GAPS/SCD mamas - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 213 Old 04-30-2009, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Best wishes, LionTigerBear. I am finally starting the Intro diet tomorrow. I am already home from work "sick" (really weak) today and haven't even started haha. Ofcourse I already have die-off from eating nothing but meat, vegetables, eggs and butter for 2 weeks (no fruit or nuts even). Part of me wonders if I would get better quickly if I just take the meds my Dr perscribed (Flagyl for the parasite and Nystatin for the yeast), but I know I need a slow, natural gut healing. I just hope I can keep working through the Intro phase and all.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#122 of 213 Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 AM

MY 4yo was throwing up all day yesterday, and my 2yo just started this morning. We shall see if my 4yo is done throwing up for now or not. I've been letting them watch TV/movies pretty much non-stop.

Meanwhile my 2-MONTH-old only wants to be held much of the time, and DH is still working long hours. Makes this all quite interesting.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#123 of 213 Old 05-02-2009, 01:24 PM

LittleTigerBear - hang in there ! It will get better soon!! My kids also were sick (I think they were also battling a stomach virus that had made it's way thru the family) - it took us almost 2 weeks before my oldest's appetite returned (I think it would have been sooner if not for the stomach bug).

One soup everyone loved during intro was cauliflower soup - it's so mild.
Cook a cauliflower in broth (beef or chicken) until very tender. Either puree the whole thing or puree half the cauliflower, leaving the other half in small pieces in the soup.

If you eat eggs, stock up, from our experience & what I've read in the gaps forum, once they are hungry again you will be cooking eggs 24/7 for a while! It's all dd wanted. I was stressed about giving her so many eggs, but in hindsite I should have not been worried.... they are easy to digest & just what she needed at the time. She eventually moved on to other things.

Once dd's appetite came back, she kept waking hungry or not sleeping at bedtime b/c she was hungry. I finally got in the routine of setting aside a smallish meal to reheat for her later at night. That lasted 3-4 weeks.

Also, once they start eating, expect they will be peeing a lot more than usual. Even if they are PT they may have an accident, maybe set up the bed for the oldest so it's ready to change just in case. (DH & I were peeing a ton too,waking at night to pee).

Oh and my oldest did lose weight for those 2 weeks, she looked so thin. Around 5 weeks she was back to her normal healthy weight. It took a while.
#124 of 213 Old 05-03-2009, 01:55 PM

Hi,
We're here and on the GAPS forum. DS, 5, is presently sleeping on the couch. He's been sleeping since he woke up. We started the intro one week ago. He was doing okay, but we let him regulate how much sauerkraut to eat yesterday and I think he got too high of a dose of it and is suffering another big round of die off.

The hardest thing for me, well, it's all hard, really, as he's so weak and so not himself and obviously getting skinny [always been on the meaty side. But the hardest thing is negotiating letting his food desires and instincts guide him. Because the whole reason we started this is that his instincts led him towards one thing: sugar!

We've been trying to keep up with bowel maintenance, ie enemas, which I should be more persistent with, but it makes him so miserable while he is miserable.

Ditto ditto ditto on the eggs. We'll probably go through four dozen this week. Thankfully I am making it through detox okay.

He calls.
#125 of 213 Old 05-03-2009, 04:44 PM

Ah, so here we are, too. After contemplating elimination diets, etc, etc, I eventually decided to go the GAPS route (yeast issues, primarily). Today is day 3, and I'm really bummed because someone (kindly?) gave DS1 a piece of coffee cake at church. I'm just going to have to make it more of a priority to bring something specifically for him/us to those kinds of things, I suppose. Any suggestions for this??

Um...so about the bananas. He's eating a TON. Is this OK, seriously?! Bananas, eggs, nut butter-squash pancakes, and carrot sticks have pretty much been the staples of his diet the last few days. And actually, I'm making a trip to the store again today for more bananas.

I woke up this morning feeling crummy, shaky--which I think is a good detox-y sign. I did an anti-candida diet last summer for almost 3 months, but never really felt like it was a sustainable way to eat (too restrictive), and certainly too restrictive for a toddler. I feel like GAPS is something we can do long-term, which is encouraging. Glad to have this thread around.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#126 of 213 Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 PM

Little update--I made it through the whole intro diet! It took about a month so I feel really happy with that and it is so nice to keep expanding my diet. I cannot believe how much better my gut feels after a month! It is sooo much easier now than it was in the very beginning...hang in there mamas s

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#127 of 213 Old 05-04-2009, 12:27 AM

I was wondering how you were doing, Jen. So wonderful to hear a good report.

Tolovemercy, I am also on day 3. I actually only took a day each on phase 1 and 2 as I am already pretty detoxed from eating nothing but meat, veggies, eggs and butter for 1 month. No sugar or starch withdrawls to deal with. I will probably be on stage 3-4 for months while I fight parasites and candida. It will probably be awhile for me before I can re-introduce fruit, nuts, honey and legumes due to those things.

It's amazing how my cravings have changed over the past few weeks. I am not craving ice-cream, pizza, cookies, etc. All I have been dreaming about is to get healthy enough to have a nut butter pancake with butter and honey...and some fresh strawberries. Mmmm.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#128 of 213 Old 05-04-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovemercy View Post

Um...so about the bananas. He's eating a TON. Is this OK, seriously?! Bananas, eggs, nut butter-squash pancakes, and carrot sticks have pretty much been the staples of his diet the last few days. And actually, I'm making a trip to the store again today for more bananas.
RE bananas: it depends on whether you are doing full gaps or gaps intro [see gaps guide by baden or the yahoo group for more details] gaps intro is no sugar. We started full gaps in March but DS just made up for no grains with LOTS of fruit. Just like you are describing: TONS of bananas. His behaviors that indicate to me there is a food problem started coming back. So we did gaps intro and oh the detox. Didn't know his system had so much junk in it. Constipation started IMMEDIATELY after, so I guess the die off was too fast.

I have someone to wipe it appears. Good luck all! We need it!
#129 of 213 Old 05-04-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovemercy View Post
If you want to do strict GAPS, then you do need to limit the bananas. Dr. NCM says that fruit and nuts should make up no more than 15% of the diet, with 85% being natural fats, vegetables, fish, eggs, and meats.

However, many people on SCD do eat lots of bananas and they still heal. I think it's a personal choice and definitely trickier with children.

DH and I have been on GAPS for a year, although we only started intro late last year. We had a real hard time on intro since it triggered severe non-stop die off for us. We are just finishing it up now, although we got to stage 5 or 6 some time ago and our diet is pretty varied. We are having vegetable juice, salads and nut breads and cooked apples pretty regularly. I am ready to start raw fruits and may start introducing spices. However, we had to remove the yogurt and kefir a few weeks back to mitigate the die off so I need to re-intro that soon. We are still honey free since Dr. NCM had diagnosed both DH and I with severe yeast overgrowth.
#130 of 213 Old 05-04-2009, 05:07 PM

I'm so glad I hung in there. This has been so stressful. We are on day five of the intro.

My picky four-year-old really is FINALLY eating more things now! I never would have believed it, lol. He is eating meatball soup with zucchini, and telling me he "loves the zucchini and he just LOVES the meatballs." He ate all his meatballs and is now picking out each last piece of zucchini! : Hallelujah!!! He was also eating butternut squash "muffins" (more like baked pudding) which are just eggs and butternut squash with vanilla and cinnamon. (I think the butternut squash puddings would be great if they were sweetened a little! And he drank tea and asked for more! He also independently expressed interest in trying berries later! And he tried some other zucchini/summer squash pudding thing that I made before, and a veggie smoothie thing, and some chicken pancakes, but he didn't like any of those (no wonder, they were GROSS.) But to his credit, he actually tried them!

This is SO AMAZING. You can't imagine my sigh of relief. It's like this huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

♥ blogger astrologer mom to three cool kiddos, and trying to figure out this divorce thing-- Blossom and Glow ♥

#131 of 213 Old 05-05-2009, 10:27 AM

We're just doing full GAPS/SCD, sans dairy, with plans of reintroducing dairy in a month or two. Our digestive issues are pretty mild, but we went vegan throughout Lent this year and got into the habit of eating alot more grains than we should, and everyone was just seeming a little...off, I guess. We've done alot of healing in the last year with alot of die-off, but in any case, back to square one...or maybe two, at least.

I'll have to think about the bananas. He seems to be doing really well in spite of eating 3-4 a day. His energy yesterday and this morning is definitely more 'focused' instead of 'wild', and all around less tantrum-prone. He's hungrier, too, which is awesome. He actually woke up this morning and asked for meat for breakfast--as opposed to his usually oatmeal or pancakes request.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#132 of 213 Old 05-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Erin, my son did really well on bananas the first time we tried this diet. This time, not so much. So if he's thriving, why not offer lots of bananas? If he's not thriving, you will not what you can try next. If you are doing more bananas, just realize that that's more the SCD, not really the GAPS diet. The GAPS diet only allows for small amounts of fruit.

#133 of 213 Old 05-05-2009, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
I'm so glad I hung in there. This has been so stressful. We are on day five of the intro.

My picky four-year-old really is FINALLY eating more things now! I never would have believed it, lol. He is eating meatball soup with zucchini, and telling me he "loves the zucchini and he just LOVES the meatballs." He ate all his meatballs and is now picking out each last piece of zucchini! : Hallelujah!!! He was also eating butternut squash "muffins" (more like baked pudding) which are just eggs and butternut squash with vanilla and cinnamon. (I think the butternut squash puddings would be great if they were sweetened a little! And he drank tea and asked for more! He also independently expressed interest in trying berries later! And he tried some other zucchini/summer squash pudding thing that I made before, and a veggie smoothie thing, and some chicken pancakes, but he didn't like any of those (no wonder, they were GROSS.) But to his credit, he actually tried them!

This is SO AMAZING. You can't imagine my sigh of relief. It's like this huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
Yay! Congrats! :

#134 of 213 Old 05-07-2009, 02:30 PM

Thanks! So, I am gradually improving my method for making butternut squash muffins, and they are a big hit with the boys. So are the meatballs boiled in broth. Chicken nuggets and chicken salad were a no-go. Zucchini and summer squash boiled in broth is a hit, too. They won't drink the broth by itself, or any kind of soupy soup or anything that is of stew or sauce consistency. :

I must say though, the amount of work it is making stock every single day, and butternut squash muffins every day-- cutting the dang squash, baking it, peeling-- what a pain-- it's all very annoying, especially with a fussy baby. Oh and the huge piles of dishes I am producing. I am contsantly washing dishes trying to keep the mess at bay. Ack. I have been very tempted to just toss the whole diet a couple of times. But it really, really is working, so I am sticking with it. This is hard work though!

#135 of 213 Old 05-08-2009, 08:46 PM

I just finished reading this whole thread... and am so inspired, LionTigerBear! My 4 yo sounds alot like yours. He isn't on the spectrum, but has mild sensory processing issues, and is an extremely picky eater. And the older he gets, the more he is limiting the things he eats. He seemed so healthy as a baby and toddler, but lately he is looking really skinny and has no frustration tolerance at all. The past few weeks he has started SCREAMING when things don't go his way. I've been thinking about doing GAPS with him, but felt like it wasn't possible because he eats so few foods, and basically none of them are legal on the diet (he eats quesadillas on sprouted tortillas with a little meat and cheese inside, he drinks kombucha, and he eats a few fruits. He also likes sourdough bread, sometimes will drink smoothies... but he changes the favored foods often enough to keep me on my toes). I also don't believe my husband will support me doing this, and will sabotage my attempts by giving him sweets and breads when they go out together (he already does this with TF eating).

It gives me so much hope to hear of picky kids starting to eat things like broth and zucchini and meatballs... and liking them. And in only 5 days! I was so afraid I would starve my son if I tried this diet, and he has SUCH a strong will, especially about food and elimination issues. If I can get my husband on board, I'm definitely going to do this. I would like to do it with my son, but I'm breastfeeding, so am not sure I can.

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration!
#136 of 213 Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 PM

kb, glad I could be an inspiration! Let me tell you, it will be so much easier for you with just one child. As far as how much work this is for me, in terms of dishes and cooking = extra work, this diet is BRUTAL right now with the four-year-old, two-year-old, and a slightly fussy little baby.

I've had to drop the homeschooling stuff we usually do (uh, Spring break??? and my normally cooperative parenting style has become much more inflexible and even punitive (just as far as punitive time-outs.) I don't like it but I recognize that it's necessary for me right now-- I literally can only do so much. I've also started hiring someone to come in and help me clean once a week. Did I mention I'm experiencing yeast die-off, too? I'm not following the GAPS intro (I'm nursing) but close, so, it's kind of yucky sometimes. The nausea comes and goes. But I'm losing weight-- mostly in my tummy, which is lovely like you wouldn't believe! Lol. I'm hoping to get the rest of my parenting and housekeeping back on track very soon, hopefully by next month.

Baby's crying again . . . gotta go

#137 of 213 Old 05-10-2009, 10:29 PM

ooh, I should update my siggy! I have a 4mo too. She's not too fussy... at least not compared to her older brother. I can't imagine having a 2 yo too!
#138 of 213 Old 07-11-2009, 10:49 PM

How's everyone doing? We're soldiering on . . . stopped doing the soups for now, so this is more like the SCD now, than GAPS, I guess . . . we are just doing our best . . .

DS1 is turning 5 this month so I am collecting a bunch of birthday-treat-foods recipes and I need to order some almond flour or something. He is really excited about his birthday so there is definitely pressure to make it a good one . . poor little guy, it's been so hard for him and he's been so good about it . . . I'm really excited to treat the boys for once. They actually weren't great with nuts last time we tried them, but that was a couple months ago so we're going to try again. Even if we don't add them back in permanently yet, it'll be worth it for his birthday.

#139 of 213 Old 07-12-2009, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

We are totally off due to birthday (which I tried to make GAPS-friendly, but didn't hit 100%), grandparents in town, DSS in town (this is the biggy, as he is a major GAPS-case himself but my hands are tied and have to give in to his pickiness), new pregnancy, financial woes, etc, etc. The weird thing is that DD's constipation has disappeared. I was hoping that was a good sign, but then she got a flu bug and now has diarrhea. Her eyes started looking like they have the dark circles coming on, so I hope we're not seeing her go back downhill like she was right before we started. Aaaaaahhhhh...

#140 of 213 Old 07-16-2009, 03:14 PM

Yeah, we have a birthday coming up . . . our oldest son is turning 5. And the boys are not good with nuts. Or coconut flour. Soooo . . . it's been hard trying to come up with things to serve at the party! But I think we will do hot dogs (the "natural" kind) and fashion an ice cream cake out of coconut milk dairy-free ice cream (we like the Purely Decadent brand.) I can frost it with honey-egg white frosting. I think I will also make a frozen watermelon sherbet kind of a thing. Any other ideas are welcome!

#141 of 213 Old 07-16-2009, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

have you seen the chocolate bean cake? several illegal ingredients, but you seem pretty creative. my understanding is navy beans are legal, so i think they would work instead of black beans. the cake really was delicious...

#142 of 213 Old 07-16-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila1213 View Post
have you seen the chocolate bean cake? several illegal ingredients, but you seem pretty creative. my understanding is navy beans are legal, so i think they would work instead of black beans. the cake really was delicious...
Thank you for the idea! Unfortunately, we haven't had good luck with legumes, yet, either. And the children all seem to be allergic to chocolate. I should also add, while I'm at it, that they also don't seem to do well with berries, or commercial fruit juice. (At this point you may visualize me throwing my hands up in despair. )

I know that next year will be much easier, though.

#143 of 213 Old 07-17-2009, 01:13 AM

Hey mamas!
I am at 3.5 months now and doing really great. I have added back everything except dairy (and gluten). It is amazing thr gut brain connection. I am good on ghee but when I started eating butter in a pinch I started having nightmares! I quit and just do coconut oil and they stoppped. WOW.

I am off soups now too that it is 100 degreees here. I am mostly eating eggs, avocado, veggies, chicken salads with evoo dressing, grilled meats, fresh fruit, nuts...I managed to stay like 99.9% GAPS even with summer travel..I did eat some steak marinated in soy sauce for example, but I am still progressing.

I am going to get back into the broth when things cool down..I have been eating my lactofermented pickles and will probably make some kraut again soon.

I hope you can find some party goodies LionTigerBear--how about stuff on skewers--I bet kids would like fruit ones....as long as they can have a skewer without hurting themselves though! You could do meat and veggie ones (like a luau theme). If you have a spiralizer you could make a cold zuccini noodle salad thing. Veggies with avocado dip. Strawberries dipped in the honey frosting or you could slice and layer the berries and frosting. That all I got for now!

Jen

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#144 of 213 Old 07-17-2009, 07:15 PM

Jen, so awesome that you are 3.5 months and hanging in there! We are at 2.5 months and are kind of the opposite: dairy seems to be mostly okay with us, but we are steering clear of sugars [save seasonal ones that have been picked by us or farmers in our area]. Nuts are also a challenge to most of us.

My brain is so much happier on this diet I can't believe it. Same goes for my DS. I think I will be mostly on this diet for a looooong time.

Jen, your diet sounds a lot like mine: lots of eggs, avocados and seasonal veggies. My kids LOVE the GAPS pancakes and bread [we just add more eggs and skip the nut butter] We also have discovered that chicken can feed us for many, many meals.

I have had some real dessert nostalgia. I am super duper sensitive to gluten, so I know that only horrible pain would result from "cheating" but I've had some dreams of summer pies. Maybe because it is the season when we eat sweet since in the heat our bodies crave it.
#145 of 213 Old 07-17-2009, 10:22 PM

Mashenka, I've been having horrible cravings, too! For pasta, pies, cupcakes . . . when we are finally able to move onto nuts, we should be able to recreate some really yummy pies and make some kind of a cupcake thing . . . that will be fun.

#146 of 213 Old 07-18-2009, 07:24 PM

I have to sub to this thread. I am reading the GAPS book. I do TF low carb.

I finally realized that I may have to give up dairy to heal my gut.
#147 of 213 Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Welcome to our little thread, vegmom!

#148 of 213 Old 07-19-2009, 01:48 PM

Hi all,
We are doing really well here too. Amazingly, right around 6 months, things just really started looking better. The only thing I think that is different is that I ran out of coconut oil, and stopped using that so much. They were eating a ton of it, in smoothies, cooking with it, etc. But I don't know if that is part of it or not.

It's really quite amazing. We've been on it for 7 months now. My 9 yo has gained 8 pounds and grown in height too. My 5 yo has gained 5 pounds and also grown in height. And they are both finally consistently having better stools. We still have some days that the stools just completely fall apart, but it's getting better all the time. They still both have a large volume of stool though, and I sometimes wonder if they aren't absorbing everything they could be still. But we seem to be improving all the time. Even almond flour is okay occassionally now. Can't overdo it though. Nut butters seem to go over better than the nut flour, and they are eating this every day. And SunButter is okay too. They actually seem to do really well with the SunButter now.

I feel like this is just such a process. I want to introduce some fermented things like kraut, kimchi maybe, but I just haven't had time to figure it all out. I hear you, LTB, I feel like I am doing dishes ALL flippin' day. I don't have a dishwasher, and lately I've been thinking about investing in some things I've really wanted like a VitaMix, a juicer, etc, but I think what would actually make my life a lot easier is a dishwasher! What do you guys think? Do you have a dishwasher? Is life on SCD/GAPS easier with one or have I deluded myself into that thinking?

Quote:
DS1 is turning 5 this month so I am collecting a bunch of birthday-treat-foods recipes and I need to order some almond flour or something.
I'm probably too late for this, but did you come up with some good treats? My littlest guy just turned 5 too! Happy Birthday! I made a birthday cake with almond flour, and a whipped honey/egg white frosting. To be honest, the frosting was horrible, it tasted burnt. I think we burned the honey a little bit in cooking it. And I think maybe adding some vanilla would have helped with the flavor. We also did chicken on the grill, hamburgers, and legal hot dogs.
My chicken recipe for the grill is awesome if you want me to share I can post it later. Basically you boil the chicken parts in a mix of oil, vinegar, an egg, and spices, and then you finish it on the grill to crisp up the skin. YUMMM!:

We also got Stretch Island fruit leathers, and we contemplated fruit skewers too, but then I cam to my senses.

Quote:
Yeah, we have a birthday coming up . . . our oldest son is turning 5. And the boys are not good with nuts. Or coconut flour. Soooo . . . it's been hard trying to come up with things to serve at the party! But I think we will do hot dogs (the "natural" kind) and fashion an ice cream cake out of coconut milk dairy-free ice cream (we like the Purely Decadent brand.) I can frost it with honey-egg white frosting. I think I will also make a frozen watermelon sherbet kind of a thing. Any other ideas are welcome!
There is a great dairy-free strawberry ice cream recipe, but I see you aren't doing berries right now.

We did another awesome hit at the party: Cut bananas in half and insert a cookie stick into the end (you can buy cookie sticks at craft stores, like Micheal's, and they are like lollipop sticks but a little but longer and thicker around). Then freeze the bananas on a cookie sheet with wax paper. Once frozen, spread nut butter on top, then roll in coconut, then freeze again. Double YUMMM! I'm copyrighting that idea and putting it in my SCD cookbook when it comes out!

Quote:
Mashenka, I've been having horrible cravings, too! For pasta, pies, cupcakes . . . when we are finally able to move onto nuts, we should be able to recreate some really yummy pies and make some kind of a cupcake thing . . . that will be fun.
I was having really bad cravings for a while, so much so that I would sneak off to the grocery store at night after my kiddos were in bed (DH home of course) and buy junk food and cheat. It was horrible. I literally could not stop eating. I was never full, never satiated. I recently started a constitutional homeopathic remedy, and the most amazing improvement I have had was that insatiable hunger went away. It's like I just don't even want the bad junky stuff anymore. Before, I would eat it even though I knew I would feel like cr@p afterwards. Now the cravings really are gone.

One more thing...is that Purely Decadent ice cream SCD-legal????? I'm not going to get my hopes up!

Gotta run now, sorry if this post is jumbled, I've been writing it in spurts between my kids needing various bots of my attention! Glad to hear all the good reports from everyone! :
#149 of 213 Old 07-19-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmine View Post
Hi all,
We are doing really well here too. Amazingly, right around 6 months, things just really started looking better. The only thing I think that is different is that I ran out of coconut oil, and stopped using that so much. They were eating a ton of it, in smoothies, cooking with it, etc. But I don't know if that is part of it or not.
Interesting! I'm so glad to hear you guys are doing better.

Quote:
I feel like this is just such a process. I want to introduce some fermented things like kraut, kimchi maybe, but I just haven't had time to figure it all out. I hear you, LTB, I feel like I am doing dishes ALL flippin' day. I don't have a dishwasher, and lately I've been thinking about investing in some things I've really wanted like a VitaMix, a juicer, etc, but I think what would actually make my life a lot easier is a dishwasher! What do you guys think? Do you have a dishwasher? Is life on SCD/GAPS easier with one or have I deluded myself into that thinking?
I know, I know, it really is a lot of work. A dishwasher really does make a big difference for me. We didn't have one last time, we do now. I do suggest getting at least one helpful appliance, either a juicer or the Vitamix or both.

Quote:
I'm probably too late for this, but did you come up with some good treats? My littlest guy just turned 5 too! Happy Birthday! I made a birthday cake with almond flour, and a whipped honey/egg white frosting. To be honest, the frosting was horrible, it tasted burnt. I think we burned the honey a little bit in cooking it. And I think maybe adding some vanilla would have helped with the flavor. We also did chicken on the grill, hamburgers, and legal hot dogs.
Quote:
One more thing...is that Purely Decadent ice cream SCD-legal????? I'm not going to get my hopes up!
No, sorry.

Coconut flavor: INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC COCONUT MILK, ORGANIC AGAVE SYRUP, CHICORY ROOT EXTRACT, ORGANIC DRIED COCONUT, CAROB BEAN GUM, GUAR GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR.

Passionate Mango: INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC COCONUT MILK, ORGANIC AGAVE SYRUP, CHICORY ROOT EXTRACT, MANGO PUREE, PASSIONFRUIT JUICE CONCENTRATE, CAROB BEAN GUM, GUAR GUM, NATURAL MANGO FLAVOR.

They have other flavors, too. http://www.turtlemountain.com

#150 of 213 Old 07-19-2009, 05:47 PM

I am only half way reading this thread, but am wondering about the biokult probiotic. Can you heal without taking it? It is extremely expensive.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page