Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 12-28-2008, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
Congrats, Serena!

Am I the only one whose baby didn't have some indication that a TF diet was beneficial to them or that they were extra healthy? I have a slightly crabby, pointy chinned baby with reflux...I really don't know why I bother.
#62 of 70 Old 12-29-2008, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Congrats, Serena!

Am I the only one whose baby didn't have some indication that a TF diet was beneficial to them or that they were extra healthy? I have a slightly crabby, pointy chinned baby with reflux...I really don't know why I bother.
dont worry, my babys poops are mucousy when i dont take my enzymes. all my kids have round faces and pointy chins.

have you read the threads abt tongue tie on the allergy board? if your baby has reflux it might be an issue.
#63 of 70 Old 12-29-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I really don't know why I bother.
Because we do the best we can. Always. I'm sorry you are feeling down. The good news is that we can always move forward at any time. I firmly believe that our babies come to help us heal. I hope you are able to find what you need, mama.
#64 of 70 Old 12-29-2008, 09:04 PM

We have a new baby GIRL here She was born just before 6am today (her due date), after just 4.5 hours of labor - 9 pounds, 5 ounces = my biggest yet!! The afterpains are killing me, but otherwise all is well. Labor and delivery really doesn't get any easier with subsequent children, does it? I'm glad that once again I delivered at home. Had I been in the hospital, I would surely have broken down and gotten an epidural, even though it's my fourth, and even though labor was strong and swift.
#65 of 70 Old 12-31-2008, 04:44 AM

: congratulations!
#66 of 70 Old 12-31-2008, 10:04 AM

: congrats!

i broke down and took some ibuprofen for the afterpains. MW told me those tend to be worse with subsequent kids and i was soo tired and needed sleep. hope it passes soon for you.

my girl is a week old today!

you new mamas want to join me on the new mama thread? leave the pregnancy thread for yknow, those pregnat?
#67 of 70 Old 01-05-2009, 03:16 PM

congrats on all the babies:

We had a boy 3 weeks ago!!!:

7lb 10 oz, superfast labor and birth total less than 2 hrs.....even gave birth standing up...didn't have time to even get comfortable.

hardly any bleeding after the birth am almost done now , no tears and midwife said there wasn't even any swelling, hardly needed those sitz baths and am feeling totally normal already....placenta was great
definately good nutrition did something
ds has had some nursing difficulties.... but that is more due to him having down syndrome, although he is doing much better and thankfully does not have other health issues, and also shows quite a bit of muscle tone...much to mw and dr.s suprise is moving his head and sucking etc;
#68 of 70 Old 01-12-2009, 12:58 PM

: I just got and immediately thought of this thread I had skipped past many times, thinking I would not need it anytime soon.

I haven't read yet, but is anyone still here, or have most had their babies? Will there be a January thread?

Any suggestions for someone who was trying to go super slow on the transition to TF, and now feels the need to jump right in.

Also- any thoughts on keeping my milk going for my 21 month old? He loves his nursies...

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:
#69 of 70 Old 01-12-2009, 02:34 PM

Congrats Peppermint!

I'm here till the end of July.

thoughts on nursing.... i'm still nursing my 2.5 yr old and as long as i take care of myself in terms of rest and eating well i haven't had any issues.

how TF are you in your transition?
#70 of 70 Old 01-12-2009, 05:34 PM

How TF am I? Hmmm.. well, I am pretty well all "whole foods", but don't have a good source for raw milk (so I drink from a local dairy, lightly pasteurized, homogenized milk), ditto for all of my dairy, it's organic, but not raw. I do eat decent meat, and organic fruits and veggies. I haven't started the bone broths or fermented stuff yet at all.

I am taking good probiotics and have some CLO that I need to start taking.

What has everyone found to be the most important changes? Things that help with morning sickness?

My main concern is that my youngest has problems with dairy, and clearly has gut issues, I don't want to see that happen to this extent again, so- probably probiotics are my most important thing? FWIW- all of my kids were colicky and some might have had reflux issues (though due to good weight gain, were never diagnosed or treated).

I've also gained too much weight in previous pregnancies, I am normally around 120, and can put on a good 40 pounds, which is too much *for me*. I'd like to stop that this time, I usually put on a lot during morning sickness, as eating a lot/often seems to help me not vomit (surprisingly?).

:Patty :fireman Catholic, intactalactivist, co-sleeping, GDing, HSing, no-vax Mama to .........................:..........hale:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page