No Name! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 02-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOVE Liam. We are in the opposite boat, boy name, but no girl name...

HTH!

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 02-12-2007, 03:12 PM

My eldest is pushing for "Batman" for a boy and my second thinks "Pink Princess Kitty" rocks for a girl.

Tamara: hs'ing Christian mom of five here and five in Heaven. Joyfully awaiting Punkin, coming mid-Sept!
#33 of 34 Old 02-12-2007, 03:51 PM

names, names... All of my 4 thus far have *told* me their names. Before they arrived. Just listen, and ask your baby! I bet you will hear the answer and know it to be true. They have all had meaning / or history for us - so...

Annabelle Elizabeth-Louise - they are over 10+ "-belle'' 's in our family. She told me one night, I woke up and *knew* she was annabelle. The middle is my middle/and my great grandmothers first name, and my mother's middle name.

Elijah-Skye Paul. He told me Elijah - and later Skye. My husband and I are both Scottish {him mostly - me some}, and his family comes from Skye Island, off the coast of Scotland. Paul we chose after a dear friend/father figure to my husband.

Violet-Rain Tinkerbell - well- she was Tink from the moment I conceived her I told Annabelle I was pregnant - at 6 weeks - and she said "is the baby coming out now?" and I said "No, she is still little - like Tinkerbell" So - it stuck. We all called her tink- through out my pregnancy. At the end - we started to realize it was her name, but how could we do that? She might have a hard time being taken seriously, ya know? So- I said to my dh - "well- 1st, lets make sure that she is a girl indeed, then let's see what she looks like"... Well- born under water in the caul, we lifted her from the water, and the amniotic fluid glittered in the water behind her, she had a beautiful purple aura, and we both said "wow! look! she really is a fairie!" So it stuck. The purple aura was so vibrant so she told me Violet-Rain. We made tink her middle name so she might conceal her silly fairie-ness later if desired, but we call her Tink all the time. We tell strangers she is Violet- because we have to explain/they just don't believe us when we tell them her name is Tink.

btw - We really love James Barrie/peter pan , its not a disney thing }

My son we expect mid-march has told me his name: Sebastian-Snow, and later chose his middle name to be that of his grandfather : Gene-Elliot. So:
Sebastian-Snow Gene-Elliot.
Dad is going to be thrilled! We aren't going to tell him - he will find out when he sees the birth announcement!
#34 of 34 Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 PM

Names I considered before settling on one:

Silas
Jonas
Henry
Oliver
Shea

Sophie
Chloe
Violet (if our U/S was totally wrong and we end up having a baby sister, my son likes this one the best )
Nora

The last poster talked about her babies "telling" her their names....this one told me his name, as well, in a dream and I woke up and just said, "That's it!" His name is Hayes, which is the name of my dad's great-uncle who died almost 100 years ago! Cool.

I want to work in other family names, and have been telling people his name is Hayes Frederick (my mom's dad was Frederick). However, recently it occurred to me that it would be cool to have a secret name that no one hears about until his birth. I am Southern (originally) and like the tradition of a 2-name first name for both genders. My dad is Paul and will be coming out for the birth with my mom, so I am going to name him Paul-Hayes Frederick P. and just call him Hayes. I think it will be such a touching connection with his grandpa, who will be so surprised!!!!!

Now...if Hayes turns out to be Violet, then.....I will have to figure out the middle name thing!

Good luck!

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page