PPD Anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-21-2007, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure I've got it. I feel completely overwhelmed all of a sudden the last couple of days. I'm totally in love with the baby, but I (frighteningly) feel like everyone else should take a hike. I get a headache at the end of everyday, feel completely unmotivated to do ANYTHING and I cannot fathom desiring intimacy w/DH right now. I know he desperately wants it, but I just don't want anything. I got a bit of time away tonight and was thinking on the way home that I should go home and do something special for him and I realized that I didn't want to do anything special for me and I really didn't want to do anything. I'm irritable and completely cranky.

Anyone else? And what the heck should I do about this????

SAHM to four beautiful babes :
#2 of 4 Old 05-22-2007, 09:26 AM

Hugs, mama. So sorry you are feeling that way. How long have you been feeling that way? Surprisingly, I am feeling great, but with my first, I felt just like you do now. I was afraid to tell my family and friends or midwife, but I wish I had. Please talk to someone who can help you out and find the root of the problem, it will make you feel better. Keep intimate with your DH by letting him take you for a ride in the car, keeping the house quiet or a nice neck/foot rub. Check out the ppd section of this forum if you havent already.
Good luck and best wishes, we are always here to help too, but you need someone close by. Talk to your midwife, doula or CBE or your dr.
#3 of 4 Old 05-26-2007, 10:31 PM

I don't know if it would work for you, but I felt that way with our first. I didn't know it was PPD until after I had my second and could then see the huge difference.
But, when my husband and I were getting ready for bed. I told him I needed him to hug me. (standing up, not in bed) I would let myself open up and I cried and cried and cried. I never could explain it to him, but having him hug me while I bawled made it so I could make it through one more day. Honestly, I don't remember how long I felt like that or I needed him that way. I told him I couldn't talk about it, I just needed to cry.

Good luck.
Chris
#4 of 4 Old 07-13-2007, 07:52 PM

Oh yeah! I have been there. this is my first baby and with all of the adjustments to my identity and family life not to mention my body........I haven't cried this much ever. But talking here, and finding a support group has helped. Good luck. There are lots of books and counserlors who can help.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page