Back again - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-28-2007, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My internet was down for over two weeks and I feel I missed so much of what was going on with you guys here!!
Romea is almost a month old now, and I still can't believe that it worked out so well with her VBAC homebirth. She is 10lbs now and healthy.
We have some issues with dd1 though, she cries and completely falls apart everytime the baby fusses a bit. If Romea cries, dd1 loses it completely. First I thought it was empathy, then fear of the baby, but now I just have no clue why she is crying. We've tried everything and the only thing that seems to help her is retreat into her room and cry there. I feel so bad though, since the baby is glued to me and my boob and I can't comfort her when the baby cries, as she would cry harder if I lay her down. It's tricky.
DD1 is highly sensitive, very smart and sweet, she is afriad of loud noises, so fussing and crying really affects her.

My mom is here now until next weekend and I fear her departure. She is so helpful with the household, folding laundy, playing with dd1, holding the baby, etc. Dh is working a lot, but spends most evenings here. Being selfemployed and getting a lot of projects is great, but it's also hard on him and us, as he is gone a lot. He was gone all week last week and it drove me nearly crazy.

I'm still writing my birth story and will post is in the next few days...

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-29-2007, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey there you are nani

poor dd1! I hope she adjusts soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page