40 + Weekers Support Thread! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only 2 days past my due date and everyone keeps asking me when I'm going to be induced-- even people who know I'm having a home birth! It's making me feel like I'm a bad person for letting the baby come in its own time. It's also making want to hide in my house, so I don't feel judged.

A couple more weeks of this, and I am going to be seriously cranky.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 02:27 AM

Quote:
When that didn't work, I started debating whether we should tell her that we'll get her a car on her 16th birthday ~if~ she made an appearance in March.
Us too!!

Yeah, I'm 41 weeks - still waiting....and waiting. As posted in another thread: I wouldn't mind the wait except that my mom leaves wednesday and was supposed to be here a week to help postpartum...now I'm wondering if she'll even get to SEE the baby!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:32 AM

Waiting... waiting... I'm starting to feel like the watched pot that hasn't boiled yet.

So far we've done the NST, and she's totally happy and fine in there. Actually still has room to run away from the doppler, so clearly she's in good health. Not doing the ultrasound until Friday. I basically have until Sunday night to go into labor and still be able to birth at the birth center, so feeling a little bit of time pressure at this point. If it comes down to that, we'll probably do some more "drastic" things, like castor oil. But I'm really hoping to avoid that.

It's the emotional exhaustion of waiting that's getting to me, not the physical stuff. Trying to frame this as having made a good home for the kid, but honestly, I'm ready to meet her already!

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
Old 04-04-2007, 01:49 PM

My dd is really worried that the baby will be born on Easter and interfere with her egg hunt.

I've decided that the baby is a boy because he doesn't know how to get out, and he won't stop to ask directions.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:15 PM

I just had my baby on Monday! She was 40w3d, so not much overdue. However I wanted to share with you what I did the day before she was born. I went on a longer hike in the woods (after not being able to work out for most os my pregnancy, getting contractions all the time). I felt so good and right. I went to the top of a hill, sat on a bench and decided I was going to be fearless about this birthing, decided that I was done with all my preparations and just rested my mind. When I was done with my little process and my self-blessing I hiked back down, and I walked as if I wasn't even pregnant, it was amazing, I felt refreshed and new. That night my water broke and in less than 12 hours my baby girl came to be here.

Good luck to all you mamas in this 40+ week thread. Hang in there and let go, whatever it may mean to you. hugs to you all.

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
Old 04-05-2007, 03:06 PM

41w4d today. Another NST today, and an acupuncture appointment after. Tomorrow is a biophysical profile, which hopefully won't be needed. With any luck, this child of mine is just waiting until it's my Grandma's birthday (tomorrow) to make an appearance.

Quick question about contractions/cramping... People keep asking me if I'm having any. I don't really feel like I'm having contractions in the sense that it's an ache I feel in an interval. What I do feel off and on throughout the day is what I would define as menstrual cramps, which is a dull ache that lasts for an extended period of time (30-45 minutes). Is that still my body doing work? Or is that just my body being tired of carrying a baby around for 9+ months?

Old 04-05-2007, 06:04 PM

I wish I knew what contrax felt like... I have this sensation in my groin area and comes on and off, but it doesn't hurt- it just irritates me. I feel my stomach/abdomen tightening up and the baby moving, but I can't tell if it's tightening because it's a contraction or if it's tightening because tha baby is pushing around in there. Plus, I keep getting this shooting pain in my left leg- right below my groin that comes and goes. I can't tell what the heck's going on. This will be so much easier next time around... I'm 40W6D today.

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 04-05-2007, 06:33 PM

Okay...I'm a gonna join this club. I didn't want to have the baby until its acutal due date because I wanted to be sure we weren't going to have a passover bris in the event it was a boy. Well, that danger has passed now. I'm only 40w1d, but feeling quite impatient. I had a TON of regular contractions on Tuesday and thought that it might be time, but no such luck. I can't decide if I want to go in for a stretch and sweep today or not. I think I don't. I'm really just wanting to be patient and let the baby come when it wants to come. Blarg. I hate being patient.

I hope all our babies arrive soon!

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaylee View Post
Quick question about contractions/cramping... People keep asking me if I'm having any. I don't really feel like I'm having contractions in the sense that it's an ache I feel in an interval. What I do feel off and on throughout the day is what I would define as menstrual cramps, which is a dull ache that lasts for an extended period of time (30-45 minutes). Is that still my body doing work? Or is that just my body being tired of carrying a baby around for 9+ months?
My contractions always feel like menstrual cramps but they come about 10 minutes apart. While I'm having them (nightly) I feel a lot of constant pelvic pressure and lower back ache. I don't know if that answers your question.

I would say your body is working!

I just found out that I'm 100% effaced and 2 cm dilated! Yay! My mw thinks I'll have this baby by Saturday at the latest. I really hope she's right!

Old 04-05-2007, 08:42 PM

I'm now at 3cm, after a sweep and strip. Acupuncture later this evening. Can you tell we're ready to be done? The wee one has gone from -3 to -1 station, so maybe, just maybe, she's ready to be done too.

Thanks, lunabelly, for the info. That may be what I've been feeling, but just couldn't seem to accurately describe.

Here's hoping it's a productive few days for both of us!

Old 04-08-2007, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabelly View Post
I just found out that I'm 100% effaced and 2 cm dilated! Yay! My mw thinks I'll have this baby by Saturday at the latest. I really hope she's right!
My MW was wrong. Bah! I'm 41 weeks today, and my mom is down here for the week now. She only has one week off, so if I don't have the baby soon, no Mom.

I also just found out that if I don't have the baby by the 13th, I'll have to be induced. No home birth. My MW said there's no way this will happen, and I should just put it out of my head, but I can't. I just didn't think it was a possibility. I really should have asked more questions going into this. I was just so SURE I would be early!

I'm considering castor oil.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:26 AM

I was sure I would at least be on time. ~smile~

Contractions off and on all day, mostly on. At last count, they're coming about every 10 minutes, lasting about 2. This has been going on for well over 20 hours now. So different than every other woman in my family who went early and within 12 hours.

Here I am, 42w tomorrow, and it's looking like a two day labor. I know I always want to differentiate myself but... yeesh!

User Tag List