Is there a current pregnant WAPF mamas thread? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 329 Old 06-03-2009, 01:14 PM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
How are you all eating these things?! Yogurt, soup, vegetables, kefir, Blech. I can't eat anything! So pulsatilla can work for the sickness? I may try to seek out some lactose free from somewhere. Today though I drank about 4 ounces of coffee and I feel great! I just might cave and start drinking a half cup a day again. Would that be horrible? I'm just so sick of being sick.
If you are actually throwing up all the time, I would take Nux Vomica, a few doses a day for several days, and then switch to pulsatilla, a couple doses a day for a week. Great stuff. I am serious, it really works. The bottles are like 6 buck and the best money ever spent.

And I know that the small amount of lactose doesn't even bother my dairy sensitive dd. Not sure how sensitive you are.
Koalamom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#62 of 329 Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 AM
 
NettleTea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
NettleTea is offline  
#63 of 329 Old 06-05-2009, 06:44 AM
 
MomToEmerson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Texas
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, I'm here too 9 weeks along. Fallen off the wagon this week - been busy out and about and my craving for Mexican food led me to Taco Bell, LOL! I bloated like a balloon, LOL! Otherwise I have been very fortunate to have no morning sickness and just a little fatigue. But as a recovering life long vegan/veg I have not managed to stomach liver or organ meats. So I think I will check out those Dr Rons capsules mentioned earlier. Still nursing my 2 1/2 yo ds, and so far feeling really great, not particularly hungrier than normal, just a little insomnia. Once I get up to pee at 4:30 I have a hard time getting back to sleep. Thats why I am here at 4:45 am, LOL!

Melissa 38 DH 47, Emerson '06, Arrow '09 angel2.gif, and Drake Valan EDD 12/22/10.
MomToEmerson is offline  
#64 of 329 Old 06-05-2009, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter
 
Leilalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 7,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToEmerson View Post
Hey, I'm here too 9 weeks along. Fallen off the wagon this week - been busy out and about and my craving for Mexican food led me to Taco Bell, LOL! I bloated like a balloon, LOL! Otherwise I have been very fortunate to have no morning sickness and just a little fatigue. But as a recovering life long vegan/veg I have not managed to stomach liver or organ meats. So I think I will check out those Dr Rons capsules mentioned earlier. Still nursing my 2 1/2 yo ds, and so far feeling really great, not particularly hungrier than normal, just a little insomnia. Once I get up to pee at 4:30 I have a hard time getting back to sleep. Thats why I am here at 4:45 am, LOL!
Usually I can go all night- but if I have to get up I am most likely up all night too. Unless baby wakes up with me and I have to put him to sleep.
It's annoying!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
.
Leilalu is offline  
#65 of 329 Old 06-05-2009, 11:32 AM
 
crunchy_mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Depends on the day for me, last night I had 2 pee 2x and then still had to really go when I got up.

Just got my clo and organ pills yesterday- took 3 liver pills today- it is going to be a very long day and I hope it gives me good energy!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
crunchy_mama is offline  
#66 of 329 Old 06-05-2009, 11:36 AM
 
cahwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lol Same thing with the peeing...I got up at 5 today. Question for you all: I bought a coconut milk drink thing that I have been using with cereal (I know, I know but I need something in my belly and this seems to stay down) But the milk is fortified with Vit A. I get about 7,000 iu from CLO and I also take raw liver pills. As a general rule I avoid anything fortified with vit a, but man is this stuff hitting the spot right now. Should I be concerned about my intake of the synthetic vit a? It says it contains 10% of the daily value.

On a side note I'm excited because I just ordered Real food for mothers and babies and I can't wait to read it!
cahwilson is offline  
#67 of 329 Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
 
Leilalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 7,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
Lol Same thing with the peeing...I got up at 5 today. Question for you all: I bought a coconut milk drink thing that I have been using with cereal (I know, I know but I need something in my belly and this seems to stay down) But the milk is fortified with Vit A. I get about 7,000 iu from CLO and I also take raw liver pills. As a general rule I avoid anything fortified with vit a, but man is this stuff hitting the spot right now. Should I be concerned about my intake of the synthetic vit a? It says it contains 10% of the daily value.

On a side note I'm excited because I just ordered Real food for mothers and babies and I can't wait to read it!
I would be concerned if it was something you get attached to. What kind of mix is it? I don't know how it would compare taste-wise, but I have an instant coconut cream powder from the asian market that contains no vit. A maybe you could try a different brand? I have a Derma E whitening face cream that I was using on blemish spots a while back that I stopped because it contained. vit. A It also lightened freckles, which for me would be somewhat useful, My freckles darken with pregnancy and summer! I even get new decorative moles. Last time around I got a Marilyn Monroe mole.

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
.
Leilalu is offline  
#68 of 329 Old 06-05-2009, 12:33 PM
 
KikaKika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 533
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies!

I would love to join this thread/group. I'm 24w2d today, and reading everyone's posts, it reminded me how tough eating strong, protein-rich foods was during 1st tri.

I always ate TF-style, and until I hit 6 weeks, eggs+bacon was my favorite breakfast, and then... I just could not eat anything too rich in protein, it was terrible.

It took me a while to figure out that I just needed extra help with digestiion (for the next several weeks), and after digging through all my books, I found out that in my case, lack of HCl (digest. stomach acid) and slower bile production was the problem, and papaya enzymes + bitter herbs helped soooo much!

I used Floradix Bitter Herbs, and papaya enzymes from a health store - papaya before a strong meal, and bitters before and after.)))

Difference was amazing, and after that, no signs of morning sickness...

HTH

:
KikaKika is offline  
#69 of 329 Old 06-05-2009, 04:19 PM
 
mbravebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikaKika View Post
Hi Ladies!

I would love to join this thread/group. I'm 24w2d today, and reading everyone's posts, it reminded me how tough eating strong, protein-rich foods was during 1st tri.

I always ate TF-style, and until I hit 6 weeks, eggs+bacon was my favorite breakfast, and then... I just could not eat anything too rich in protein, it was terrible.

It took me a while to figure out that I just needed extra help with digestiion (for the next several weeks), and after digging through all my books, I found out that in my case, lack of HCl (digest. stomach acid) and slower bile production was the problem, and papaya enzymes + bitter herbs helped soooo much!

I used Floradix Bitter Herbs, and papaya enzymes from a health store - papaya before a strong meal, and bitters before and after.)))

Difference was amazing, and after that, no signs of morning sickness...

HTH
Wow, this is great info! Thanks! I am past the first trimester, but I had the protein aversion too during the first tri. And I had signs of low stomach acid, too, which I "treated" with sauerkraut, but my sauerkraut wasn't ready until the second trimester anyway, so it was hard to tell whether it would have improved with the sauerkraut during the first trimester or not.

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.
 

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

mbravebird is offline  
#70 of 329 Old 06-07-2009, 07:34 PM
 
pampered_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Somewhere short of crazy
Posts: 4,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
Lol Same thing with the peeing...I got up at 5 today. Question for you all: I bought a coconut milk drink thing that I have been using with cereal (I know, I know but I need something in my belly and this seems to stay down) But the milk is fortified with Vit A. I get about 7,000 iu from CLO and I also take raw liver pills. As a general rule I avoid anything fortified with vit a, but man is this stuff hitting the spot right now. Should I be concerned about my intake of the synthetic vit a? It says it contains 10% of the daily value.
I assume you're talking about the one from Turtle Mountain? It's got a synthetic vit a added (at least wiki says vit a palmitate is synthetic) so I suppose it would depend on how bioavailable it was to your body.

Wilderness Family Naturals has a couple of different coconut milk products too. They have a coconut milk in tetra paks and coconut milk powder. Neither of them are fortified in any way. I've never had the one in the tetra pak, but love the coconut milk powder. You can mix it up with some warm water in a canning jar and then put it in the fridge. It tastes quite a bit more coconutty than the stuff from Turtle Mountain, but it's still very tasty. I much prefer it to the canned stuff.

That being said, I'm just glad there is a non-dairy milk option out there that doesn't have added oils!

Finally found a few recipes that sounded appetizing to me which is a good thing considering how many refined carbohydrates I've had in these first few weeks of pregnancy. I'm in the second tri now (gosh it's going fast) so hopefully things will get a bit easier now.

MomToEmerson - I can relate to the Taco Bell thing. We had a taco salad and southwestern beans and rice thing tonight that hit the spot, though. :0)
pampered_mom is offline  
#71 of 329 Old 06-07-2009, 08:16 PM
 
cahwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampered_mom View Post
I assume you're talking about the one from Turtle Mountain? It's got a synthetic vit a added (at least wiki says vit a palmitate is synthetic) so I suppose it would depend on how bioavailable it was to your body.

Wilderness Family Naturals has a couple of different coconut milk products too. They have a coconut milk in tetra paks and coconut milk powder. Neither of them are fortified in any way. I've never had the one in the tetra pak, but love the coconut milk powder. You can mix it up with some warm water in a canning jar and then put it in the fridge. It tastes quite a bit more coconutty than the stuff from Turtle Mountain, but it's still very tasty. I much prefer it to the canned stuff.

That being said, I'm just glad there is a non-dairy milk option out there that doesn't have added oils!

Finally found a few recipes that sounded appetizing to me which is a good thing considering how many refined carbohydrates I've had in these first few weeks of pregnancy. I'm in the second tri now (gosh it's going fast) so hopefully things will get a bit easier now.

MomToEmerson - I can relate to the Taco Bell thing. We had a taco salad and southwestern beans and rice thing tonight that hit the spot, though. :0)
Yep thats the one. I decided to try and go without it- that is once it runs out. lol I can only eat so much so I am going to try and make it something better than rice cereal with fortified milk. I do buy canned coconut milk and use that frequently, but I was wanting something more like rice milk to go on cereal (well real milk actually but since that is definitly not going to happen...). I found an ice cream by the same company and it only contains coconut milk, avage syrup, carob, and vanilla and it is sooooo good. I can't really find anything wrong with it so... I haven't had ice cream in over 2 years so it has been a real treat!

I'm about halfway through real food for mothers and babies and it is inspiring me to really eat well. For some reason I think it actually made the foods sound more appealing. I actually got my butt out the door saturday morning to get to the farmers market. : On the other hand reading real food is making me feel so inadaquate b/c I can't have any dairy, eggs, or chocolate. I really hope I am not lacking in things.

I *think* I might be getting passed the morning sickness too. I has been a couple days without so knock on wood!
cahwilson is offline  
#72 of 329 Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 PM
 
Carliegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in a cozy little nest in Stamford,CT
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Such a great thread ladies. I'm hoping to start TTC my third in August so I'm working on stocking up my nutritional reserves in prep for baby-making. You all are so inspiring! I'm enjoying listening in! I hope you all make fabulously healthy little ones!

Livin' the good life here in Connecticut with my DH hug2.gif and our three fabulous boys grouphug.gif(4/3/06, 2/4/08 and 5/20/10) Hoping to try for Sweet Baby #4 in December! blowkiss.gif

Carliegirl is offline  
#73 of 329 Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 AM
 
ememers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm re-reading this thread more thoroughly now that I'm in the club.

I'm only 4 weeks, no m/s or food aversions yet, so I'm staying hopeful about keeping up my TF eating habits and will remain so until (if) I'm presented with obstacles.

Good luck ladies!

Mama to DS1 wave.gif (born at 32.5 weeks in Dec 2009) and DS2 and DS3 angel2.gif angel2.gif (born at 23 weeks in Oct 2013). 
ememers is offline  
#74 of 329 Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 AM
 
~Shanna~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Stumbling from knowing to doing
Posts: 2,828
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm here too, I just found you! 24 weeks pg here.

I just noticed on Saturday I'm starting to get some dark pigmentation spots on my face - I know this is thought to be "normal", but any advice for what it's an indication of? I'm not diligent about the organ meats But I get plenty of CLO, fats and milk.
~Shanna~ is offline  
#75 of 329 Old 06-30-2009, 02:19 PM
 
newcastlemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: My happy place
Posts: 3,949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post
I'm here too, I just found you! 24 weeks pg here.

I just noticed on Saturday I'm starting to get some dark pigmentation spots on my face - I know this is thought to be "normal", but any advice for what it's an indication of? I'm not diligent about the organ meats But I get plenty of CLO, fats and milk.
I have read it was lack of B vitamins...

(Not part of club..but may be joining soon )

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

newcastlemama is offline  
#76 of 329 Old 06-30-2009, 02:44 PM
 
stilllearning85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kauai, HI
Posts: 639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still here too!!! I totally had something I was going to ask and then pregnancy brain took over and i have gone completely blank... wait for it... OH! Yeah, ok is there anyone who is a Tf preggy in southern colorado? I just moved to La Junta and am seeking anything TF/Pregnancy related to help me out and keep me occupied here! Thanks!
Other than that, doing well!
stilllearning85 is offline  
#77 of 329 Old 06-30-2009, 05:43 PM
 
DeepGreen29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Western WA
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 14 weeks! I'm in the Jan DDC too I have been doing O.K lately. Nausea is gone. I was taking B6 supp for it and it helped a ton, but I'm a lot better will food aversion and smells.

I have craved sardines lately, and other types of fatty fish. Yum

`Lorissa
Mama to ds 5, and a brand new Christmas Day baby 2009!
DeepGreen29 is offline  
#78 of 329 Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 PM
 
mbravebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had my baby, ladies! A boy, Sullivan Emmet, born June 18th, at home, after a 27 minute labor. My dh delivered, as the midwives were on the way still. They did deliver the placenta, and said it was very healthy looking, and the cord was nice and thick -- both indicators of good nutrition, I think. The boy is beautiful and healthy .

In addition to a TF diet (including all the normal falling off the wagon, especially during morning sickness), I drank nettle infusion and red raspberry leaf infusion, a quart of each a few times a week, increasing that to about a quart a day the last week before labor. I did that for mineral content and to help with labor (the RRL). Not sure if that's why I had such a quick labor, but it's worth mentioning.

I'm so grateful for knowing about TF these past few years and during pregnancy. My body just dealt so much better with everything. Those organ pills really helped, and STILL are helping, because my adrenals are getting really tired with the sleep deprivation. I can make it through with those pills and lots of naps.

I'm also doing extra magnesium and still doing the infusions postpartum, and my bleeding has been less and my oversupply/OALD has been better this time around, so far. (The magnesium is supposed to help with the oversupply/OALD, the infusions with bleeding).

Hope everyone has a wonderful pregnancy!

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.
 

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

mbravebird is offline  
#79 of 329 Old 07-01-2009, 07:50 AM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations Mbravebird!!!!::
I was wondering if you had your babe yet. Thought the time was soon. That is amazing that you had it so fast. Oh my, that gets me so excited because I am due soon and my midwife is almost an hour away. I wonder if I will have a quick labor. I do hope I get some time in the birth tub. Was your Dh prepared to deliver the baby by himself? Did you have any other kids around? We are planning on having my 2 yr old attend and no backup help for her. I feel so amazing this pregnancy that I could imagine a much quick and healthier labor.

How far were you wen you started drinking the RRL infusions? I tried in the beginning of the pregnancy, and it made me spot and contract every time, so I am holding off till I need it. Just nettles for me for now.
Koalamom is offline  
#80 of 329 Old 07-01-2009, 07:51 AM
 
SAmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post
I had my baby, ladies! A boy, Sullivan Emmet, born June 18th, at home, after a 27 minute labor. My dh delivered, as the midwives were on the way still. They did deliver the placenta, and said it was very healthy looking, and the cord was nice and thick -- both indicators of good nutrition, I think. The boy is beautiful and healthy .

In addition to a TF diet (including all the normal falling off the wagon, especially during morning sickness), I drank nettle infusion and red raspberry leaf infusion, a quart of each a few times a week, increasing that to about a quart a day the last week before labor. I did that for mineral content and to help with labor (the RRL). Not sure if that's why I had such a quick labor, but it's worth mentioning.

I'm so grateful for knowing about TF these past few years and during pregnancy. My body just dealt so much better with everything. Those organ pills really helped, and STILL are helping, because my adrenals are getting really tired with the sleep deprivation. I can make it through with those pills and lots of naps.

I'm also doing extra magnesium and still doing the infusions postpartum, and my bleeding has been less and my oversupply/OALD has been better this time around, so far. (The magnesium is supposed to help with the oversupply/OALD, the infusions with bleeding).

Hope everyone has a wonderful pregnancy!
Congratulations!! Wow, 27 minutes of labor, that is wild!

Enjoy your new little one!
SAmama is offline  
#81 of 329 Old 07-01-2009, 09:25 AM
 
becalive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post
I had my baby, ladies! A boy, Sullivan Emmet, born June 18th, at home, after a 27 minute labor.

Congratulations! and thanks for the advice. I am 30 weeks and I have been putting off getting some tea. So prehaps this is the motivation I need.
Hope everything continues to go well with your recovery.
becalive is offline  
#82 of 329 Old 07-02-2009, 12:35 AM
 
mbravebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Was your Dh prepared to deliver the baby by himself? Did you have any other kids around? We are planning on having my 2 yr old attend and no backup help for her. I feel so amazing this pregnancy that I could imagine a much quick and healthier labor.

How far were you wen you started drinking the RRL infusions? I tried in the beginning of the pregnancy, and it made me spot and contract every time, so I am holding off till I need it. Just nettles for me for now.
Bluebirdmama, I've thought of you, too, knowing you're doing infusions as well. I was in the second trimester when I started the RRL infusions. I also did about a cup of the regular tea, just for pleasure, a day. The RRL infusions would give me BH contractions, but no spotting, so I felt comfortable continuing it. Nettle infusion would also give me contractions in the second trimester, but not after that.

Our midwives prepared us for the possibility of a fast birth, and told us what to do, but honestly in the moment I think most of it was instinct. Dh did amazingly -- he looked for the cord when the head came out, saw it around the neck, and loosened it, all without saying anything to me! Bless him. Then he helped guide the babe onto the bed with the last contraction, we unwrapped the cord the rest of the way, and we all snuggled down, giddy and in love with the babe and one another.

My five year old was there, and we too had planned to not have extra care for him, except as backup if it turned out he needed it. He did great -- he went in the closet when it got "too loud", and then dh guided him to a room down the hall where he could see what was happening in our room, but still have space from the noise. When the head emerged his dad called to him, and he came running and looked and said "wow, neat!", and then went back down the hall during the next contraction. Then, when he saw the baby was out, he came running back and we all got on the bed together.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well, and I'm so glad you're feeling so great this time around. I had the same experience -- I just really felt like I was thriving by the end of the pregnancy. I was also doing acupuncture the last six weeks, which I think was really helpful. All best to you and everyone on here!!

Becalive, 30 weeks is plenty of time, I think. And I did the tea, but I also did the infusion, which is a stronger brew than the tea, about a cup of herb to a quart of water, covered and steeped for 2-4 hours. Enjoy!!

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.
 

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

mbravebird is offline  
#83 of 329 Old 07-02-2009, 06:01 AM
 
bluebell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post
I had my baby, ladies! A boy, Sullivan Emmet, born June 18th, at home, after a 27 minute labor. My dh delivered, as the midwives were on the way still. They did deliver the placenta, and said it was very healthy looking, and the cord was nice and thick -- both indicators of good nutrition, I think. The boy is beautiful and healthy .

In addition to a TF diet (including all the normal falling off the wagon, especially during morning sickness), I drank nettle infusion and red raspberry leaf infusion, a quart of each a few times a week, increasing that to about a quart a day the last week before labor. I did that for mineral content and to help with labor (the RRL). Not sure if that's why I had such a quick labor, but it's worth mentioning.

I'm so grateful for knowing about TF these past few years and during pregnancy. My body just dealt so much better with everything. Those organ pills really helped, and STILL are helping, because my adrenals are getting really tired with the sleep deprivation. I can make it through with those pills and lots of naps.

I'm also doing extra magnesium and still doing the infusions postpartum, and my bleeding has been less and my oversupply/OALD has been better this time around, so far. (The magnesium is supposed to help with the oversupply/OALD, the infusions with bleeding).

Hope everyone has a wonderful pregnancy!

oh wow! CONGRATULATIONS! thats amazing thanks for letting us know. i'm a bit worried that things are going to be faster this time around as my midwife is about 1 hour away!

what organ pills and how much are you taking?

dd 07/07/03 : ds born 07/09/09 :
bluebell is offline  
#84 of 329 Old 07-02-2009, 06:10 AM
 
bluebell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post
Bluebirdmama, I've thought of you, too, knowing you're doing infusions as well. I was in the second trimester when I started the RRL infusions. I also did about a cup of the regular tea, just for pleasure, a day. The RRL infusions would give me BH contractions, but no spotting, so I felt comfortable continuing it. Nettle infusion would also give me contractions in the second trimester, but not after that.

Our midwives prepared us for the possibility of a fast birth, and told us what to do, but honestly in the moment I think most of it was instinct. Dh did amazingly -- he looked for the cord when the head came out, saw it around the neck, and loosened it, all without saying anything to me! Bless him. Then he helped guide the babe onto the bed with the last contraction, we unwrapped the cord the rest of the way, and we all snuggled down, giddy and in love with the babe and one another.

My five year old was there, and we too had planned to not have extra care for him, except as backup if it turned out he needed it. He did great -- he went in the closet when it got "too loud", and then dh guided him to a room down the hall where he could see what was happening in our room, but still have space from the noise. When the head emerged his dad called to him, and he came running and looked and said "wow, neat!", and then went back down the hall during the next contraction. Then, when he saw the baby was out, he came running back and we all got on the bed together.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well, and I'm so glad you're feeling so great this time around. I had the same experience -- I just really felt like I was thriving by the end of the pregnancy. I was also doing acupuncture the last six weeks, which I think was really helpful. All best to you and everyone on here!!

Becalive, 30 weeks is plenty of time, I think. And I did the tea, but I also did the infusion, which is a stronger brew than the tea, about a cup of herb to a quart of water, covered and steeped for 2-4 hours. Enjoy!!
thanks so much for posting this, it all sounds so wonderful. i also have a 5 yr old soon to be 6 and we are planning on not having anyone else with her she dosn't want to actually see the birth but she might have a peak so its great to hear that your 5yr old thought it was 'neat'!

i'm doing the nettle infusions most days i'll have 2 cups, but now i'm 32 weeks i'll start with the RRL infusions. how many cups of that did you drink a day? i did it as tea last time with dd which i did enjoy, but i guess the infusion is a better choice now. can you do nettle and RRL on the same days or should they be seperate days?

like you and bluebirdmama1 i'm feeling so much better this time around last time with dd i was surviving on sugar and caffeine!! and making everything so much worse!! this time its all so different, i'm not exhausted even though we are having a heatwave in england. i'm loving eating TF the only not so good thing i'm craving is homemade lemonade as its so refreshing in the heat so i have to find a way to make it without refined sugar! i'm just having the odd anxious moment but i think its because its getting closer to the due date and might be moving soon!

congratualations to all of you your DH sounds like he was fantastic at delivering the baby, i'd hope that my dp would be as calm as yours if it comes to it! thank you so much for posting it was wonderful to read.

dd 07/07/03 : ds born 07/09/09 :
bluebell is offline  
#85 of 329 Old 07-03-2009, 08:00 AM
 
SAmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am joining and I am needing to do something about morning sickness. Bluebirdmama, I don't know anything about homeopathy. What strengths do I need for those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
If you are actually throwing up all the time, I would take Nux Vomica, a few doses a day for several days, and then switch to pulsatilla, a couple doses a day for a week. Great stuff. I am serious, it really works. The bottles are like 6 buck and the best money ever spent.

And I know that the small amount of lactose doesn't even bother my dairy sensitive dd. Not sure how sensitive you are.
SAmama is offline  
#86 of 329 Old 07-03-2009, 11:08 AM
 
mbravebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,996
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
what organ pills and how much are you taking?
Dr. Ron's Organ Blend is what I'm taking, because it has adrenal support in the mix, along with liver and heart and brain and such. It is pricey, so in my normal life I would just do actual raw liver, frozen and cut up into pill-size chunks, but for pregnancy I needed the extra adrenal support. It was definitely worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
i'm doing the nettle infusions most days i'll have 2 cups, but now i'm 32 weeks i'll start with the RRL infusions. how many cups of that did you drink a day? i did it as tea last time with dd which i did enjoy, but i guess the infusion is a better choice now. can you do nettle and RRL on the same days or should they be seperate days?

like you and bluebirdmama1 i'm feeling so much better this time around last time with dd i was surviving on sugar and caffeine!! and making everything so much worse!! this time its all so different, i'm not exhausted even though we are having a heatwave in england. i'm loving eating TF the only not so good thing i'm craving is homemade lemonade as its so refreshing in the heat so i have to find a way to make it without refined sugar! i'm just having the odd anxious moment but i think its because its getting closer to the due date and might be moving soon!
I drank varying amounts of each infusion, just because sometimes I would get my butt in gear to make it and sometimes not. I drank on average 2 quarts a week of both, and I would stretch it out over a few days each time. So, 1-2 cups a day? But then there would also be breaks of several days, I know. I didn't stress too much about it, just tried to do it regularly. Do be prepared, though, for the RRL, at infusion strength, to be a bit bitter.

I know people say its best to switch weeks between each herb, but I found I did best with doing both.

So glad you're feeling better than last time! Oooh, lemonade. Will rapadura do the trick to replace the sugar??

Chocolate was my thing this pregnancy. I just decided it was a separate food group and gave myself servings each day. I found some bars with beet sugar, which seemed to feel better in my body than refined.

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.
 

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

mbravebird is offline  
#87 of 329 Old 07-03-2009, 08:32 PM
 
Koalamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAmama View Post
So I am joining and I am needing to do something about morning sickness. Bluebirdmama, I don't know anything about homeopathy. What strengths do I need for those?
It would be beneficial to see a homeopath, or have a midwife that has a knowledge it or that is supportive of you using it. My mother is a homeopath so I guess that would be lucky. There is a bunch of other remedies that may be for you, but those 2 are very basic and seem to work for many people.

You may be able to find 30c at your HFS, but 6x will work. You just may need more doses.

Also I found that homeopathy worked great if I took a digestive enzyme too with each meal.
Koalamom is offline  
#88 of 329 Old 07-04-2009, 02:07 AM
 
SAmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
It would be beneficial to see a homeopath, or have a midwife that has a knowledge it or that is supportive of you using it. My mother is a homeopath so I guess that would be lucky. There is a bunch of other remedies that may be for you, but those 2 are very basic and seem to work for many people.

You may be able to find 30c at your HFS, but 6x will work. You just may need more doses.

Also I found that homeopathy worked great if I took a digestive enzyme too with each meal.
Thank you! I am in rural China, so not going to find a homeopath here. I read up about it some. Will research it some more. But I need to get it sent here as soon as possible, so wanted something to start with.
SAmama is offline  
#89 of 329 Old 07-04-2009, 11:10 AM
 
Junegoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 892
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two things...

First, my daughter was six when she accidentally witnessed the birth of her little brother. We were NOT planning on having her there, although she did attend the hospital's weird big sibling "class" on birth. The plan was to have my dh take her to the waiting room, since both of them wanted to NOT be present. (I'd had an unassisted home birth go very badly and dh terrified.) I was going to have a doula with me, since the hospital oddly required there to be a support person in the room. Well... dh forgot to call the doula when my water broke (she'd been there for early labor, but went home when things stalled out) and she lived 2 hours away. She managed to get there about 5 minutes after my son was born. My poor daughter was hiding under a table the whole time, and the nurses were so worried about her that they called a child therapist (luckily one we'd worked with before after our first son died). It wasn't a bad birth at all, in my opinion. My son did get stuck, but it was less than 2 minutes, and while there was probably a lot of tension in the room, it had a happy ending. My daughter refuses to talk about it AT ALL, but that's not all that unusual for her. I will forever wonder if that experience is why she hates her brother.
Just suggesting that people consider it carefully.

Also wanted to say how much I love Dr. Ron's Organ Delight. I've been taking it for about 3 months now, and have felt pretty darn good so far. Didnt' need my usual first trimester naps. Which is good, because with a 4-year-old, I wasn't going to get any.

SAHM of Kayla (11/98) Hunter (8/03) Jo (1/04) : Jared (2/05) Camelia (12/07) Hope/Chance (11/08) and Jack (12/09)
Junegoddess is offline  
#90 of 329 Old 07-04-2009, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter
 
Leilalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 7,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post
I had my baby, ladies! A boy, Sullivan Emmet, born June 18th, at home, after a 27 minute labor. My dh delivered, as the midwives were on the way still. They did deliver the placenta, and said it was very healthy looking, and the cord was nice and thick -- both indicators of good nutrition, I think. The boy is beautiful and healthy .

In addition to a TF diet (including all the normal falling off the wagon, especially during morning sickness), I drank nettle infusion and red raspberry leaf infusion, a quart of each a few times a week, increasing that to about a quart a day the last week before labor. I did that for mineral content and to help with labor (the RRL). Not sure if that's why I had such a quick labor, but it's worth mentioning.

I'm so grateful for knowing about TF these past few years and during pregnancy. My body just dealt so much better with everything. Those organ pills really helped, and STILL are helping, because my adrenals are getting really tired with the sleep deprivation. I can make it through with those pills and lots of naps.

I'm also doing extra magnesium and still doing the infusions postpartum, and my bleeding has been less and my oversupply/OALD has been better this time around, so far. (The magnesium is supposed to help with the oversupply/OALD, the infusions with bleeding).

Hope everyone has a wonderful pregnancy!
congrats!!!!!!!!

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
.
Leilalu is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off