-2007, 10:14 PM

I'm down with the obsessive thoughts Mine are about how much I have to do to be "ready" for the baby to come. Logically, I know it makes no difference at all if our bedroom, family room, hallway, and boys' bedrooms are painted. Or if the closets are organized, or if the kitchen cabinets are deep cleaned...or, or, or !!!! The list goes on! She'll come when she's ready. I've just been exhausting myself with worry.
#4 of 23 Old 02-04-2007, 10:35 PM

I WAS obsessed with worrying about the baby being born early. I was having a lot of BH, dialating, etc. But, when I got checked again there was no difference, so that was good. The better news was that I thought if I went before 37 weeks I wouldn't have a MW, and that isn't true (you're good after 34 weeks).

I have felt so much better since my last appointment with this news, and thankfully, have released those obsessive thoughts. I used to analyze every cramp because of the no-MW worry, but now I don't. I feel much more relaxed now!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#5 of 23 Old 02-04-2007, 10:36 PM

I'm obsessing about going into pre-term labor. I'm almost 33 weeks, and I'm hoping this little one stays put for 4 more weeks (at least). I went into PTL with DS at 32 weeks, and delivered at 35 weeks (water broke; he was breech, so I had a c/s). He was very healthy, thankfully, but there were many little issues that we struggled with along the way.

Now, with this one, I just ended up in the hospital this weekend with contractions (every 3-4 mintues) and cramping, but everything is back under control. No bedrest ordered, just taking it easy and no lifting. So, my guess is that I'll continue to obsess for 4 more weeks.

Otherwise, I'm obsessing about filling the new freezer we bought this weekend. My nesting instinct has kicked in full force!!
#6 of 23 Old 02-04-2007, 10:41 PM

I've been worried about position - baby's position and my position. I'm worried about another shoulder dystocia situation. I'm glad that I know more this time about changing positions during labor and delivery. But, I'm still concerned.

I'm worried about how big this baby is. I measured 6 weeks ahead (by fundal height measurements) at my last appt. I never measured that much ahead with my 9lb. 9oz. son.

I'm worried about the space heater not being fixed before I go into labor. I really want to have this baby downstairs, but it won't be warm enough if the heater doesn't get fixed.

I'm worried about length and difficulty of labor. And about how my son will deal with it. And about my dogs.

I'm a worrier. I worry about all kinds of things all the time. This is the short list. Really, my worries go on and on and on...

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#7 of 23 Old 02-04-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusdebi View Post
I'm worried about length and difficulty of labor.
I am a worrier, too (I read that most women are in order to protect their young) . . .but this is something I CANNOT worry about. I just cannot. I don't even think about it. When a thought enters into my head about it, I push it out.

My harp teacher told me (back when I was in college) that I should never, ever worry about making a mistake-- to not think or consider this possibility at all. Instead, I should envision myself playing well if I were to envision anything at all. I have only successfully applied this to thinking about labor, though (and when I need a boost I skim through Birthing from Within)-- too bad it doesn't apply to the rest of my life!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#8 of 23 Old 02-04-2007, 11:20 PM

I'm obsessed about this baby coming. I keep thinking he's going to come soon but based on past experience this baby will probably be late. I thought DD was going to be a week or two late but she came on her due date. This time around I think he will come early so he'll be late. I just can't wait to hold him!

Oh I also keep thinking, will I go natural or will I opt for an epidural. I'd like to go natural but I will do what I feel I need to do when the time comes.
#9 of 23 Old 02-04-2007, 11:44 PM

I'm worried about the actual birth not labor or delivery but with everything being ok with the baby. I constantly wonder what day her b-day will be and how am I going to get everything in order how I want it when I can barely move these days.
#10 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 01:58 AM

I am worried about whether dh will be here or not.
When it will actually happen, so wish I had a crystal ball or something
And the oddest worry/wonder, hair. Yes, hair. Okay, actually more like looks of the baby. I was wondering about the sex, but then realized that it didn't matter so much. See, my oldest had dark hair, darker skin, from me, I just have slightly darker skin. We named our second baby Layla, dark beauty because we kinda figured they would look the same. Well, she came out blond BLUE eyes and my dhs pale skin. She actually looks so different from my first that people have rudely asked me if they have the same father: So just wondering if a red hair green eyed child will somehow be coming out of me and throw me for another loop
#11 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 05:14 AM

All I'm obsessing about it WHENNNN this baby is going to come! I keep thinking it will happen anyday now, but I've got 4 weeks left!! So much to do & so little time!!
#12 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 09:27 AM

Let's see...I'm obsessing about...

baby's position, right now either posterior or ROT...posterior ended up in c/s last time

ending up with another cesarean

whether or not my cervix will dilate this time and wondering if I have anything cervical going on

my blood pressure, long story

breastfeeding since last time I failed horribly

DH getting his honey-do list completed
#13 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 AM
jkg

I am obsessing about logistics--how and when I will get DS1 to my mom's house when I need to go to the hospital and if he will be OK without me for a couple days (we have not been separated longer than a few hours since his birth), how soon I can get out of the hospital, how I can position everyone to co-sleep comfortably, and how tandem breasfeeding will go.
#14 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 12:51 PM

Totally obssessed with how much the baby moves. This baby is quiet and it scares the living daylights out of me. I just want him/her to come now so I can stop worrying! Dh really wants to know the sex (since we have had 4 boys in a row). It upsets me that I am sitting here trying to get the baby to move more and hes just thinking about the gender!

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#15 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 01:11 PM

I am not really a worrier and I wouldn't say I am obsessed about anything but some things I am a bit conerned about are:
That my labor will be REALLY fast like the last one.
My Mom is coming to visit 2 days after my due date and staying for 12 days I am really hoping the baby comes while she is here.
Fortunately, I spend almost zero time thinking about the gender.

I guess that's about it. Right now I'm more worried about my business and paying my taxes. :

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#16 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 01:52 PM

I'm obsessed about when this baby will come. I have EIGHT weeks left and I'm so sick of being pregnant.

Also obsessing about how much weight I'm going to gain - I can only fit into 2 pairs of pants.

At the same time, I have a bunch of little stuff I still need to do - finish up the wraps I knit, finish decorating the nursery, host my sister's baby shower...blah.
#17 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligmom View Post
I'm down with the obsessive thoughts Mine are about how much I have to do to be "ready" for the baby to come. Logically, I know it makes no difference at all if our bedroom, family room, hallway, and boys' bedrooms are painted. Or if the closets are organized, or if the kitchen cabinets are deep cleaned...or, or, or !!!! The list goes on! She'll come when she's ready. I've just been exhausting myself with worry.
This whole being ready thing. Arrgh! When I wake in night to pee, I have a hard time falling back asleep b/c I start thinking about what I will clean tomorrow! It's not like I am going to give birth in the closet! What does the baby care if the shelves are disinfected and everything is organized?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkprincess View Post
I'm obsessed about when this baby will come. I have EIGHT weeks left and I'm so sick of being pregnant.

Also obsessing about how much weight I'm going to gain - I can only fit into 2 pairs of pants.
I have gained a lot of weight with this one, and am down to one pair of pants and one pair of sweats. I refuse/can't really afford to buy more clothes, after all, it's just a couple more months, but I keep worrying that these pants are going to fall apart!
#18 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 04:57 PM

Posting again.

I'm very much obsessed with this baby being okay. Like Full Heart, I'm worried a lot about this baby moving. Ten hours will go by without a movement. I mean, this baby will sleep through the night already! And that really scares me. I wake up in the middle of the night, begging the baby to kick me. I wake up in the morning, and get DS or DH to talk to the baby, to tell it to wake up. I won't do kick counts because this baby just doesn't move for many hours during the day. I'm having nightmares about a stillbirth. I'm freaking out about each and every symptom I have, sure that there's something wrong with the baby.
My son almost never stopped moving when he was inside me - except for one time for 8 hours. And that time, I went to the hospital because it freaked me out. Whereas this baby seems to like stillness just a bit too much for my comfort.
I can't wait for this baby to be born already so I can keep him/her safe in my arms and KNOW that he/she is okay!

Mizelenius - My worries about the length and difficulty of labor aren't so much about whether I can handle it (I don't give myself a choice - hospitals absolutely terrify me, so I'll only transfer in case of a true emergency), but more about whether my second child will actually take half the time as my first did (which would give me a really short active labor - 3-4 hours) and how that might make it more difficult (can labor go TOO quickly?)

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#19 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 05:11 PM

Chocolate chip cookies.

Does that count? And I want the kind made with sugar and no healthy stuff added into them (other than my whole wheat flour and walnuts). I've been making them with bananas for some of the butter, honey instead of sugar, adding in oatmeal...and they're good but just not the same.

Also obsess about donuts. Fresh, glazed donuts.

I wonder what she will look like...I wonder how my son will get along with her...

I can't wait for my milk to come in, if thinking about that a lot is criteria for an obsession...

And how much more weight I'll gain...if I'll hit the "over 50 and not looking anymore" point or more, as I did with ds.

With all these high-fat sweets, maybe the little one is taking over my food intake willpower...
#20 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 05:14 PM

I'm obsessed with my blood pressure and being able to keep this baby inside for at least another 2 weeks (I'm currently on very strict bedrest), and the prospect of having to deal with Mag SUlfate during delivery again this time.
#21 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 05:23 PM

Okay, after the not moving posts, I started thinking about it and mine doesn't move that much either. Okay, sometimes lots, but others it just goes a long time without movement. I just pushed on my belly to get the little squirt moving. But if the baby can sleep through my girls singing then maybe it is a good thing
#22 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 PM

Glad to know I am in good company here! I've got a bunch of the same stuff swimming aroung in my head too:

Position (Tika, mine keeps going between ROT and ROP too : )

Being strong enough for labor

The new family dynamic, especially the relationship between ds and the baby

Chocolate chip cookies

Getting everything done in time (I typed up 6 pages of to-do lists last night : )

Money/taxes - Dh thinks we might be able to pull off a refund but he isn't sure he's calculating things right. Otherwise we owe a bunch (that we don't have) and now my car's windshield is cracked from a rock hitting it last week. What's that run, $500? It's the only car that can hold the car seats.

And here's a new one I think:
Breastfeeding problems and PPD
#23 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusdebi View Post
Posting again.

I'm very much obsessed with this baby being okay. Like Full Heart, I'm worried a lot about this baby moving. Ten hours will go by without a movement. I mean, this baby will sleep through the night already! And that really scares me. I wake up in the middle of the night, begging the baby to kick me. I wake up in the morning, and get DS or DH to talk to the baby, to tell it to wake up. I won't do kick counts because this baby just doesn't move for many hours during the day. I'm having nightmares about a stillbirth. I'm freaking out about each and every symptom I have, sure that there's something wrong with the baby.
My son almost never stopped moving when he was inside me - except for one time for 8 hours. And that time, I went to the hospital because it freaked me out. Whereas this baby seems to like stillness just a bit too much for my comfort.
I can't wait for this baby to be born already so I can keep him/her safe in my arms and KNOW that he/she is okay!
Yes! this is totally me. I wake up to go pee and do kick counts in the middle of the night. The baby sleeps through anything! I get scared enough when my 1 yr old sleeps through the night, I just can't do my inutero baby sleeping through the night. By the time this baby comes I am gonna have white hair!

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page