42 weekers plus post here please - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 03-17-2007, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey!

I just want to start a thread to support the unique challenges we face as women who cook overtime.
I know we have the other 40 week thread floating around but its getting long.. and 40 weeks is NOT 42 weeks.

I am having a very sad day myself.. I have spent most of it in tears everyone around me who was due or not even overdue has had their babies..
It's hard to keep my spirits up!

What are you doing to hold it together?
#2 of 23 Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM

Hang in there mama. I saw your post in the new posts. I'm not a 42 weeker now, but my dd was born 15, almost 16, days after her due date.
#3 of 23 Old 03-17-2007, 10:51 PM

Well, I was at 42 weeks exactly two years ago today - so I feel your pain!

I remember being soo anxious to go into labor and finding it really odd that I was WANTING to be in pain -

I ate a huge hot fudge sundae for dinner!

I did have an induction the next day, so I'm not sure how many days I would have gone, maybe only 15, but maybe more.

Anyway, we are having a birthday party tomorrow afternoon and I'll think of you and hope your little one has arrived!

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)
#4 of 23 Old 03-19-2007, 01:56 PM

I was a 42 weeker just 2 days go lol. Ds was born 16 days past edd. I was self medicating with choco chip cookie dough ice cream. I had to do something to make myself feel better. BTW - that was my 7th post dates pg lol. I also treated myself to doing nothing but watch tv, play on the computer and have fun. The last few days pg are bitter sweet. There is no suprise left - you KNOW you are having your baby really soon but you wish they were here already. Enjoy every kick (doing kick counts on a piece of paper and save it in their baby box is so sweet. you remember those kicks trust me). Take pics of your belly, your swollen feet. When its over, its over so quick.

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#5 of 23 Old 03-19-2007, 02:33 PM

I'm thinking of self-soothing with some thai take-out! I am 15 over today. I would be downing a hot fudge sundae myself if I didn't have to watch my sugar intake.

Good luck to you.
#6 of 23 Old 03-19-2007, 10:46 PM

I'm 42 weeks on wednesday - and don't really expect to deliver tomorrow, so I'll probably make it to 42 weeks. It's only now getting old... But DD was born at 42 weeks, I was born at 42 weeks. I take it as normal for me.

I told DH I'm a human crock pot - we take a while to cook 'em, but they come out tender and juicy!! (he said I needed to be like a pressure cooker and lock down the lid )
#7 of 23 Old 03-22-2007, 10:48 PM

Am I the only one left? I'm 42 w 1 d as of now. Think I'll be in active labor by tomorrow, though...
#8 of 23 Old 03-22-2007, 11:19 PM

If I don't go tomorrow, I'll be 42weeks.
I don't feel anything coming yet, but a few people have told me that they have had dreams/intuition telling them that I was going into labor and/or having the baby by tomorrow. And way back months ago I had a dream that the baby would come on a day that ended in -3, and tomorrow is the 23rd and the last 3 of the month, so maybe I'll get a nice surprise!
#9 of 23 Old 03-24-2007, 03:22 PM

I'm 42 weeks today and just feeling depressed. I feel like everyone in the world has their baby and all I have is a huge belly. Dumb but I just feel so down. DW and I are going out to do errands and try to keep ourselves sane. Lots of strong, regular, yet not pain contractions yesterday until about midnight then nothing.
#10 of 23 Old 03-24-2007, 04:39 PM

Me too. I want a baby! I was coming here to bump this thread because it seems like suddenly all the babies are coming, but I'm still waiting.
#11 of 23 Old 03-24-2007, 11:52 PM

And here I am, completely jealous of you all. My DH is in the ICU with pneumonia that's not getting better, a due date of Friday 3/30, no names chosen, and praying, praying, praying that I will be joining you two weeks past my EDD in the hopes that DH will be there!
#12 of 23 Old 03-25-2007, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunadoula View Post
I'm 42 weeks today and just feeling depressed. I feel like everyone in the world has their baby and all I have is a huge belly. Dumb but I just feel so down. DW and I are going out to do errands and try to keep ourselves sane. Lots of strong, regular, yet not pain contractions yesterday until about midnight then nothing.
It's all my fault. I take all the blame.

Back in 2004 when Beth was my doula she said "oh, you're due Sept 2, no problem! You'll have a baby well before my wedding." First I pulled her out of her bachelorette party because I finally went into labor, and then she had to leave halfway through my labor to go to her wedding rehearsal. My kid was born the day before her wedding. Less than 24 hours, I believe.

Now it's 2007, and I, without EVEN thinking of the repercussions, say to Beth, "Oh, you'll have a baby for sure before we go to Europe!".

And we leave for Europe on Monday at 9 AM.

Beth, I am SO, so sorry. This is all my doing. : xoxo jen

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#13 of 23 Old 03-25-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
It's all my fault. I take all the blame.

Back in 2004 when Beth was my doula she said "oh, you're due Sept 2, no problem! You'll have a baby well before my wedding." First I pulled her out of her bachelorette party because I finally went into labor, and then she had to leave halfway through my labor to go to her wedding rehearsal. My kid was born the day before her wedding. Less than 24 hours, I believe.

Now it's 2007, and I, without EVEN thinking of the repercussions, say to Beth, "Oh, you'll have a baby for sure before we go to Europe!".

And we leave for Europe on Monday at 9 AM.

Beth, I am SO, so sorry. This is all my doing. : xoxo jen
Oh Jen, thank you for taking the fall! I just can't f-ing believe we have both been in this situation before. Seriously though, I know if you could get through this I can too. I'll call you today but otherwise you can send me labor vibes tomorrow because if I'm not in labor tomorrow by 9am I'll be drinking castor oil....not fun.
#14 of 23 Old 03-26-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4peppers View Post
And here I am, completely jealous of you all. My DH is in the ICU with pneumonia that's not getting better, a due date of Friday 3/30, no names chosen, and praying, praying, praying that I will be joining you two weeks past my EDD in the hopes that DH will be there!
Hope your DH recovers quickly! Pneumonia knocks you off your feet, and his case sounds serious. How's he doing?
#15 of 23 Old 03-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Banned

Anyone still left here? I'm supposably 42 weeks today.

I'm really hoping when my labor starts, it's fast. My body has had lots of time to prepare and in my hopes, the baby will just "fall out". One can hope, right?
#16 of 23 Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

I am not anymore.. I went over 42 weeks but my labour was fast.
My baby is a week old now.

Goodluck its not easy.
#17 of 23 Old 04-06-2007, 04:38 PM

Are there any left that are still out this far? I'm 41w5d today and am feeling mentally and emotionally exhausted just wanting to hold my baby in my arms. Legally I can't birth at the birth center past 42w, so we will need to make a decision as to what we are comfortable with if I'm not in labor by Sunday. (Just more added stress at this point.)

I definitely wasn't prepared for this. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) in my family goes at least one week early. People are changing flights and visits because we all just ~knew~ she would be here by now.

I started acupuncture yesterday, and had my midwife do a sweep and strip. Saturday brings the joy of castor oil and more acupuncture.

Do we even have March mamas left to go?

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#18 of 23 Old 04-06-2007, 05:26 PM

I WAS a March mama, but it looks like I'm quite firmly into April by now! I'm 41+something, but the midwife thinks I'm going to go past 42. Thankfully she doesn't have time limits.

Loads of blessings, and learning on the job.
run.gif 

#19 of 23 Old 04-07-2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaylee View Post
Are there any left that are still out this far? I'm 41w5d today and am feeling mentally and emotionally exhausted just wanting to hold my baby in my arms. Legally I can't birth at the birth center past 42w, so we will need to make a decision as to what we are comfortable with if I'm not in labor by Sunday. (Just more added stress at this point.)

I definitely wasn't prepared for this. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) in my family goes at least one week early. People are changing flights and visits because we all just ~knew~ she would be here by now.

I started acupuncture yesterday, and had my midwife do a sweep and strip. Saturday brings the joy of castor oil and more acupuncture.

Do we even have March mamas left to go?

I'm thinking of you mama! I really hope you get the birth you want.
#20 of 23 Old 04-12-2007, 01:20 PM

I'll be 42 weeks tomorrow. Everyone is pushing me to induce as if it's crazy and unheard of that I would just wait until the baby's ready. I feel like I'm starting to doubt myself.

I'm getting to where I don't want to see anyone anymore because I don't want to talk about how I'm still pregnant and get harassed about it. Neither do I want to hear stores about how they baby will be too big and all that. It's frustrating.

I'm basically laying around eating junk food, not answering my phone and trying to avoid everyone who knows me. Is that awful? I don't want to talk to ANYONE I know until I have a baby.

Blah.

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#21 of 23 Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 PM

yeah! i found the right thread. i have been posting in the 40 + week thread and feeling quite alone there. i am about 43 weeks or so. i have stopped counting, finally. i am sick of expecting labor any day or night and i have decided to just ignore it until it actually happens. i have to admit this is not easy at all! my homebirth midwife also has to think about the implication to her licence going past the standard allowed dates. but all i had to do was sign a waiver stating i know my options and i still sbose to have a homebirth. my due date was in teh middle of march - and now it is well into april! what a trip!
#22 of 23 Old 04-14-2007, 06:40 PM

ANybody left? I'm begining to wonder if this baby is ever gonna come out..

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
#23 of 23 Old 04-17-2007, 11:50 PM

Seriously... Am I the only one left??? Dang! This bites!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page