What could this be??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-05-2007, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have this hard lump--I guess either a butt or a head--that is almost completely under my ribs. When I was driving earlier, I tried to get the hard lump to move because it was really making me uncomfortable, and when I pushed on it, I could feel another body part hitting my cervix and at times my hip bone. It felt like the whole baby was moving when I pushed on it.

Do you think the baby is head down? I thought I read that if the whole body moves when you push, then it's a butt or back.
#2 of 7 Old 02-05-2007, 08:16 PM

Sounds like a butt to me. Could be a head, but more likely a rear.
#3 of 7 Old 02-05-2007, 08:17 PM

Hi I just thought I would say that at this point in your pregnancy your baby could very well be head down. I know mine was at my last visit with my doc and it's likely that the whole baby moves when you push, cuz he or she is running out of room. I am not due until the end of March, however I have a very large baby in there and am hoping to come sooner then that. I would ask your doc or midwife if you are concerned, but it sounds pretty standard to me. Hope all is well, do you know what you are having??

a friend Lara

#4 of 7 Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 PM

Hey, I know that lump, LOL... I can tell it is a bum because when I push on it, feet kick my ribs

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#5 of 7 Old 02-05-2007, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

I REALLY hope she is head down because she has been breech (with her head and feet up high) for the last few weeks, and she did a lot of moving the last few days. I am so hoping what I am feeling under my ribs is a booty rather than a huge head! It really feels too big to be just a head there. :
#6 of 7 Old 02-05-2007, 10:36 PM

That sounds exactly like what happens with the lump under MY ribs, and my baby is definitely head down. I've heard that if it's a butt, the whole baby moves, and if it's a head, just the head moves...when pushed on in that way.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#7 of 7 Old 02-05-2007, 11:10 PM

Sounds like a butt to me too! Nic was head down for a month before birth and I definitely had a hard lump I could push down.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page