What is the first thing you want to do for you aftrer baby is born? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought of this because of a short conversation between me and madam president.

The 1st thing that I want to do for myself after the baby comes is to groom my hoo hoo. It has been months since I have been able to get to that part long enough to even think about grooming it.

I know I am not the only mama who has thought about what they are going to do after the baby has gotten here.
#2 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 02:06 AM

The first thing i did for myslef after DS was shower. OMG it felt so good to be clean after all of the hard work.
#3 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 02:17 AM

Have a sandwich!
#4 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 02:23 AM

Eat sushi and drink cognac!

(not together, though. that may be a bit gross)
#5 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 02:27 AM

I second the sushi desire! I've been craving a good hunk of yellowtail. I miss my sushi!! (We have an ongoing thing here that if for some reason I am transferred and stay overnight anyplace, my first meal better be some raw fish!)

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#6 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 02:36 AM

My first thought is to go home... a shower sounds really good, but my shower at home is certainly nicer than the hospital.

Ohh and there is a sushi place across the street from the hospital, but then I haven't been staying away from it.

I have been thinking of a tall glass of cold Guinness for a couple of months now!! Will have to time that one well, might go in for a half to make it a bit easier on me.
#7 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 02:36 AM

Okay, I tried to groom myself. I was able to do this throughout my last two pregnancies. I carried high, I could see what was down there. I am carrying low this time. Lets just say my dh laughed at my efforts i miracuously didn't harm myself though. Which after him seeing what I did, he was amazed at.
But I am not sure what I want to do. Maybe have a margarita. I think it is just because my girls are driving me to insanity lately. I will say, I want my braces off, I have had them for a year and a half and I would so love to bite into something right now. Sorry, whoever posted about eating a sandwich, that is what made me think about it. Pregnant and braces sucks when you are craving a bunch of stuff you can't eat. To eat carrot sticks again would be heaven:
I would also love to sleep comfortably again, but I know that won't happen for awhile. Also dtd without having a belly in the way will be very nice, again won't happen for awhile though afterwards. I guess I just see now that all the things that you think end with pregnancy, don't actually end with pregnancy. There is like a 3 to 12 months period where you are still kinda pregnant...
#8 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 02:48 AM

I'm sure this won't happen right away, but I can't wait to wear some none pregnant clothes.
#9 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 02:51 AM

Shower and sleep!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#10 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 AM

The first thing I want to do is NOTHING... and take care of my baby of course. I don't want to clean or cook and I don't want to feel guilty for not doing it when I should be.

Oh yeah and sleep. It's 5:22am and I have been awake since 3:45am. I know that this is a pipe dream and that I still won't get any after I have a baby - but still. Would be nice to sleep when you are tired and to be tired when you should sleep.

Mother to a wonderful 4 year old boy born March 2007 who was once fuzmalesling.gifbfolderchild.gifdiaper.gif and still familybed1.gif

Starting once more from the beginning and  expecting bigeyes.gif a surprise someone pos.gif in September

#11 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 06:42 AM

Oh yeah - and I would like to be able to hand this baby off to hubby and walk to the other side of the room.

It's sooooo heavy and I am so unconfortable. It's his turn to carry the weight!

Mother to a wonderful 4 year old boy born March 2007 who was once fuzmalesling.gifbfolderchild.gifdiaper.gif and still familybed1.gif

Starting once more from the beginning and  expecting bigeyes.gif a surprise someone pos.gif in September

#12 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 06:49 AM

And I would like a drink!

After lurking for a month - it seems I have gone crazy and posted half a dozen times in two days!

I am slowly going crazy!

#13 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 06:55 AM

Not in ddc not actually pregnant at the mo but when we have another after first hold, first feed and i've had a wash etc and baby goes for his/her several hour nap (which they all did) i will get some sleep instead of sitting watching them sleep or carrying them round sleeping, i will have baby in bed with me a get the much needed shut eye zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#14 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 09:23 AM

sleep on my stomache!!

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
#15 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 10:07 AM
jkg

I'd like a glass of wine!
#16 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 11:27 AM

I am sooo looking forward to losing weight!!! Not having control over this insatiable appetite of mine (for the whole pregnancy, I might add!) has been driving me crazy! I'd also love to just have a day or two where I didn't have to count grams of protein, fiber, calcium and other nutrients, getting all my RDA of fruits and veggies, and could just eat whatever I'm craving and not think about how it's affecting the baby!

Oh, yes, and a glass of Sangria would be nice, too! Or a Radler...
#17 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 11:30 AM

hmmm....all those ideas sound great!!!

put me down for all of em
#18 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 12:01 PM

Eat a subway sub sandwich...I've obstained through pregnancy since I don't trust their level of anal cleanliness I'd hope for...with listeria concerns and all. Mmm...nitrate loaded meats and chemically-sprayed veggies and all.

Oh--and it's a tie with do more than trim my toenails. I gave up on painting and grooming them beyond that a few weeks ago.
#19 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Shower first, eat Ramen second.

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
#20 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 05:37 PM

Experience pants that don't fall down, LOL...

I want to sit on the couch and read DD a story and cuddle - it's been tough on both of us to work around the belly lately. And I want a really hot bath...

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#21 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 06:02 PM

I'd like a drink of wine. I'd like to be able to roll over in bed effortlessly. I'd like not to be wearing maternity clothes. And just holding the baby in my arms.
#22 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTC View Post
Eat a subway sub sandwich...I've obstained through pregnancy since I don't trust their level of anal cleanliness I'd hope for...with listeria concerns and all. Mmm...nitrate loaded meats and chemically-sprayed veggies and all.

Oh--and it's a tie with do more than trim my toenails. I gave up on painting and grooming them beyond that a few weeks ago.
You can reach your toes to trim them?!?
#23 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 06:56 PM

I want to wear my early maternity clothes... this baby being OUT will DOUBLE my wardrobe! I want a big stiff drink, to sleep on my tummy, and YES YES YES to hand DC off to DP for a while. "See? See how heavy?" I want to be able to take migraine meds.

Most of all... I want my stomach to move FROM my ribcage to back where it belongs. And I want to take a BIG HUGE DEEP BREATH. And actually get some oxygen as a result!
#24 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxceleste View Post
Most of all... I want my stomach to move FROM my ribcage to back where it belongs. And I want to take a BIG HUGE DEEP BREATH. And actually get some oxygen as a result!
OK, finally found way I am in complete agreement with! (I, so far, have been insanely lucky in the pregnancy discomforts department - not that I don't have my discomforts, but it's nothing really worth complaining about. ) But this - this would be nice! Big deep breath without the rib pain would rock my world.

Oh, and I'd say not get up five million times a night, but I know that's not gonna change post-baby. The reason for getting up might be different, but I'm not expecting 8 uninterrupted hours anytime soon.
#25 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 07:32 PM

Sleep. The sleep post baby is always just divine. Not that I get alot of it but its pain free!

Then when I am well rested I am gonna trim down under. I can feel it hanging down my leg (what tmi? ) but I can't see a darn thing! All I see is belly and feet lol.

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#26 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 07:53 PM

besides all the fun baby stuff, for myself I would LOVE to go back to the gym. This won't happen because we can't afford it now that I am not working, and I will be the only one watching baby. BUT I can get back to doing crunches.

Eat Tiramisu again!

Get to eat a little Poke. (raw fish) not much since breast feeding I think still have to watch mercury intake. (right?)

Play with stepdaughter, jump rope, tickle fight etc. All the stuff she asks me to do and I can't right now.

Run on the beach.

Go for a deep swim in the ocean.

Go horse backriding.

Climb a tree or two.

Make love in more than one position!

and of course groom properly.
#27 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_Mama View Post
besides all the fun baby stuff, for myself I would LOVE to go back to the gym. This won't happen because we can't afford it now that I am not working, and I will be the only one watching baby. BUT I can get back to doing crunches.

Eat Tiramisu again!

Get to eat a little Poke. (raw fish) not much since breast feeding I think still have to watch mercury intake. (right?)

Play with stepdaughter, jump rope, tickle fight etc. All the stuff she asks me to do and I can't right now.

Run on the beach.

Go for a deep swim in the ocean.

Go horse backriding.

Climb a tree or two.

Make love in more than one position!

and of course groom properly.
I would like to please go horseback riding and swimming in the ocean with you!
#28 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 08:08 PM

OMG - I want the BIGGEST turkey sandwich there is. With lots of cheese and pickles and mustard on some sort of fancy bread.....or maybe with avacados too!!! And a big roast beef sandwich with hot mustard................

I've already put two members of my family on "notice" that that is what their job will be...get me sandwiches!
#29 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummytwice View Post
You can reach your toes to trim them?!?
Barely. And I have to take breaks every two toes or so so I can breathe
#30 of 57 Old 02-24-2007, 08:47 PM

I forgot one IMPORTANT one, I can't believe I forgot it! I always look with longing when we pass a skatepark.

I want to go rollerblading again! I was just starting to drop off the halfpipe at the skatepark, now I am going to have to start all over again, mostly is getting over the fear of breaking something! :

I will probably stay away from the half ppe and just have fun on the other "obstacles". I don't want to end up in a cast with a baby to take care of!

Oh and Kayaking...snowboarding too.
I can't stop! Sorry I have always just been very outdoorsy and active.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page