feeling crappy all the sudden, advice? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a 38 weeks as of yesterday. so monday went to mw and because of questions about my cervix from a '95 cryosurgery had an internal exam. i know, i know but i think it was important since many women after that surgery have scar tissue and a hard time dillating and I can't reach my cervix myself (short fingers. long... sorry too much info
Anyway, showed 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. didn't mean alot to me but my sis wrote me back and said it took her hours of hard labor to get that far!?
So starting yesterday I have begun feeling "fluey" - headache, stomache (hungry but nauseaus at same time with a sour stomache feeling) ache, general aches and pains - no fever, coughing, sneezing or phlegm. I am also extremely emotional, more than I already was.
no bloody show or anything. what do you guys think? is this part of getting ready for labor (I wasn't planning on having to deal with labor and this crappy headache, body aches...)?? thoughts?
#2 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 09:43 PM

I dunno! It's so hard because every woman is different! My sister-in-law has been at 2 cms for weeks on end now. They even had her on bedrest saying she was never going to make it to her due date (march 24)....she's been up and about for a while now and big fat nothing!!! On the other hand I've heard of women who are tight as a drum at their appt and then go into labor later that night. Some women have no signs of labor before it starts and some have pre-labor for days beforehand. So all that to say: who knows??? Sorry I'm not any help at all. I would just hate for you to get your hopes up ya know?
#3 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 09:52 PM

Flu-like symptoms definitely can be a sign of labor. Get lots of rest and eat mild foods, just in case.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#4 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

I just had not heard anyone say they got "fluey" before labor. who knows either way I guess but just wanted as many anecdotal advice or thoughts from you more experienced moms.
#5 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 11:19 PM

I personally did not have that, but I have heard many many times that "flu-like" symptoms can happen right before labor starts. Good luck!
#6 of 6 Old 03-08-2007, 11:27 PM

Well if fluey symptoms are a sign of labor, then check out the siggy that I've had on here all day.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page