moon changes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-13-2007, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, my grandmother swears I will go into labor during a moon change. I am 37 weeks tomorrow. The New Moon is on the 17th Feb, first quarter 24thand the full moon is on March 3. I am putting $$ on March 3. Anyone else know anything about birth and moon cycles?
#2 of 11 Old 02-13-2007, 11:16 PM

I know L&D departments at hospitals are typically crazy during the full moon. The night before my son was born was a full moon. The hospital was so full the next day they were kicking people out. I believe there is also a lot of Native American tradition around the full moon. I remember hearing the Native American women were so connected to nature that tribes would mensturate together around the moon cycles.

I hope my little one decides to come out during the full moon!
#3 of 11 Old 02-13-2007, 11:40 PM

I'd put money on the full moon too. Isn't it related to changes in barometric pressure also?
#4 of 11 Old 02-13-2007, 11:46 PM
jkg

DS was born on a full moon, and like a pp said, the L & D floor at my hospital was so packed, they had to start sending moms to a separate, non-maternity floor! I really believe in the moon's effects on our fertility and our cycles.
#5 of 11 Old 02-13-2007, 11:51 PM

well, the moon controls all water sources on planet earth
and since humans are 70 % water

i'm certain there is something to that logic
especially since, our brains are 95% water
and that is what creates our human perception of consciousness and controls our bodies natural functions (breathing, digestion, giving birth)
#6 of 11 Old 02-13-2007, 11:55 PM

The nurses at the hospital I delivered DD at told me that they have an increase of women coming in to give birth during full moons. DC #2 is due March 3 so it will be interesting to see if he comes on his due date! That would mean both children were born on their due dates! What's the chances of that?
#7 of 11 Old 02-14-2007, 01:47 AM

The full moon on March 3 also corresponds to a lunar eclipse.... I'm betting the little one will be ready pretty near

Who would want to miss that after all!??
#8 of 11 Old 02-14-2007, 11:03 AM

My MW is busier during a full Moon but she said a lot of them turn out to be false labors - that there is a pull but if baby and Mama aren't ready then it won't happen.
I remember being pregnant and standing outside showing my belly to the full moon. None of my 4 children have been born during a full moon.

A very good friend was 'overdue' and I suggested she spend some naked time outside under the full moon - she and DH actually made love under the full moon when she was 5-6 days late and nothing, she went 5 more days.

So, I think if everything else is ready it is more likely to happen or at least start during a full moon but it certainly is no guarantee.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#9 of 11 Old 02-14-2007, 05:03 PM

God, I have heard many times how full hospitals can be during a full moon. EDD here is march 6th, and the hospital I am going to be at doesn't do full room inin L&D if they are really busy. :
I am hoping to be there on a slow day, I don't want them to put my baby in that aweful nursery!
#10 of 11 Old 02-14-2007, 05:15 PM

My dd came 2.5 weeks early during the full moon eclipse! The moon was a HUGE harvest moon, deep red and the eclipse was amazing. I totally believe that when the baby is ready it will most likely show up during a full moon cycle.

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#11 of 11 Old 02-14-2007, 07:04 PM

I've been joking with DH and my doula that I've already picked the day baby will come, March 3rd. Full moon, a Saturday, doula's kids will be out of town, and just past my EDD. haha, if it were only that easy!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page