Full Moon and Labor.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 02-27-2007, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering if any of you think that labor beginning is linked with the full moon. My mom seems to think that the full moon around the beginning of March is "my time". My DH is a firefighter, and I do know that they are MUCH busier at that time.. What do you all think?

The full moon is approx. two weeks before my EDD and the next is two weeks after my EDD.
#2 of 29 Old 02-27-2007, 10:43 PM

Hmmmm . . . . I'm not entirely sure when the full moon is, to tell the truth. But this little guy was conceived at the full moon, so I think it would make a good story if he decided to come out on the full moon, too. :-)
#3 of 29 Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 PM

It's this Saturday and it's a full lunar eclipse too. I am trying to figure out how to get away with dancing naked in the moonlight without the neighbors catching me. There's also a second full moon in March (a blue moon) somewhere around the 20th I think.
#4 of 29 Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 PM

Don't forget the March full moon is also a lunar eclipse. I think it is March 4 in the states.
#5 of 29 Old 02-27-2007, 11:18 PM

I am *certainly* hoping it works for me...
#6 of 29 Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 PM

Ooh.... A blue moon on equinox??? I've been hoping this entire pregnancy that baby will make an appearance at the beginning of spring and it would just be too cool to have it be a blue moon too!
#7 of 29 Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 PM

My childbirth class instructors said something about babies being born on/around the full moon and I definetly feel like thats a distinct possibliity for me. I'll be 39 weeks on friday, and honestly feel like he could come at any time - I'm just totally ready and think he pretty much is too!! So yeah, I'm certainly hoping for something like that!!
#8 of 29 Old 02-27-2007, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavournin View Post
Ooh.... A blue moon on equinox??? I've been hoping this entire pregnancy that baby will make an appearance at the beginning of spring and it would just be too cool to have it be a blue moon too!
Ok, I actually checked my calendar and it is saying blue moon on the 19th and it has the equinox as the 21st. So close! But still a nice window of events. I'd be aiming for those days too (our anniversary is the 20th) if that wouldn't make me 2.5 weeks overdue.
#9 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisley View Post
It's this Saturday and it's a full lunar eclipse too. I am trying to figure out how to get away with dancing naked in the moonlight without the neighbors catching me.
If you do it, definitely take pictures, LOL...

Seriously, I saw this way cool pg pic that was a silhouette with the moon in behind... what are the chances we will be able to SEE the eclipse in the rainy NW??

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win. ~Jonathan Kozel
#10 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 05:04 AM

Quote:
It's this Saturday and it's a full lunar eclipse too. I am trying to figure out how to get away with dancing naked in the moonlight without the neighbors catching me.

That sounds like fun! the neighbors can definently see in my yard. BUT it is the weekend so maybe my man will be ok with us going to secluded beach

I would LOVE to tell my little girl she was born on a full moon with moon eclipse, BUT I am birthing in hospital and I have heard they are always so busy during full moons. They don't allow full room in if they don't have enough nurses when they are too busy. I'm due on the 6th.
#11 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 05:28 AM

I actually think i posted about this... I'm looking forward to it, no matter WHAT happens!
#12 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 05:49 AM

I am hoping to have my baby on Saturday -- the full moon and lunar eclipse. My dd was born on the summer solstice and I think it would be neat to have a sun baby and a moon baby. Saturday is one day after my due date so it could work.

Due Nov 2010 with baby #3
#13 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 12:11 PM

I'd like to think that I could go into labor this weekend. I looked back at some stats from when my dd was born, and I went into labor with her at 39w2d and had her at 39w3d and the full moon that month would have been 2 days earlier, ie: when I turned 39weeks.
Well I will be turning 39 weeks on Saturday, it is a full moon...if my baby #2 wants to follow a pattern set by big sister, I should be having baby around Monday!
#14 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
There's also a second full moon in March (a blue moon) somewhere around the 20th I think.
?? How can that be? If the March full moon is on the 3rd. . then the next full moon wouldn't be until the April 1 or 2? A lunar month is approximately 29-30 days. . isn't it?

I do believe there is a blue moon in May of this year. . If using the definition of blue moon meaning a second full moon in a given calendar month.

Ok, the librarian will just sit down and shut up now

Be, happy momma to Liberty (12-31-02), Henry (3-17-07) and Prudence (7-02-09)
#15 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Ok, I actually checked my calendar and it is saying blue moon on the 19th and it has the equinox as the 21st. So close! But still a nice window of events. I'd be aiming for those days too (our anniversary is the 20th) if that wouldn't make me 2.5 weeks overdue.
My calendar has equinox as the 20th. I looked it up and found differing opinions. I guess it really has more to do with location. So for my time zone (Eastern) it would be 3/20 at 8:07 pm. Think I can make it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemommy View Post
?? How can that be? If the March full moon is on the 3rd. . then the next full moon wouldn't be until the April 1 or 2? A lunar month is approximately 29-30 days. . isn't it?

I do believe there is a blue moon in May of this year. . If using the definition of blue moon meaning a second full moon in a given calendar month.

Ok, the librarian will just sit down and shut up now
I looked it up. You're right. There is no blue moon in March, it's May 31st.
Quote:
The next two calendar blue moons (based on UTC) will be on June 30, 2007 (but May 31, 2007 in the Western Hemisphere; see below); and December 31, 2009. Because February (according to UTC) will have no full moon in 2018, January and March will each have a calendar blue moon that year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_moon
#16 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
There's also a second full moon in March (a blue moon) somewhere around the 20th I think.
Are you thinking of the new moon? That's on the 18-19 March. The next full moon will be April 2-3.
#17 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightsound View Post
Are you thinking of the new moon? That's on the 18-19 March. The next full moon will be April 2-3.
Heh heh. Must remember to pay attention to the color of the little circles on the calendar. Well it was exciting while it lasted at least.
#18 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 PM
jkg

Quote:
Heh heh. Must remember to pay attention to the color of the little circles on the calendar. Well it was exciting while it lasted at least.
Darn it! I was so excited because that was the date I have been thinking I would go into labor. Oh well, even if it's just a plain old new moon, it will be exciting to meet this little guy!
#19 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
It's this Saturday and it's a full lunar eclipse too. I am trying to figure out how to get away with dancing naked in the moonlight without the neighbors catching me. There's also a second full moon in March (a blue moon) somewhere around the 20th I think.
Sorry... next full moon isn't til the beginning of April.

Are you thinking of the blue moon on the 31st of May?
#20 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 07:48 PM

Aha! I looked at the calendar again and they made a typo! They forgot to color in the new moon symbol on the 19th. I feel so much smarter now.
#21 of 29 Old 02-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Aha! I looked at the calendar again and they made a typo! They forgot to color in the new moon symbol on the 19th. I feel so much smarter now.
lol!!! damn those crayons!
#22 of 29 Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Banned

According to tradition (OK, well my last two births) my baby will come on March 19, the new moon. Both my other kids were born on a new moon.

I remember with my DD, L&D was sooo busy the night she was born. My doctor alone attended somewhere around 12 births that night. I had to labor a good while in the waiting room til they could get me a birthing suite. :

DS was born at home, but I remember the full moon coming and going and I just knew he'd come on the new moon. We went to dinner that night, came home and DtD. My GMIL told me it was supposed to storm that night and a storm would bring on the baby. Well all that combined, he was born that night!

So now I just need DH here, a thunderstorm, spicy food, and the new moon. LOL
#23 of 29 Old 03-01-2007, 08:49 AM

Interestingly, my latest due date is 3/3. (They started with 2/19, but U/s, if we can believe it, says 3/3 is more accurate.) And I've been thinking I'll go into labor early in the morning on 3/4 and have baby by 6:00AM or so. That would be cool!
#24 of 29 Old 03-02-2007, 08:16 PM

I'm hoping for a full moon baby even though I would just be 38 weeks so probably not. My midwife said she sees more babies born when the barometric pressure drops vs. full moons.
#25 of 29 Old 03-03-2007, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamafish9 View Post
what are the chances we will be able to SEE the eclipse in the rainy NW??
yah, plus it happens at 3:17 in the afternoon, here... but--we'll KNOW it's happening...somewhere. out there.

i'm curious to see how many of us actually do have our babes this weekend. we could do an informal study to see out of how many moms due this month, how many had their babies within X days of the full moon. is that too scientific and stupid??? sounded good when i thought of it, and then as i typed, it just got dumber and dumber. ok, :yawning:, time for
#26 of 29 Old 03-03-2007, 10:47 AM

I googles full moon and babies... stistically no more babies are born on the full moon I'm a week over due and was hoping it would push me over the edge. UGH

Erin Mama to thing 1 and 2 WAH with CELIAC?! Living and Learning
#27 of 29 Old 03-03-2007, 11:28 AM

I'm really hoping this guys born (or I'm at least in labor) on/by Monday morning... why? Cause' I have 3 stinking doctors appointments only 2 of which I can possibly get to... and I don't really have ANY desire to go to any of them Sad, I know!! Though it really would be cool if he was born on the full moon... lousy contractions ended last night ::sniffle:: I was SOO hopeful!!
#28 of 29 Old 03-04-2007, 10:43 AM
jkg

Last night I actually thought I might have a full moon baby. I was at a family wedding and I started having contractions, but they never materialized into anything regular. It was funny though, and would have made such a great story--big family wedding, snowstorm, AND full moon!
#29 of 29 Old 03-04-2007, 01:51 PM

Full moon is over. No baby. Waaaaaah!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page