Arg! Foiled by prenesting!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-01-2007, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So last night after my relaxing bath and TWO cups of sleepytime tea...I got the urge to nest! : So I "mildly nested" (is that possible?) cleaning only PART of the bathroom before forcing myself to go to bed.

Do you think I went to sleep? NOOOOOOOOO! I tossed and turned all night half awake wondering if that meant I was going to have dd that night...and if so should I get up and finish cleaning b/c it wasn't all done but no it's 2am I need to sleep - and then I would doze and dream about - NESTING!!
#2 of 7 Old 03-01-2007, 04:09 PM

I have been a major nester off and on throughout this whole pregnancy. It's crazy, but I guess it's served me well because we are putting our house on the market in about a week!! :
#3 of 7 Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Wow - you are brave mama!!!

I'm glad to hear you have been nesting a lot though - I gave in and MAJORLY nested tonight (everything's vacuumed, living room COMPLETELY rearranged, garage sale stuff pulled out) - but still don't want to go into labor quite yet! :
#4 of 7 Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 PM

I got the nesting urge this week, just about the time some friends dropped off a truckload of baby stuff I just had to sort through before going to bed (what a late night!!). I've been cleaning and cooking up dishes for the freezer all week. Wish I had my own washing machine so I could do the four loads of laundry I have waiting, so I could finally feel finished and ready for baby! (I use my MIL's next door, but I think she's getting tired of me coming over and using it...)
#5 of 7 Old 03-03-2007, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

I hear you!! I just keep thinking in my mind "oh but this isn't done yet!" Tonight though - I must admit I'm on strike! I'm posting, reading some of a novel and going to bed! (If I can keep my eyes off ANYTHING needing cleaning that is!)
#6 of 7 Old 03-05-2007, 05:29 AM

Aaaahhhh nesting fun!

Have been nesting - {due date is today}...

But- its really useful because we are moving this week! So -putting things away and cleaning the baseboards works well for right now Good god I hope the house we end up in feels "sterile" enough- I don't think I want to "sterilize" anouther house next week!

/sterilize: I can be weird about certain things being clean- really clean- or another favorite word is "contaminated".. - so I am just jabbing about being 'anal'
#7 of 7 Old 03-06-2007, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

LOL! I know what you mean birthinggoddess!! On one hand I'm happy to wait for my due date so I can get everything done for certain - on the other hand I'm really peeved if I don't go now b/c that just means I'll be cleaning all over again!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page