Brag Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-07-2007, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's your chance to be a proud mama and brag a little. What cute or adorable things are your babes doing? Any really special or wonderful moments recently? Anything you're really proud of in your parenting? Come on, let's share! This DDC is slowing down so much...

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#2 of 8 Old 05-07-2007, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Okay my turn!

The twins are almost 12 weeks now and Rachel is making the most adorable cooing noises and grinning and waving her hands around whenever I so much as catch her eye. She's trying to start little conversations with me, and it's so cute! I think she's gonna be a people person.

And maybe I shouldn't brag about this, but I found out accidentally that Jamie can roll over. I had him swaddled last night and he fell asleep and I laid him down in the sidecar and went to brush my teeth and all of a sudden I heard these grunting noises like somebody struggling and I found him flat on his belly with his arms still all wrapped up so he couldn't lift his head up, and he was flopping around like a fish trying to get himself rightside-up again. I felt horrible for him, and picked him up right away, but it's still pretty neat to know he's strong enough to flip himself over like that.

So tell us about your babes!

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#3 of 8 Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 AM

Lilia turned 6 weeks last Friday and rolled from her belly to her back on Sunday!!!
She is absolutely adorable and much more even tempered than her sisters.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
#4 of 8 Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 PM

oh, I love bragging
Romea is 5 weeks today and she has THE MOST INTENSE EYES EVER. She connected with me deeply today and then smiled at me with her first BIG SMILE. She's smiled a bunch before, but this was the first time directly at me and she kept looking in my eyes. I swear this girl's got some magic.
And she swatted at her animals on her playmat today, hitting and cooing for a while, it was just really cute.

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#5 of 8 Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 PM

I never have been very active in our DDC, but I'm still here. My big Robby just turned 6 weeks and rolled from front to back last night. He'll crack a huge smile when you tell him he has pretty eyes and he's got dimples in his chubby cheeks.
#6 of 8 Old 05-12-2007, 03:47 AM

sagan is nearly eight weeks old and soo easy going.

he is such a happy little guy. he loves to squeal and smile. and sometimes we have squealing concerts.....
#7 of 8 Old 05-15-2007, 10:53 PM

Seamus is 5 weeks old. The other day I was reading him The Very Quiet Cricket, and when I looked down, he had a big ol' smile on his face-- the first real one, I think.

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
#8 of 8 Old 05-17-2007, 02:13 AM

Oh, my little Ivy is so much fun! She was 11 weeks on Monday, and she's very easy going. As long as she's being held she's happy! (My son and foster DD were very high-needs babies, so I really do deserve a calm one this time around...) She smiles and coos all the time, and she's starting to blow raspberries and blow spit bubbles- it's too cute! She's already started to get a little bald spot on the back of her head from all her action. She's learned to eat her fists, and I can hear her sucking and smacking on them sometimes when she's riding in the car. She generally hates her carseat, but she'll fall asleep after a few fit-full minutes - unlike her brother who would scream the entire car ride. Ivy sleeps really well at night, usually eating at 1am and 4am, but she mostly just catnaps during the daytime so it's kinda hard to get stuff done 'cause she likes being held. Thank GOODNESS for slings!

I'm kind of getting irked by people's comments on her size, though. She was only 6lbs 1oz at birth and she's probably only about 11 or 12 pounds right now. She nurses exclusively- she's not very good with a bottle, and the one time I let her have formula (milk based) she screamed and screamed because it hurt her poor little tummy. People are always commenting on how tiny she is, and today I even got asked if I'm "letting" her have one bottle a day to increase her calories!!! : My son wasn't very big either (7lbs 3oz at birth), and my husband is of thin build, so why would my DD be chubby??? She nurses whenever she wants, and still eats at night, so why am I worried? I guess I just don't like hearing people's comments on my parenting.

Gonna go snuggle up in bed with her right now.

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page