Argh...screw it! I quit! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-16-2007, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's nature's cruel joke that a pregnant woman has decreased ability to hold onto things, less grace in general, and that the floor where so many things fall out of my hands, out of my reach, is so very far away. My toddler isn't quite old enough to understand my requests for help, and so if it isn't harmful to him or the dogs, I say SCREW IT! Let my floor be littered with stuff.

And, if I cannot see the stain on my shirt when I look down, I request permission from the fashion police to pretend it's not there. I guess I run into or press up against stuff that is leaving stains on my shirts, and...yeah. If I can't see it unless it's in the mirror, I want to live in denial of its existence. Let me pretend that I have my act together and look chic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-16-2007, 07:23 PM

I cant tell u how much my mother had to keep telling me i have stains on my shrit, Im like seriously u have had 2 kids you of all ppl should understand.
#3 of 7 Old 02-16-2007, 07:26 PM

Oh sweetie, you look better than chic you are pregnant I am sure that you have a lovely glow to you, oh and how exciting just one more month.:
Every pregnant woman feels that way sometimes. I hope you feel better soon.
#4 of 7 Old 02-16-2007, 07:52 PM

:

I call myself the super stealthy ninja pregnant lady.

At this point I couldn't sneak up on a chair.

I get very frustrated too, tired of asking for help from dh so very often.

Takes me two to three attempts to fold a towel.. a towel! Have to think about how to balance to get up. Drop food all over the belly.

It really is so extreme there is nothing to do but laugh.
#5 of 7 Old 02-16-2007, 08:20 PM

I'm right there with you, MrsTC! If I can't pick it up with my toes, it stays on the floor. And I swear, I never used to drop things as often as I do now. (I'm sure I'm just noticing, but still, it is ridiculous!)

An hour ago, my computer froze, and I had to crawl under my desk to shut it off and turn it back on again in order to finish my work. ("cuss" "cuss" "cuss") I ended up staying on the floor for 20 minutes (YES 20 MINUTES), because continuing my work from the floor, as uncomfortable as it was, was better than trying to get up OFF the floor.

But fortunately . . . there is light at the end of the tunnel for all of us!!
#6 of 7 Old 02-16-2007, 10:29 PM

I'm right there with you guys! I know very soon I will miss being pregnant but 99% of the time I just want this little one in my arms, not my belly. I am exhausted from being uncomfortable all the time. And the effort it takes to do anything is extraordinary!
#7 of 7 Old 02-17-2007, 01:46 AM

The other night dh was gone, and I decide to lay on the floor to stretch my back. Ooops. I ended up having a severe belly pain, it felt like a pulled muscle or tendon and I stayed there like a turtle on my back. I couldn't move AT ALL, just my arms and toes. Totally ridiculous. I finally forced myself up under tremendous pain.
Dh also likes to throw his undies and socks in various corners of the house and doesn't pick them up. My 2 yo is MUCH BETTER cleaning up after herself I found out. :

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page