Anyone with Irish Twin experince? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-09-2007, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have bee having nervous moments trying wrap my brain around the fact that I will have two babies under a year old.

I was snuggling my DD as I fed her her 'bubbie' for bedtime. When she fell asleep in my arms, I lay there for a moment, watching her face, listening to her breath, and wondered- how will I manage with two?

This one is still a baby- just ten months. She isn't even walking on her own yet!

I have faith that everything will happen as it needs to, that I will learn how to care for two instead of one- I just have those little scary moments once in a while.

Just wondering what other mamas with babies close together did to deal?
#2 of 7 Old 03-09-2007, 07:01 AM

I'm having the second baby of my 3rd set of irish twins. It's a bit crazy at first but since they're close in age, they tend to make great playmates after a few months.
#3 of 7 Old 03-09-2007, 11:02 AM

I am a little terrified myself (although my son is 15 months so it isn't strictly Irish twins for me). Anytime he has one of those days where it feels like I am holding him a ton or have to rock him to sleep or he wakes up crying loudly in the night I wonder how the heck I am going to handle two at once. Will someone always be crying and waiting?

"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." -Isaac Asimov read.gif

#4 of 7 Old 03-09-2007, 11:56 AM

I have done it! each year for a week I have two kids the same age
It was a bit hard when they were babes .. mind you I was really young then.. but now they are thick as theives and they do make excellent playmates.

Don't worry you will get through it ok.
Mine are now 12 & 13
#5 of 7 Old 03-09-2007, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibekindheart View Post
I'm having the second baby of my 3rd set of irish twins. It's a bit crazy at first but since they're close in age, they tend to make great playmates after a few months.
After reading your post and looking at your siggie- I have decided that I have nothing to worry about! Wow- my hats off to you, lady!
#6 of 7 Old 03-09-2007, 02:09 PM

nOt in your ddc, but... My mom did this 4 times in a row!!! One baby each year for 4 years. I don't know how she did it, but she did, and I love it!!! We're all great friends! Good luck!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#7 of 7 Old 03-09-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee'smom View Post
nOt in your ddc, but... My mom did this 4 times in a row!!! One baby each year for 4 years. I don't know how she did it, but she did, and I love it!!! We're all great friends! Good luck!
LOL at the stepping stones! Until our daughter passed away, for a few days each year we had 5 kids each one year ahead of the last. I had kids born in 93, 94, 96, 97, and 98 then we took a break til 01 (then 02 and 03). This child is due 5 days after #9's first birthday but I always go early.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page