Mothering Forum banner

TF Pregnancy Club December

3K views 69 replies 19 participants last post by  Peppermint 
#1 ·
:

I thought I'd start this month's thread since I won't be in the tribe much longer. I've got pre-labor signs and I am about 38 1/2 weeks. Most of the laundry is done. The changing area is ready. I am ready for real clothes. I am really very big. My mom took a picture of me the other day and I thought "No wonder I can't get out of bed."

I had a cold/flu over the past couple of weeks and have been pretty well benched, but I've started walking again on our steep road and baby may well come any day now as a result.

At this point in my last pregnancy I actually thought I was giving birth to a non-human. I've had no down-cycles and no little psychotic episodes, so I call it all a win.

Amanda

See less See more
#27 ·
It's a full moon. I'm going to have the baby tonight.

Knock on wood.

#29 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gale Force View Post
It's a full moon. I'm going to have the baby tonight.

Knock on wood.
I had a minor freakout last night because I had contractions that just wouldn't quit. Had a bad night and by the late morning all was well. Drank a bunch of water and took some minerals.

I don't feel ready, even though it's 37 weeks today.

Welcome AnnaArcturus! I do believe there was a TTC thread but if not you can certainly start one! Or hang out with us, some very nearly not-pregnant!

#30 ·
Hi all!

I finally get to get into this thread! We are expecting our third sometime near the end of July (we think). This is my first TF pregnancy! I had severe hypermesis with my two girls and so far i actually feel symptomless. Okay, except I already can't wear any pants I own.
I have been working really hard on healing my liver. i'm taking dandelion milk thistle extract and 1 tsp maca daily. We do raw milk, HVCLO, coconut oil, some raw honey, villii, kefir, bone broths, soaked grains and the occasional Kombucha (trying to re-grow my mother). I am eating too much store bought sprouted bread (Costco) but haven't gotten to making my own ww sourdough yet.
With both pregnancies before i lost 35 and 25 Lbs by the time I was full term. since then my body has stored a lot of extra weight. I'm now 30 lbs over what i would prefer to be. I think that my body is just trying to compensate for not eating for months on end and being depleted with babes. also trying to avoid the dental issues both girls have had (that haven't recurred on continued since doing reparative work done and going TF)
I have been nursing for 5 yrs straight.
I thought that going TF would really take the extra weight off but that hasn't really happened except 10 lbs when I went low/no carb.
I am pretty sure i have/had adrenal fatigue, liver,candida issues. I don't really do sweets any more and don't crave pasta.

Wondering if any of you have any info on doses for maca? Currently doing 1 heaping tsp/ day in raw milk.
Is ioderol safe while preg? i was thinking about trying it. (when we went to the beach this summer the smell of the seaweed made me want to eat it - and i wasn't pregnant craving!)

and what's with being freezing cold this time around. I can't seem to go without at least a sweater and slippers. last two times my feet actually felt warm for the first time ever
:

that's my short story. I wanted to say HI!

oh, anaarcturus, I just discovered your blog. love it!

#31 ·
Quote:

Mmmm. Chocolate mousse. Coconut oil?? I haven't actually made it...
Is someone looking for a chocolate mousse recipe? I didn't get a chance to read all the posts, but we have a good one.

1 C coconut oil
1/2 c. raw nut butter (I have skipped this with good results)
1/3 c. raw honey
1/8 c. carob powder (raw if you can)
1/2 c cacao or carob powder (raw if you can)
10 drops peppermint oil
2 raw eggs

This makes the most delicious mousse. We also put it in latex ice cube molds and freeze and it is FABULOUS chocolate!
Hmmm....I need to make this again. Maybe even today

#33 ·
Hello ladies!! I am not doing so good with TF lately. Just getting ANY food in my body has been a challenge. I have been having EXTREME sickness, so now I have a prescription of Zofran... which I wish I did NOT have to take, as I am so anti- medication, but it allows me to EAT, and to stomach some TF foods vs. only being able to handle junk (does that make NO sense to anyone else? That the only thing I don't puke up is JUNK carbs?!?!). So, I am taking the zofran and finally able to start consuming some raw dairy again, along with all my other TF foods... except my HVCLO is still a no go, as is liver.... oh well, I hope once I hit the 2nd tri things will start looking up!!

I am so glad to be able to support each other in this!!!

#36 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TanyaLopez View Post
So you'll find time to stop in and say hi every day, right? For those of us quietly stalking? (I'm sure it's high on your list of priorities at this point!)
Hi.

#38 ·
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietserena View Post
I soo thought last night was it. But no, still here, heh.

Dehydration and exhaustion have been themes in my life lately. Seriously, how do people have 10 kids? I've only got one and due with another one and I'm barely making it.
:
thinking of you and GaleForce!

#39 ·
Quote:

still here
thats good b/c i am not coming back here if you have your baby first!

wishing everyone the best birth with a healthy baby and healthy mama all at the right time. (esp me serena amanda and gilla who are all due really really soon.)

#40 ·
I was up "late" last night, kinda uncomfortable, yk, lots of bh .....and I was thinking of you

I even had some really low back pain.....but nothing...went to sleep and woke up in the morning......

the good thing is , I had a little energy burst, made a huge stock and soup and froze a bunch

I also finnished sewing flannel washcloths/wipes great to use up old flannel and my pantry is clean and organized....my kids actually know what we have now and where everything is

wishing everyone easy empowering births

btw, I started taking those full spectrum minerals about a week ago....wondering if that had anything to do with my energy burst......

#43 ·
: for you mamas waiting patiently for your babes!

Ug, I just got my GBS results today and I'm positive. I'm actually really surprised, I have been eating well, taking a probiotic, drinking kefir everyday, eating yogurt, I suppose I could have been eating more fermented foods though.

The bad thing is is that I have to birth in a hospital so the CDC already knows about my results and I have to have the abx
I don't want to take the chance of them finding out I refused the abx and then get into trouble with DCYF
: I am going to talk to my midwife some more about it and see if she is willing to retest me so that I can get a negative result
:

Well, off to get dinner started and to *TRY* and finish all my Christmas crafting.

#44 ·
I'm back again - we lost power here in NH for 4 days, thanks to Thursday night's ice storm. I'm supposed to deliver at home, so I wasn't sure how that was going to work without electricity. It came back on yesterday evening - thank goodness! My oldest was born 1 week ago, my youngest was born tomorrow, and my middle one was born in 13 days. I keep hoping I'm going into labor, but nothing major is happening, and besides I would really like to not go into labor in the middle of the night this time. I think first thing in the morning would work out best for me - right after a good night's sleep

I am GBS positive too - although I am refusing antibiotics for a home delivery.

#46 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
you dont have to do anything.

but i would reccomend lots of raw garlic and vit C (i only took like 2000 a day) and echinacea and astragalus tinctures. that is how i altered my gbs status last time. it changed within a week.
Wow, that's great info!

Sending good vibes to all you ladies close to delivery...

#47 ·
I just found out my GSB test was positive. I'm 'colonized'! Ok and that sorta gives me the heebie jeebies.

Going to start the garlic regimen (insert half a clove a night for 8 nights), going to start some sort of wash (still gotta figure out which) and up my vit c and kefir. What else can I do?

I surely thought that my TF like diet woudl prevent stuff like this..

ETA, i shoudl totally read the thread before I post.. replies relevant to this just posts before mine! Sorry gals..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.