Positive Vibes, Groovy Labor Mantras and Peaceful Meditations..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-22-2007, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone in another thread about freaking out suggested a thread of positive stuff. I think that is a superb idea and so I'm going to just that. Post your positive vibes, groovy labor mantras, and peaceful meditations right here......

I know that my body has the power and capability to give birth naturally to a healthy baby.

I know that my body and baby will decide when the time for arrival is right.

I have faith that my body will journey through labor and arrive at delivery in a positive and healthy manner.

I know I can, I know I can, I know I can....

I visualize myself riding on the wave of contractions and giving my self wholy to their power. I see the baby crowing as my perinium stretches slowly and easily to accomodate my child's head. I feel my body pushing out my baby powerfully and with purpose.

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
#2 of 6 Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 PM

AWESOME THREAD!!!!! Love it!

At the peak of my labor during my homebirth with number three....I spontaneously started chanting through each contraction saying "Powerful powerful powerful" or "Strong strong strong" as a way to communicate how they felt but also what I am as a birthing mother! The contrax and I became one!

~Bean
#3 of 6 Old 02-23-2007, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thank you so much! I should print this out and keep it as a mantra to prep me for labor day. I am feeling much calmer already. I could be because I am eating a bowl of Thin Mint Chocolate Ice cream, and waiting for my fresh popcorn to pop.... mmm late night snacking.....
#4 of 6 Old 02-23-2007, 03:20 AM

I've been chanting this song:

I know this rose will open
I know my fears will burn away
I know my soul will unfurl its wings
I know this rose will open

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#5 of 6 Old 02-23-2007, 11:46 AM

This may not quite fit, but it is a feeling that I have had since I last gave birth.
I have felt so empowered by my last birth, which was natural. I felt those contractions and knew that my body was doing what needed to be done. I embraced them, they would be what got me to my baby. I listened and knew what to do for my body to make them bearable. And hours after I gave birth I felt so healed and so wonderful that I told my dh that I wanted to do it again. It was the most amazing experience that I have ever had. To completely surrender to my body and its knowledge. I kinda look at it with the same wonder that I don't have to think to breath, have my heart beat or many other of the things my body does naturally. I just have to not fight it.
#6 of 6 Old 02-23-2007, 06:34 PM

Don't fight.
Ride the wave.
Open and release.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page