Looking for raw milk around Canby Oregon - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WE are moving from Eugene, Oregon back to my hometown of Canby and will be in need of raw milk. We prefer goat milk as I do best on that but I also welcome sources of cows milk (for the cream and butter mostly). Anybody know of a farm they would recommend in this area? We will be living on my parent's place about 7 miles south of Canby so we are also near to Mololla, Woodburn/hubbard, Oregon City etc. We have been so spoiled in Eugene where we have a had a 2-block walk to pick up our raw goat milk at a drop site and, more recently, the NFS where DH works has sold that same farm's milk so he can just pick it up there. That being said, since we 're moving to the country, I guess we are willing to drive to get the milk but would prefer to keep it to a short (15-30 minute) drive if at all possible. I'm going to check listing on realmilk as well but thought I would start here in case there is anyone who has personal recomendations.
Thanks.
Janine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2009, 01:40 AM

Check out Blueberry Sunrise Farm on realmilk.com. I get my milk there and she's great. She's also in Mulino which shouldn't be too far from you.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Old 02-22-2012, 12:20 PM

I recently moved to Canby and was wondering if you ever ended up finding a good raw goat milk producer you'd recommend?

Old 02-23-2012, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

DH works in a natural foods store and can get raw goats milk there so we've mostly done that.  Been thinking of switching to  raw cow though and I have at least one lead.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM

PM me if you want, my parents are in Salem and drive about 20 min east (I think it's east!) to get some from a farm but I'd rather not list it publicly. I think that might be in your range?

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).

User Tag List