Spotting - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-23-2007, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
jkg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll be 6 weeks postpartum on WEdnesday. My lochia stopped last week, and the red bleeding stopped about 2 1/2 weeks ago. On Saturday I started having some light pink spotting, and yesterday a little more. I do not need to wear a pad, it's very slight. I thought this may be happening because I have increased my activity--the weather has been so nice I've been outside with the kids a lot. I am still on restricted activity (I had an emergency c-section) and my incision is still very painful at night. So what do you guys think--is this probably due to more activity? I don't think I could be starting a period yet because I went 15 months after DS1 without any. Cas does not nurse as much during the night, however, and I know that ovulation is mostly suppressed during the nighttime/early morning hours. Is it possible that I could menstruate so early even though it took over a year after my first pregnancy? My other worry is ovarian cysts as I am prone to these, but I don't really understand how they could have formed yet since I have (probably) not ovulated. Any ideas?
#2 of 6 Old 04-23-2007, 12:36 PM

I'm 5 weeks pp and still spotting. My mw said that it could take up to 8 weeks to completely go away when you are breastfeeding and that it is just the uterus going back to normal. Sometimes I go a couple days without any spotting and then a couple days with spotting, I think it is all still normal.
#3 of 6 Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
jkg

OK...today it's bright red and I do need a pad, but it's still not very heavy. I'm hoping it's just a hormonal change and nothing scary...
#4 of 6 Old 04-24-2007, 02:35 PM

This most certainly sounds activity-related -- just your body's way of reminding you to slow down a little!

Living simply with the loves of my life! :::
#5 of 6 Old 04-24-2007, 04:16 PM

Technically, any bleeding before 8 weeks pp (56 days) is lochia, even if you've had a "break" of no bleeding. Doubtful it is menstrual. I agree that it could be activity related.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#6 of 6 Old 04-24-2007, 04:23 PM

I am here with you
My bleeding had pretty much stopped. Then a couple days later turned really dark spotting. Now for two days I have had red. My activity hasn't increased, if anything, it has decreased now that I don'thave to run around and do everything. I am much more relaxed also. But I do feel like I am battling a cold, or it may be allergies. My dh is freaking out that I am starting my period. I keep telling him that you can't start your period at 4 weeks and that it is just a continueing of the bleeding. It happened to me last time too. Or at least it seems like I remember it happening last time

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page