Mothering Forum banner

TF Pregnancy Club December

3K views 69 replies 19 participants last post by  Peppermint 
#1 ·
:

I thought I'd start this month's thread since I won't be in the tribe much longer. I've got pre-labor signs and I am about 38 1/2 weeks. Most of the laundry is done. The changing area is ready. I am ready for real clothes. I am really very big. My mom took a picture of me the other day and I thought "No wonder I can't get out of bed."

I had a cold/flu over the past couple of weeks and have been pretty well benched, but I've started walking again on our steep road and baby may well come any day now as a result.

At this point in my last pregnancy I actually thought I was giving birth to a non-human. I've had no down-cycles and no little psychotic episodes, so I call it all a win.

Amanda

See less See more
#2 ·
:

Yay prelabor! And yay no down times. Yay for TF helping us heal!

I'm 36 weeks and getting quite large. My hips feel like they don't belong to the rest of the body, like they just go for a ride. Someone in a store asked me how far along I was, she said I knew I was pregnant from the way I walk. No wonder, I waddle like I have no knees.

None of my stuff is ready. I'm thinking tomorrow. DH and I left DD with a babysitter for the first time today, thinking we'd take some time off and then just ended up sitting in his office filling out assorted forms, some birth related some insurance related. Very romantic, let me tell ya!

Food wise, I'm back to food aversions of all sorts. Sugar seems to be the only thing appealing to me. Crazy stuff to have to make myself eat protein. Swelling stated too, probably cause I'm not eating enough protein. I restarted my kefir - it was on vacation for some time...
And promptly, two fruit flies drowned in it. Lucky for them it was the first post rest batch that I didn't intend to drink anyways or I would have been really squicked.

#3 ·
hey guys!
well this is my 40th week

when i do have contrax they are really painful but no labor yet.

dh had to go on a 3 day camping trip with his students today but isnt staying the whole time. he'll be back tomorow eve. i am pooped this morning and the dishes and laundry dont seem to be cutting me any slack. the baby stuff is ready though. except the booties i hope to finish today and then if the baby isnt ready, maybe I'll pop out a matching hat instead.

#4 ·
Wow everybody, how exciting! And exhausting, I know. Sending good thoughts to all of you...

My pregnant body, in its wisdom, has shown me that I've had an egg sensitivity for the past year or so. I've had weird intestinal symptoms for about that amount of time that wouldn't budge no matter what I did. I got pregnant, and suddenly even the thought of eggs would send me running from the room. I managed to hide them in wraps, etc, for a while, but finally I couldn't hack even that, and just stopped them entirely. And Voila! My intestinal symptoms DISAPPEARED entirely! I've experimented since then, and the intestinal symptoms (anal itching, hope that's not TMI for you) came back as soon as I ate something with egg in it.

So I'm relieved to know this and in awe at my wise body, but wondering how in the heck I'm going to get easy protein now?? And all the good A&D in eggs? I was really planning to rely on them for quick easy nutritional value.

Honestly, any kind of straight protein makes me want to hurl. I have to include a bunch of carbs - rice, salad, potatoes. The other things that really make me want to hurl? Coconut oil and, to a lesser degree, peanut butter. Given the egg revelation, I'm wondering if I should just avoid those things for the entire pregnancy, even after my nausea goes away.

Any thoughts on non-egg nutrition, or any of the other stuff?

#6 ·
I'm definitely having a hard time with high protein. I feel so much better when I am eating a lot of protein, but I just don't always have space or feel like eating it.

Eggs are a great, easy source, but I eat a lot of dairy (particularly cottage cheese) and meats. Are you able to eat any of those, mbravebird?

#7 ·
You know, the one protein I can do by itself is raw milk. So I'm drinking about a gallon a week of that. But otherwise, the meat has to be surrounded by carbs for me to be able to eat it without choking -- and the carbs fill me up so quick! So I'm not getting as much in as I should before I get full.

I'm glad to read I'm not alone. Yeah, Serena, I too would much rather have a baked potato than a steak. Or have them all mushed together. Potato-steak. There must be a reason, especially if it's common enough that three of us are feeling it.

Kefir makes me queasy. Now why would that be? I can do raw milk fine, but if I culture it, I want to hurl? But I am craving fermented veggies, so I have a bunch of cabbage and beets that are waiting for me to culture them.

#9 ·
:
:
: After 2 1/2 years ttc#2 I finally get to join this club!!!

Almost seven weeks along and I'm exhausted already. Before some of you wise women deliver your babes and move happily off this thread and into your babymoon any advice would be appreciated.

Specifically, I'm not a big breakfast person but I can do kefir smoothies and toast with coconut oil and honey. Any ideas, beside the peanut butter I'm already adding, to add protein to the smoothies? I can't do the raw egg in them, it makes me more nauseous, but I do eat cooked eggs later in the day.

Also, I've been trying to heal adrenal fatigue for the past few months, any advice on supplements? I am going to try the frozen liver "pill" idea. I'm taking pregnenolone and isocort. Thoughts?

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by IlluminatedAttic View Post
:
:
: After 2 1/2 years ttc#2 I finally get to join this club!!!

Almost seven weeks along and I'm exhausted already. Before some of you wise women deliver your babes and move happily off this thread and into your babymoon any advice would be appreciated.

Specifically, I'm not a big breakfast person but I can do kefir smoothies and toast with coconut oil and honey. Any ideas, beside the peanut butter I'm already adding, to add protein to the smoothies? I can't do the raw egg in them, it makes me more nauseous, but I do eat cooked eggs later in the day.

Also, I've been trying to heal adrenal fatigue for the past few months, any advice on supplements? I am going to try the frozen liver "pill" idea. I'm taking pregnenolone and isocort. Thoughts?
Hi! I get my dessicated liver from http://www.drrons.com/ and I'm also taking "Doc's Best" as a prenatal.

Hello everyone! I'm going to join this thread- We are 20 weeks along. We eat mostly raw around here, but with this pregnancy I have been wanting more cooked food than before. I wouldn't mind going back to a little more cooked food if my body likes it. I think that raw food is VERY good for you, but I'm tired of being so different from everyone

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrose_lee View Post
Hi! I get my dessicated liver from http://www.drrons.com/ and I'm also taking "Doc's Best" as a prenatal.

Hello everyone! I'm going to join this thread- We are 20 weeks along. We eat mostly raw around here, but with this pregnancy I have been wanting more cooked food than before. I wouldn't mind going back to a little more cooked food if my body likes it. I think that raw food is VERY good for you, but I'm tired of being so different from everyone

Do you have amalgam fillings? Doc's Best contains alpha lipoic acid which can cause issues for anyone with silver fillings.

#12 ·
38 weeks here...well yk more or less....

I also can't seem to eat the proteins alone , especially meat without something like potato or s.potato etc; to help it go down.....
eggs I can only do if they are "smothered" in butter
:

Actually, I am not so hungry and also feel about ready to have my body back.. and where kinda normal clothes again. I have exactly 2 skirts that still fit me and they are both the same color.....and I am tired of alternating them......
I also just finnished knitting my 3rd soaker, have washed all the diapers, birth kit is ready etc; but I feel like I still need to bake and freeze some stuff...and I need to make more stock....dd and me had mild stomch virus last week so we finnished up the reserve in the freezer....
ds turned 9 last week and dd baked gf cupcakes with homemade frosting
:......sooo I sent some to school for other ds (when other kids have birthdays, the teacher can take one out the freezer and he will have his very own gf cupcake
) and then "hid " a few in the freezer for me...for an after birth treat.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
have you tried supplementing vitamin B? I got rid of my nausea with large abts of vitamin b
I'm supplementing with a high-potency b complex and also adding 100mg extra B6 occasionally. But my nausea is not as bad recently because I'm at 13 weeks now -- now it's really just the protein, coconut oil, and eggs that get to me. And kefir. Although I haven't tried the kefir in the past couple of weeks -- maybe I should give it a go again.

I've been having adrenal fatigue again, which I knew might happen but I hoped wouldn't. So I ordered Dr. Ron's organ blend, which has adrenals in it and helped immediately. I have also done just the raw frozen liver "pills" before being pregnant, and have found them very helpful too -- and obviously much cheaper than Dr. Ron's. But my adrenal symptoms started getting really bad around 12 weeks, so I figured I needed some actual adrenals with cortex. IlluminatedAttic, what are your adrenal symptoms?

Do you think the protein-by-itself aversion has something to do with the fact that if you don't eat enough carbs, that the body uses protein as carbs? And in pregnancy, the body really needs all the protein for just protein work. So it makes us crave carbs in order to ensure the right ratio?

#15 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm 37+ weeks along, and my baby is BREECH. I have been spending all kinds of time on my hands and knees, to no avail. I am scheduled for an external version first thing tomorrow morning, and I am hoping for the best. If it fails, I am staring at a c-section delivery - something I never thought would happen to me! Nobody in this area is skilled at delivering breech babies, and I'm not even going to think about attempting it unless I have a skilled practioner on the receiving end. I'm trying not to obsess about the whole thing, but it's a little hard not to do so.

So, if this baby ends up needing a c-section, should I try giving probiotics immediately to the baby to make up for the lack of birth canal colonization? Ack... I'm hoping tomorrow's flip goes well!

#16 ·
ishing you the best of luck for tomorrow , hope that baby turns!!!
My 5th was a breech and I was able to deliver her vaginaly with the only dr. in this whole area that does (did) breech deliveries.....that was 12 years ago and a i recently heard that he is not allowed to deliver breech anymore
same hospital, same dr. different policies......
I know some mamas have had success with accupuncture and moxi.....

You should probably start probiotics now for yourself, both from foods like fermented veggies, kombucha, kefir, yogurt, and also supplement.
I personally would give a baby probiotics after a cs.
There are some very knowledgable mamas here who will be able to give you really good suggestions

I have been taking a sulingual b vitamin this pregnancy and it has been better for me, just regular b vitamans seem to "come up later" and I just couldn't stand the smell of them
also we use nutritional yeast in our food, lots of good b vitamins there

#19 ·
Best of luck today, bigknitwit. My first baby was frank breech and born via c/section. I knew nothing about probiotics at the time. This time I am focusing on probiotics for myself. I've got a whole stash in the event of a section. I haven't decided what to do in regards to baby.

#20 ·
Okay. Wow - baby is no longer breech! However, it was quite a procedure, to say the least. I feel as tired as if I'd delivered the baby, and yet it's still in there (head down!). So, it turns out external version is pretty intense. The doctor did two attempts to turn the baby. The first one was the worst for me, and the second one was more manageable (and successful). I keep feeling my belly to make sure baby hasn't turned back
. So he left the baby in a posterior position, which I hope will correct in due time. What a relief to have that behind me, and successfully too. While he was doing it I fully decided that I would be 100% comfortable witha c-section delivery if the version failed!!

#21 ·
Super duper news bigknitwit. I think some people use belly bands to keep baby in position. I think mine is posterior too but most turn during labor if not sooner.

I sure am ready here. There's a full moon tomorrow night. Maybe that will do it. My son is into jumping rope this week. That would surely do it.

#22 ·
Great news, Kirsten!

Hi mamas. I'm popping in here, too. We just found out that we're expecting #4 in August. This will be my first TF pregnancy and it is wonderful to know that this baby will get an awesome start.

I am working on getting in lots of protein, too!
PB and coco oil toast, egg salad sandwiches, lots of chicken and beef.

I do have a question for you all.

I can get raw milk, but it is $13 per gallon and that really hurts us. I have been drinking the cream top milk from Trader Joe's for the past few weeks and love that, too, but miss my raw milk so much.

If I buy the raw milk, I'll have to cut out some (lots) of our fresh fruits and vegis... just not enough room in the budget for all the groceries.

What would you do? Splurge and get the raw milk weekly or keep up with the pasteurized non-homogenized TJ milk and have lots of greens and fruits and vegis weekly...

I'll already made tons of cuts to have more for groceries, but I really need to be careful with our cash right now.

TIA!
Amanda

#25 ·
Mmmm. Chocolate mousse. Coconut oil?? I haven't actually made it...

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilamama View Post
after my first birth my BF made me a chocolate mousse which would be great now that i am gf but how to do it w/o canola oil?
Are you just gf? Not cf? Because if so, you could just use the regular kind of chocolate mousse recipe -- with eggs and butter instead of the oil. Mmmm.....

Oh, man I'm going to miss eggs.

If you're interested in that kind of recipe, I have access to a good one. Just let me know if you want it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.