Alright what's up with the March DDCers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-21-2007, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And why do we all have the same "scares" as far as contractions, etc?

Moon cycles, maybe?

So many are saying (particularly about last night) that things feel REALLY close... or that they were having contractions.

We all be doin' things at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 02-21-2007, 03:57 PM
jkg

Moon cycles would make sense. Unfortunately I feel like I am nowhere close to labor. Not that I want to rush the baby if he isn't ready, but I feel like my body may stay pregnant for another 5 weeks (I'm 37 weeks), and I do not want to be induced this time!! So send some of those preparing-for-labor vibes this way, ok?
#3 of 13 Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkg View Post
Moon cycles would make sense. Unfortunately I feel like I am nowhere close to labor. Not that I want to rush the baby if he isn't ready, but I feel like my body may stay pregnant for another 5 weeks (I'm 37 weeks), and I do not want to be induced this time!! So send some of those preparing-for-labor vibes this way, ok?
I'm feeling the same way. I'll be 38 weeks on friday and don't feel like I'm anywhere close to having this baby. It's #4 for me and I haven't been having any BH or regular contractions. With my other kids, 2 were on their due date and one was late. Doesn't it seem like I should at least get to be a little bit early with this one? I am holding out until after friday because my wonderful friends got me a pregnancy message and I want a chance to us it and my appointment is for friday morning, but after that I thinks it's time to start trying all the natural get-labor-started methods.
#4 of 13 Old 02-21-2007, 06:15 PM

I had a lot of annoying BH last night too. I also don't feel like I'm anywhere near real labor.
#5 of 13 Old 02-21-2007, 06:48 PM

im 38 weeks and after last nights trip to the birth center and comming home im feeling like the day is going to be here soon. No contractions today but we will see when i go to lay down for bed tonight thats when they usually like to happen. Im doing baby laundry as we speak and tonight im putting up his crib and maybe the changing table depending on how late it gets, I just hope he holds off at least one more day.
#6 of 13 Old 02-21-2007, 07:16 PM

Last night was the first night I had *no* contractions. In fact I didn't feel any at all the entire day. Today I've noticed two when I went out for my hour long walk. I am due in ten days and I am getting very anxious for this baby to get here. DH wants him to hold off as long as possible though since work is so hectic for him right now.
Anyway, I started feeling like I was getting close but now I'm not so sure. On top of that my midwife today started talking about induction. That's the last thing I want to think about!
#7 of 13 Old 02-21-2007, 07:32 PM

I have tons of contractions, but that could be cause this is #7 for me. Baby is really low but has been about a mos now. I haven't noticed any increase in dishcharge like I normally do so just based on that I think I have weeks left. But everyone is different maybe this time it will just all happen overnight. I don't know. I wish it would be soon (due next week) but I think it could be another 3 weeks.

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#8 of 13 Old 02-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Lots of BHs last weekend. this week not so much, I mean only a few a day! so now I feel less like I am closer to labor than I did over the weekend. 13 days to EDD, midwife thinks I wil go over by about a week. She says she noticed when they go by ultrasound it goes at or close to EDD but when using cycle like myself it usually is about a week after EDD. We'll see!
#9 of 13 Old 02-23-2007, 02:09 AM

So does anyone else notice that the contractions are more frequent & stronger in the evenings rather than throughout the day?
#10 of 13 Old 02-23-2007, 02:41 AM

I had read somewhere that oxytocin increases at night, which is why so many babies are born in the middle of the night. Of course with my previous labor, those practice days they stalled at night. My contractions have stopped a little now. I have actually felt alright to get up and move around. I thought I was drinking enough, but with the uti scare I started drinking more and they have calmed down and I have been feeling better. So those of you who want to wait a little bit longer try increasing your water intake, I swear I am a huge water drinker, but I guess it just wasn't quite enough.
#11 of 13 Old 02-23-2007, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonamon View Post
So does anyone else notice that the contractions are more frequent & stronger in the evenings rather than throughout the day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Flowers View Post
I had read somewhere that oxytocin increases at night, which is why so many babies are born in the middle of the night.
In the middle of the night or in the morning after a night of really good strong labor. Although babies are born at every time of day of course.

But yes, oxytocin levels rise in the evening/night, so contractions before active labor will often be stronger/more frequent/only happen then. Being tired (that is, "over-doing it") also increases them at any time of day.
#12 of 13 Old 02-23-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn View Post
Being tired (that is, "over-doing it") also increases them at any time of day.
Yea...pretty sure I didn't over-do it yesterday -- I even sat down for most of my shower...
#13 of 13 Old 02-24-2007, 12:22 AM

Having a good ol' contraction right now! I've been getting them on & off for a long while....I can tell you that this babe is still on the right side w/those little feet kicking & poking out and I have NO room to sit! When I drive I feel like I'm squating! I keep getting major butt pain/way low back pain, due to the babe being low?

Whew!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page