My biggest fear right now.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2007, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so I am having some fears that I don't know how to deal with. I am due the 28th of March by when I know I am due, the drs say that my due date is the 9th by a 20 week ultrasound, but I know that is not accurate, but that is another story.
By my fear is that I won't go into labor by my due date of the 28th, then I am on a time line to get my VBAC which I have until my drs due date of the 9th of April. If I have not had this baby by the 9th then I will have to have another section which I really don't want. I have had some contractions, mostly at night, the babies head is really low and I am starting to dialate and most of the way which is better than I got with dd's pregnancy without beign induced.
But I don't want to end up in another section and I don't know what to do to try to help make sure it doesn't occur.
We have been having more sex than my body really wants, I have been using EPO and dringk RRL tea for a bit now.
But I don't know I just have that fear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a similar fear in that I feel constricted by Big Medicine and its time table. I'm not in a VBAC situation, but it's my first and we made a big guess on the conception date, which of course we're held accountable to with a 41 week gestation limit according to that guess.

I'm opting to have my membranes stripped this week (week 40) after reading the for-and-against posts about it on this site, other sites, and talking with my doctor. I don't want to be chemically induced, that's all there is to it. I'm also going to make an acupressure appointment for next monday (I've heard it may be best to do three consecutive appointments)

I'm drinking the RRL tea, which seems to make an impact. Pineapple (because it's really good right now anyway), walking a bunch. My husband is not interested in sex. And just trying to keep busy. I think also working through this reservation I have about the time-table and lack of trust in the nurses (I like my doctor) will probably help my progression.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:23 PM

There is no reason to have a repeat section at 40 weeks. The least your dr can do is "give" you till 42 weeks. Which would give you plenty of time to have this baby vaginally if your 3/28 date is accurate. And you can always refuse a procedure no matter what.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Speaking of fear...

This baby has considerably calmed down the past few days. I have an irrational, perhaps, fear of stillborn babies. Cord issues, etc.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuxceleste View Post
Speaking of fear...

This baby has considerably calmed down the past few days. I have an irrational, perhaps, fear of stillborn babies. Cord issues, etc.
I've been having the same thing. But he IS still moving so not going to let myself worry too much....just wish he would be as active as he had been.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Oh girls that is always on my mind too but right now I have been focused on this csection fear. I didn't want one the 1st time and I really really don't want one this time.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:57 PM

Okay but wait... YOU know your due date. You're the mama!!! If you know you're due the 28th, (because I'm assuming your health care provider wasn't in the bedroom in the conception phase), then that gives you plenty of time to play with!

:::Pulling out calendar:::

Okay. Here's a thought.

The 9th of April is almost two whole weeks after your EDD, which would put you at almost 42 weeks pg if you haven't delivered your baby yet, right?

Well at THIS point, your doc only thinks you're *40* weeks.

Now.... Have you thought about just saying "no, i will NOT induce or have a csec" by either missing an appointment or procrastinating with the doc? You'll only be "40 weeks" at that point, and shouldn't get TOO much trouble from the OB office.

That said, I really think you don't have much to worry about since you and I only have 2 weeks left til our EDD. I was just saying this afternoon that it's "a month, MAX" before this kid is born. Cause the ODDS of a 43 week termer are pretty damn low, kwim?

Just my two cents. Probably didn't help much, but thought I'd give it a try.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:58 PM

BTW, I totally didn't mean to try to hijack your thread before. Was kind of a passing thought, and I apologize for the OT post.

Hugs!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:26 PM

Organicmommy - I'm right there with you!! (so I have no words of consolation . . . just wanted to let you know your not alone!)

I am due on the 27th of March, and am hoping for a VBAC as well. DD is measuring big (probably a good 8+ lbs right now). I have both a midwife and an OB/GYN (which is standard practice at the clinic I go to, just in case I need another c-section). Both are very VBAC supportive, but once we start bumping on the 40 week mark, I'm sure at least the OB/GYN will start talking c/s. So, I've been trying all the various natural inducing methods as well. (and I hear you about the sex!). We thought DD was coming this weekend after I had 10 hours of pretty decent contractions. But then they stopped. Darn!!

Oh well . . . There is always something to worry about, I guess!

So, here's to good thoughts for both of us on successful VBAC's!!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

The OT post was fine hon, Im just frustrated.
The doc wanted me to have a section at 39 weeks and so with as much arguing as I have done with him to prove to him he is wrong on dates, and that ultrasounds SUCK for dating at that time, he has said that since by MY dates I will be 42 weeks taht is all the longer he wants to let me go. Not to mention I don't want to grow this babe so huge I can't birth her as dd was 9lbs 1oz and she never got her head molded at all with labor after 18 hours it has me a bit worried.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmommy View Post
The OT post was fine hon, Im just frustrated.
The doc wanted me to have a section at 39 weeks and so with as much arguing as I have done with him to prove to him he is wrong on dates, and that ultrasounds SUCK for dating at that time, he has said that since by MY dates I will be 42 weeks taht is all the longer he wants to let me go. Not to mention I don't want to grow this babe so huge I can't birth her as dd was 9lbs 1oz and she never got her head molded at all with labor after 18 hours it has me a bit worried.
I'll keep my eye on this thread.

User Tag List