Anyone with Irish Twin experince? - Mothering Forums
March 2007 > Anyone with Irish Twin experince?
Mummytwice's Avatar Mummytwice 02:38 AM 03-09-2007
I have bee having nervous moments trying wrap my brain around the fact that I will have two babies under a year old.

I was snuggling my DD as I fed her her 'bubbie' for bedtime. When she fell asleep in my arms, I lay there for a moment, watching her face, listening to her breath, and wondered- how will I manage with two?

This one is still a baby- just ten months. She isn't even walking on her own yet!

I have faith that everything will happen as it needs to, that I will learn how to care for two instead of one- I just have those little scary moments once in a while.

Just wondering what other mamas with babies close together did to deal?

habibekindheart's Avatar habibekindheart 08:01 AM 03-09-2007
I'm having the second baby of my 3rd set of irish twins. It's a bit crazy at first but since they're close in age, they tend to make great playmates after a few months.
Nicole77's Avatar Nicole77 12:02 PM 03-09-2007
I am a little terrified myself (although my son is 15 months so it isn't strictly Irish twins for me). Anytime he has one of those days where it feels like I am holding him a ton or have to rock him to sleep or he wakes up crying loudly in the night I wonder how the heck I am going to handle two at once. Will someone always be crying and waiting?
Yummymummy74's Avatar Yummymummy74 12:56 PM 03-09-2007
I have done it! each year for a week I have two kids the same age
It was a bit hard when they were babes .. mind you I was really young then.. but now they are thick as theives and they do make excellent playmates.

Don't worry you will get through it ok.
Mine are now 12 & 13
Mummytwice's Avatar Mummytwice 03:00 PM 03-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by habibekindheart View Post
I'm having the second baby of my 3rd set of irish twins. It's a bit crazy at first but since they're close in age, they tend to make great playmates after a few months.
After reading your post and looking at your siggie- I have decided that I have nothing to worry about! Wow- my hats off to you, lady!
jee'smom's Avatar jee'smom 03:09 PM 03-09-2007
nOt in your ddc, but... My mom did this 4 times in a row!!! One baby each year for 4 years. I don't know how she did it, but she did, and I love it!!! We're all great friends! Good luck!
habibekindheart's Avatar habibekindheart 05:09 PM 03-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jee'smom View Post
nOt in your ddc, but... My mom did this 4 times in a row!!! One baby each year for 4 years. I don't know how she did it, but she did, and I love it!!! We're all great friends! Good luck!
LOL at the stepping stones! Until our daughter passed away, for a few days each year we had 5 kids each one year ahead of the last. I had kids born in 93, 94, 96, 97, and 98 then we took a break til 01 (then 02 and 03). This child is due 5 days after #9's first birthday but I always go early.
Up