I have another question?? possibly TMI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-06-2007, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok i know i keep asking a lot of questions but this is my first baby and im not really sure what to think about a lot of this and i hate calling my doc so late.

Ive been spotting for the past couple days. Nothing too serious just some brownish mixed in with CM. Ive had a pretty eventful pregnancy, basically i almost get periods just not as bad as a normal period would be. basically 2 or 3 days of spotting, my OB said that this happens with some women in pregnancy so she wasn't concerned and ive done a lot of research on it and it seems ok to me.

Well DH and i had sex tonight I'm really trying to get it as much as I can before Kristopher makes his debut since I think 6 weeks w/o sex is going to kill me.

Anyway after the deed was over DH had like a thick boggery thing on his woo hoo. It was tinted kinda brown not red blood or anything. I'm wondering if this could be my mucus plug?? anyone know much about that thing or if sex could make it come out??
#2 of 3 Old 02-06-2007, 01:45 AM

Sex can trigger contractions that can help explel the mucas plug. That is what it sound like that it is part of the mucus plug. I wouldn't worry about it.
#3 of 3 Old 02-06-2007, 01:53 AM

Semen contains prostoglandins (sp?) which help soften the cervix, so that probably was some of your plug. And the brownish stuff is probably old blood from your cervix getting bonked into. You're probably ok, but if you start bleeding red, your water breaks, or you start having regular contractions then I'd call. Otherwise, enjoy the lovin!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page