Mothering Forum banner

TF Pregnancy Club December

3K views 69 replies 19 participants last post by  Peppermint 
#1 ·
:

I thought I'd start this month's thread since I won't be in the tribe much longer. I've got pre-labor signs and I am about 38 1/2 weeks. Most of the laundry is done. The changing area is ready. I am ready for real clothes. I am really very big. My mom took a picture of me the other day and I thought "No wonder I can't get out of bed."

I had a cold/flu over the past couple of weeks and have been pretty well benched, but I've started walking again on our steep road and baby may well come any day now as a result.

At this point in my last pregnancy I actually thought I was giving birth to a non-human. I've had no down-cycles and no little psychotic episodes, so I call it all a win.

Amanda

See less See more
#53 ·
i had my baby last thursday at home we are both doing great!

my labor was like 1/4 the length of my 2 previous ones and the MW said my cord was like 3 times the width of the ones she usually sees (a result of good nutrition)

serena - i personally would not recomend the hibaclens wash b.c it kills all the good bacteria in your birth canal and you want to give your baby a good start probiotics wise i am assuming.

eta just read your blog amanda

#54 ·
Congratulations gilamama! And hoping everything went swimmingly, Amanda!

That's great news about the placenta and cord, gilamama. So inspiring.

Woohooo!!!
:
:

#55 ·
I posted a mini-update on my blog. We're all good, but damn, it's surely not what I had hoped for.

#58 ·
There was a baby girl born in our house today!

8lbs, 20 in, born on land cause there was no time for the tub to fill. no name yet.

placenta and cord 'looked beautiful' according to the MW - cord was nice and thick

i did do the hibiclens in early labor, and took two oral doses of amoxicilin and are starting this one on infant probiotics as soon as i can send dh out safely - it was like the *one* thing i'd planned to go get today

for the first time in months, i'm *hungry*!

#62 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
Congrats, Serena!

Am I the only one whose baby didn't have some indication that a TF diet was beneficial to them or that they were extra healthy? I have a slightly crabby, pointy chinned baby with reflux...I really don't know why I bother.
dont worry, my babys poops are mucousy when i dont take my enzymes. all my kids have round faces and pointy chins.

have you read the threads abt tongue tie on the allergy board? if your baby has reflux it might be an issue.

#63 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by caedmyn View Post
I really don't know why I bother.
Because we do the best we can. Always. I'm sorry you are feeling down. The good news is that we can always move forward at any time. I firmly believe that our babies come to help us heal. I hope you are able to find what you need, mama.

#64 ·
We have a new baby GIRL here
She was born just before 6am today (her due date), after just 4.5 hours of labor - 9 pounds, 5 ounces = my biggest yet!! The afterpains are killing me, but otherwise all is well. Labor and delivery really doesn't get any easier with subsequent children, does it? I'm glad that once again I delivered at home. Had I been in the hospital, I would surely have broken down and gotten an epidural, even though it's my fourth, and even though labor was strong and swift.

#67 ·
congrats on all the babies
:

We had a boy 3 weeks ago!!!
:

7lb 10 oz, superfast labor and birth total less than 2 hrs.....even gave birth standing up...didn't have time to even get comfortable.

hardly any bleeding after the birth
am almost done now , no tears and midwife said there wasn't even any swelling, hardly needed those sitz baths and am feeling totally normal already....placenta was great

definately good nutrition did something

ds has had some nursing difficulties.... but that is more due to him having down syndrome, although he is doing much better and thankfully does not have other health issues, and also shows quite a bit of muscle tone...much to mw and dr.s suprise is moving his head and sucking etc;

#68 ·
: I just got
and immediately thought of this thread I had skipped past many times, thinking I would not need it anytime soon.

I haven't read yet, but is anyone still here, or have most had their babies? Will there be a January thread?

Any suggestions for someone who was trying to go super slow on the transition to TF, and now feels the need to jump right in.

Also- any thoughts on keeping my milk going for my 21 month old? He loves his nursies...

#70 ·
How TF am I? Hmmm.. well, I am pretty well all "whole foods", but don't have a good source for raw milk (so I drink from a local dairy, lightly pasteurized, homogenized milk), ditto for all of my dairy, it's organic, but not raw. I do eat decent meat, and organic fruits and veggies. I haven't started the bone broths or fermented stuff yet at all.

I am taking good probiotics and have some CLO that I need to start taking.

What has everyone found to be the most important changes? Things that help with morning sickness?

My main concern is that my youngest has problems with dairy, and clearly has gut issues, I don't want to see that happen to this extent again, so- probably probiotics are my most important thing? FWIW- all of my kids were colicky and some might have had reflux issues (though due to good weight gain, were never diagnosed or treated).

I've also gained too much weight in previous pregnancies, I am normally around 120, and can put on a good 40 pounds, which is too much *for me*. I'd like to stop that this time, I usually put on a lot during morning sickness, as eating a lot/often seems to help me not vomit (surprisingly?).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.