Feeling isolated in maternaville. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-07-2007, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI all. I need some support here. I am 36 weeks pregnant with first child. On a farm in the country, my belly too big and legs too short to drive anywhere, napping all of the time, getting no sex, on a no sugar diet and still feeling exhausted and unmotivated. Is this normal? I know you get all antisocial and stuff, but this is ridiculous. I just don't feel grounded. I don't know what to do with myself. There is only so much tea to drink. I feel privaledged to stay home, but am starting to just get bored. Sorry, needed to vent. Any tips or normalization would be sooooo helpful.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Hi,
I felt like this today. This isn't my first baby but I feel like my house is clean and organised, we have everything ready for the baby and I'm sitting at home bored (with my 2 year old). It's like I've peaked too soon.
Not sure about advice really.....how about going for a walk or swim, read some of Ina May's stuff, whatever you do don't watch "the birth channel" on TV. Or do a belly cast and then paint it, start a birth book, make some meals to be frozen (boy, I'd have to be really bored to do the last one)
#3 of 9 Old 02-07-2007, 06:23 PM
jkg

Massagemama, I felt just like you described when I was pg with DS1. One thing that helped me was to read some of the books I had been meaning to read, books that had nothing to do with pregnancy. It's a good thing I did , since it was a big shock for me to go from being an avid reader to not having enough energy to finish more than a few pages once the baby was born. As excited as I was to be having a baby, I just needed a break from the intensity of it all. Can you order some books (maybe even used copies if you want to keep it affordable) online? Other than that, I wish I had more helpful advice...I know I was so antisocial during that time that I didn't even answer the phone. I do think that's natural though.
#4 of 9 Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 PM

Hey MassageMama,
You're not alone! I live in a very rural area, too, and while I am still working (as a special ed teacher in a town 25 miles away) and doing Mom activities with my 6th grade son, I feel torn between: (on one hand) feeling like I am doing too much but have to continue until my leave starts instead of staying home and just....knitting or cooking and freezing food and nesting or...(on the other hand) when it is my son's week with his dad and I don't have plans with friends and GET to be totally alone at home, I can feel bored and isolated. It's like I want whatever I don't have at the time!

What helps me is JUST focusing on the day at hand, and prioritizing things that I can do to take care of myself, like:
  • a walk alone or with a friend
  • a phone call to a friend to connect with other women/mothers
  • prenatal yoga
  • creating something...knitting or sewing
  • decluttering and cleaning my house
  • reading in bed or in the bath
  • watching movies
  • staying quiet and still

SIGH! Good luck! Soon enough you will always have someone with you and something to do with that little someone!

Peace,

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
#5 of 9 Old 02-07-2007, 10:35 PM

You're not alone. I have been feeling huge, exhausted, and antisocial lately as well. I try to get out for my DD's sake, but it's been hard recently. I just don't have any energy. (((Hugs))) to you.
#6 of 9 Old 02-07-2007, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I feel the love! Today I ended up tackling the quintesential pregnant lady project.......photographs! Really, how many pictures of one's cats and dogs do you need? Its a big project, but fun to see where I've come from and try not to dwell too much on the daunting mystery that lies ahead. I can't wait for the mommy hormones to kick in, cause right now I just feel rotund and in limbo......but hey, at least I've got a nice set of breasts now
#7 of 9 Old 02-09-2007, 09:24 PM

Just wondering how you're feeling...
#8 of 9 Old 02-09-2007, 09:40 PM

I know exactly how you feel. When I was preg w/ DD I lived in the middle of no were. I was 18 all my friends had better things to do then drive an half hour to see me. I was tired and sick of MIL and FIL and how no one knew how to clean up after them selves. I was hot and VERY uncomftorble and just wanting her out. I was very depressed the last few weeks of my pregnancy with DD. I am sorry I have no advice cause I just suffered through it, but I wanted you to know that I understand how you are feeling right now.
#9 of 9 Old 02-09-2007, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Well. I am still feeling in limbo. A friend called today to say that she wont be coming to our Blessing Way tomorrow (which should be nice) and I had NO idea what day it was. My days and nights are blengin together as I am just catching sleep here and there. I am sick now too (I never get sick): which just tells me that I am not myself right now. I thank all of your responses though, it helps to simply have anyone say 1) I get it and 2) Hang in there.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page