GAPS/SCD mamas - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-27-2011, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Vaquitita,

I'm new to this thread, but 2 months into GAPS with my husband and 2 boys.  I hope GAPS intro is going well for you.  I can see this thread is not very active.  If you are still having questions you may wish to check out the GAPS yahoo group which is extremely active.  You can get all your questions answered there.  I am interested in discussing GAPS here at Mothering... Any way to revive this thread?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 03:29 PM

I'd like to revive this thread, too. I'm looking into the GAPS diet for my family, and I'm really not sure where to start. I did join the Yahoo group, but it is so active, it's overwhelming!

I'm not sure if I should jump straight into the intro diet, or start with the full diet and then do the intro diet later. And I'm thinking right before the holidays is a terrible time to start... orngtongue.gif

ribboncesarean.gif 2/4/2009.  hbac.gif 9/6/2011!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:59 PM

A lot of people advocate starting by moving onto the full GAPS diet and then circling back and starting Intro later on. I think this is great advice because Intro can be extremely intense. You might also want to start your child(ren) on the diet before you do. If the diet makes you feel unwell, it can feel impossible to cook enough to keep your family fed on GAPS. I did 3 months of SCD with my nursing toddler before switching to GAPS Intro. You can read more about our journey here: http://babygaps.blogspot.com/2011/04/getting-ready-to-start.html

Having been through GAPS I would vote not to start Intro until after the holidays. It can feel completely overwhelming to try to eat outside the home in the early stages. Just trying to adhere to full GAPS through the holidays will be challenging enough!

Good luck!

~Annie

User Tag List