40 + Weekers Support Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I admit that it is nice that I don't get all the comments, but after the last two it seems like a rite of passage that it happens before giving birth, so I am worried that it is never going to come
I am also worried about planning. We have our taxes apt Thrusday morn. My luck I will be in labor then. If that happens we will probably have to file for an extension. something I never thought of would happen when I knew I would be due in March. Of course it would have been much different if my dh wasn't gone for when we were susposed to have our taxes done. So part of me wants to at least hold off until then, and part of me is hoping that because of this apt I go soon. I know it doesn't make sense.
Oh, and while no one in public is bothering me, and family has stayed away from the phone, my dds are constantly asking me when the baby is coming. They will come to my belly and say, come out baby. Or tell me that the baby is coming today. Or tomorrow. I actually feel pressure to have the baby for them
#62 of 102 Old 03-20-2007, 10:52 AM

It sounds like you and I are in the same place Valerie. When I tell people that I am due with #5 they are very surprised and everyone tells me I look great or am small which is actually nice to hear

I never took a pregnancy test but we were trying and charting so we are sure of our dates.

It's my kids that seem to be applying the most pressure - the younger two keep asking when the baby is coming and when the older two got home from school yesterday they actually said "you didn't have the baby today?" They really should know better

I expected to go late again this time but it still bums me out to hear that other Mamas due at the same time or later are holding their babes

I tell people that I think there are three stages: Ready, Done and Miserable.
I still consider myself ready, by the weekend I will be done and I am hoping I never make it to miserable.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#63 of 102 Old 03-20-2007, 12:42 PM

I would say that I am just past ready and close to being done. Hopefully we both escape miserable
#64 of 102 Old 03-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Banned

Well, sitting here at 40w5d I can honestly say I am miserable. I can't do anything without hurting and I have this horrible diarrhea that will not go away. I'm tired and I'm just done done done!
#65 of 102 Old 03-21-2007, 10:25 AM

Emotionally I am ok today at 40+1 but physically I'm having a hard time with shortness of breath. Making it more annoying is that baby is really low and causing rectal pressure but obviously still high enough to squish my lungs!

I also have to admit that as each day passes I know this baby gets bigger and that does give me some cause for concern. My boys were both early and easy to push out at 6/8 and 5/12, my girls came out quickly but MUCH more painful at 8/8 w/nuchal hand and 9/8. I am expecting this little one to be around 9 pounds with a good size head.

Keri

#66 of 102 Old 03-21-2007, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 42 weeks today, and I'm done
Not physically miserable at all - but past ready. Annoyed, sick of strangers, sick of being asked when I'll be induced, sick of comments about how I look like I'm going to pop....SICK SICK SICK

Okay, nice to get that out. I want to see my baby now!
#67 of 102 Old 03-21-2007, 04:39 PM

I had a MW appointment today and I lost 2 pounds which makes me hopeful that this is the week : My Mom gets into town tonight so maybe the baby is just waiting for her

Keri

#68 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 12:40 AM

I actually lost 4 lbs at my midwife apt. But still nothing. Past done now, mostly because I am feeling stress to have this baby so my dh will be here. But everytime I tell my dds to tell the baby to come out they say things like, come out when you are ready baby!!! a sign for me to be patient???? I have to have faith that things will be the way they are susposed to be, but it got hard in about 24 hours.
#69 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 11:16 AM

Wow, I haven't been keeping track of my weight so I have no idea. It is interesting that you guys are losing though.
41w5d here. I never ever thought this would happen to me, what a joke!

My DH especially has been very patient with me and my mom has tried to be understanding about all of this natural homebirth stuff, but they are starting to ask questions about where do I draw the line and do something else? DH wants to know how far over 42 weeks am I willing to go? And I'm not sure.

Going to see my mw today for what is essentially my 42w appt. and when I talked to her yesterday, she reminded me that she went 22 days over with her youngest. That will put me on into April if I go that far and I can't even imagine that. A whole different month! Over 3 weeks past when I thought I'd have a baby....

Although I'm not sure what I would do if I decided I was done with this and ready to take action. I really don't want to do castor oil, besides that my mw doesn't encourage it anyway. So far all she's recommended to get the baby out is love and patience.
#70 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 AM

I was up again with labor last night - real contractions that got intense and closer together and then started spreading out after a few hours.

The good news is that I had lots of bloody show and continue to have it this morning so at least I feel like last nights labor did something.

I am still feeling labor-y this morning and my hips are sore from having contractions most of the night though I'm not having anything regular right now.

Unfortunately, my Mom lost consciousness and was unresponsive for over 4 minutes while waiting for her flight to come here yesterday and had to be transported to a hospital. She has to get a thorough work up today to get a release to fly before they will let her on a plane so I'm not sure if she'll make it for the birth or not.

I don't need my Mom to be here so hopefully that won't hold me up.

Keri

#71 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 11:31 AM

Oh Keri s I hope she is doing alright.
I have been woken up to contractions during the night and since waking up at 5 to a nightmare been having little ones. I have mostly just been laying here resting though, okay, trying to get back to sleep, not working. But this is the most contractions I have had this whole pregnancy. Even if they go on for a few days like last labors at least I can see the end in sight now. This is also the most pregnant that i have ever been. But I wondered if my baby would be born on a Thrusday, both of my girls were thrusday babies. That would be weird, but then it may totally be a subconcious thing. I am sending some labor vibes to all and hope we can all be holding our babies soon
#72 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Keri - hope your mom is okay!

I also got a lot of ctx last night about 7-ish - but then I couldn't get my MW on the phone, so I mentally shut them down . She called back a few minutes later though. She has another client who was due yesterday w/ her 3rd, so I'm worried we'll both be in labor at the same time.

But I do think tonight or tomorrow will be it. I got good sleep last night, but had serious ctx when I got up (w/ robin and to pee). This morning I'm taking it very easy and trying to hold out. SIL is one of my support people, and she's working today, and DH is coming home today instead of tomorrow so we can DTD. I predict I'll be in active labor later today or tomorrow.

Pinksmom - I'm at 42 weeks 1 day right now and not worried. I had an NST tuesday and baby looked great - and is terribly active. But I did have an acupunture treatment yesterday and would recommend it. it's supposed to work w/in 48 hours...
#73 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 01:28 PM

Mind if I lurk here for a bit? I'm at 39 weeks, but there is NOTHIN' happening down there. My u/s EDD is April 6th and my midwife wouldn't be surprised if it were later. I'm so ready to be done...

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#74 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 05:24 PM

yesterday was my due date, hello all.
I was having more stuff going on before wed - then yesterday - very little...
oh well.
Keri - congrats on the bloody show and I am so sorry to hear about your mother - thats just awful. you sound very strong though and it sounds like you are real close.
#75 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

Tomorrow is 41 weeks for me. No surprise I haven't had the baby yet. My DS was 6 days past EDD and my DD was 8 days past. I was hoping my pattern was going to be less days past, but evidentially not. My nephew's bday party is Saturday and I just know that's when I'm going to go into labor. OR - get this- my SIL was due with my nephew on the same day I was due (the 16th, two years ago). She had him on the 28th, so we joke that this baby will come on the 28th too. LOL.
#76 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 PM

I'll be joining you all on Tuesday!
#77 of 102 Old 03-22-2007, 10:34 PM

well....count me in....40 weeks yesterday! i figured i'd end up here. thinking i'll be around until apr 1st....we shall see!
#78 of 102 Old 03-23-2007, 02:03 PM

today i am 40 weeks so count me in as well. i keep having "putsy" contractions, have been for over a week. ughh! ds was a week late but he was OP so I thought maybe this baby would be on time or early since it seems she's in a good position.
i'm so sick of people calling to check in on me. I'm seriously considering putting a message on the machine that says, "Yes, we did have the baby...two weeks ago...must have forgotten to call you!" It's like, come on, why wouldn't I call right away if we had the baby? And why does anyone assume I'd have her by now if I was late with ds?
It's really draining to have this on/off labor. I'm trying so hard each time not to get my hopes up and to just keep my mind off of it in general, but that's really hard as well. My OB is talking induction at 41 wks (which I won't allow him to do) depending on how my VE goes on Monday if I haven't gone into true labor by then. I really don't want to be induced, as I want to do this all-natural and am having a VBAC. I get great contractions when I nurse ds, but they always pitter out. And sex is the last thing on my mind. It's just soooo uncomfortable. But my chiro said I can always come in for another adjustment and some acupuncture b/f going with the Pitocin; I will be trying everything.
#79 of 102 Old 03-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennifer View Post
today i am 40 weeks so count me in as well. i keep having "putsy" contractions, have been for over a week. ughh! ds was a week late but he was OP so I thought maybe this baby would be on time or early since it seems she's in a good position.
i'm so sick of people calling to check in on me. I'm seriously considering putting a message on the machine that says, "Yes, we did have the baby...two weeks ago...must have forgotten to call you!" It's like, come on, why wouldn't I call right away if we had the baby? And why does anyone assume I'd have her by now if I was late with ds?
It's really draining to have this on/off labor.
I can sooo relate to this. Everyone is calling asking "Did you pop yet?" When people ask if I've had the baby I started replying "yeah, last night" or "Yeah a few hours ago" or whatever and go on with a long story and then tell them after a bit that I haven't really had the baby, but did they expect that I wouldn't let them know?? Come on! And I've went past my EDD with both other kids, so why in the world would you expect anything else? DOH!
#80 of 102 Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 AM

I haven't officially joined the March club because I just stumbled across Mothering.com recently. I've been lurking around this board and enjoy reading about all the ladies that have popped so far. Even more, though, I feel for everyone who's playing the waiting game right now. I hope no one minds me jumping in on this thread.

I'm 40w2d today and I know to expect the possibility of having to wait quite a while longer, but it's getting tough. This is my first pregnancy and my mom has flown out to be with me during labor. It's stressful to think she might have come and gone with no baby--especially since I'm planning a home birth and she's part of my team.

I'm also feeling frustrated with the daily phone calls to "check in." I know my friends and family love me and just want to see how I'm doing, but jeeze, I would love to have my mind on ANYTHING besides labor right now. I feel like I'm letting them down every time I say, "No. Nothing's happening yet."

Then I worry about what their reaction will be as each day passes--the comments yet to come about induction, safety, my freakishly large belly...blah, blah, blah.

I know I'm worrying about a lot of stuff that is out of my control, and that I should just focus on the moment I'm in, but it does feel nice to rant to people who understand.
#81 of 102 Old 03-28-2007, 09:27 PM

My official due date came and went earlier this week but I'm not in need of some support unless tomorrow night comes and goes with no baby (it's a special day for us, so I was kind of hoping to have one tomorrow night...).

I honestly wasn't even thinking of the possibility of going over- last one was the day before the "due date." I REALLY don't want a Pesach (Passover) baby.

You'll be hearing me complain if I'm still around tomorrow!

Loads of blessings, and learning on the job.
run.gif 

#82 of 102 Old 03-28-2007, 10:50 PM

No one has ever birthed a toddler. No one has ever birthed a toddler. (repeat mantra ad nauseum)

I'm 40w3d today. Like everyone else, was sort of hoping to actually have a babe in arms by now. However, tomorrow is my 32nd birthday, and I'm feeling... well, greedy. I don't particular want to share a birthday with my child. Is that selfish? Mostly I just know how difficult it is to make a special day special when multiple people in the household share said day. (My DH and my families sort of suck at looking nine months into the future, apparently.)

So tomorrow I'm superglue'ing my legs shut.

However, this is also the part where I admit that I have said from the get go that I would go into labor on Apr 1 and have her the morning of Apr 2. It's even a sticky note in my file with the midwives. Talk about your positive confessions coming back to bite you in the butt, eh?

Anyhow, I've started the regime of walking, eating pineapple, drinking RRL by the gallons (was just doing the three cups a day previously), and roping DH in for a little action. If the wee one is still firmly entrenched next week, I'll probably get another prenatal massage and let her actually touch my feet and ankles.

Thanks for letting me vent, rant, whine. I know she's going to come out eventually... because no one has ever birthed a toddler...

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#83 of 102 Old 03-30-2007, 12:54 PM

I'm still here

No signs of labor yet, as far as I can tell. I'm not jumping out of my skin (yet), but now any day the baby chooses to be born is going to be a logistical mess, despite my homebirth. No, we don't get to choose dates based on convenience, but knowing about all of the issues with most of the upcoming dates stresses me out. Doesn't help that the midwife thinks I'm likely to go on for another 2 weeks!

Honestly, I was hoping it would be all settled before the holiday.

run.gif 

#84 of 102 Old 03-30-2007, 01:06 PM

Still here myself, and not a single sign of anything labor related. DH keeps reframing for me... "You've made such a good home, blah blah blah". Meh. I'm ready to hold my kid already!

And yes, it's getting to the point where logistics are going to play a part. My parents are coming out on Apr 8. We really wanted at least a week of just us babymooning, so if she doesn't make an appearance until late next week, we're going to offer to pay to change their tickets.

Come out baby!! It's practically palatial out here compared to inside!!

#85 of 102 Old 03-30-2007, 04:30 PM

I'm not overdue until 42 weeks. But I didn't WANT an on-time baby. I wanted an on-MY-time baby! (rational self behind cranky self points out how ridiculous I'm being...)

run.gif 

#86 of 102 Old 03-30-2007, 05:10 PM

Ok, I'm officially 40 weeks now, ugh. Last night I had a few serious contractions, I could barely sleep, some menstrual type cramps but no baby. But lots of kicking against my cervix. Monday is full moon, so babies are more likely then. :
Oh and when i tried to get up I felt really sick. But then again, nothing happened.

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#87 of 102 Old 03-30-2007, 10:40 PM

I'm 40 weeks today too with no sign of anything happening. If someone came in and said, "Whoops, you're only 38 weeks along now," I'd believe it!

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#88 of 102 Old 04-01-2007, 02:17 PM

Almost 41 weeks and no news...
I am grumpy and cranky and feel stupid blaming the baby.

run.gif 

#89 of 102 Old 04-01-2007, 04:02 PM

41w today. We've started out yesterday telling her about all the wonderful things out here just waiting for her, including milkies, cloth diapers, her Daddy's lovely tie-dye sling, and enough clothes to officially make her a fashionista. When that didn't work, I started debating whether we should tell her that we'll get her a car on her 16th birthday ~if~ she made an appearance in March.

Apparently she didn't believe us.

Full moon tomorrow at 1:15pm EDT. Here's hoping that the moon sends us all lots (and lots) of happy labor vibes!

#90 of 102 Old 04-01-2007, 04:35 PM

My dd was born on a full moon eclipse 2.5 years ago, so let's all : for some birthing vibes, and real good ones too :-)
May all of our births be EASY and AMAZING!!!!

Oh, I added a pic of my dd below my siggy : I always tell her she's got "big blue blinkies" and that picture sure shows it :

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page