Pelvis pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-05-2007, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know there have been other threads about this. I have a terrible pain but its only really on the left side. It wasn't so bad but here lately its almost unbearable. It pops at night when I roll over. Its the bone between my crotch and upper thigh.
Just wondering if anyone has found solutions.
Thank You
#2 of 7 Old 02-06-2007, 12:26 AM

i'd go see a chiropractor who has experience with pregnancy. i started going a few weeks ago and that pain has gotten soooo much better!
#3 of 7 Old 02-06-2007, 12:44 AM

i had that with # 2 and #3 begining as early as 4 months pregnant. It is due to teh horomones softening the connective tissue between your bones. I felt like my bones were rubbing at teh front joint of my pelvis ! OUCH but I think I tried to ignore it and keps excersizing (careful not to spread my legs and over stretch. Walking is good and laying with a pillow in between your legs always. You will return to normal, and hopefully you will birth without even having to push because of the nice soft pelvis!

Kiya- Mama to 3 growing Son's. Waldorf joy.gifDoula  hug.gif  Making Recycled Woolens and Trainers every spare moment.
#4 of 7 Old 02-06-2007, 12:58 AM

I've been feeling it for a week or so now, especially when I put my pants on. Lifting one leg at a time seems to aggravate it.
I went to Aquafit class today and it seems to have helped stretch things out a little bit.
It's called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) if you look it up online, and not everyone gets it.
#5 of 7 Old 02-06-2007, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I did find some info online about it. I am going to try find a chiropractor and buy a body pillow. I didn't have this with my first and have been so worried that it would make pushing more painful.
Thank you.
#6 of 7 Old 02-06-2007, 05:02 AM

I've had varying degrees of SPD this time around since 18 weeks!

It's a lot better now than it was, I can at least walk without tears, but my pelvis still hurts. I've also been nervous about pushing with this pain.
#7 of 7 Old 02-06-2007, 08:42 AM

I have been feeling this for a couple months. It has gotten worse since his head is now sitting on top of my pelvic. He head also goes down into the gap of my pelvic bone, thank God he always pops back up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page