Is there a current pregnant WAPF mamas thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2009, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

or should we start one?

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2009, 11:29 PM

Congratulations!!:

I think all the threads have petered out. Start one!! I can't promise I'll post all the time, but I'm here!!

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

Old 05-20-2009, 02:37 AM

I will join in. And hopefully this time around, I can stay all nine months

Paula, wife to Steve, mother hen to 38 , busy doing : TTC after 6
Old 05-20-2009, 09:38 AM

Many congrats Paula!!!!

I am due in mid Nov. Finally starting to feel better after a tired and blah first trimester. I am GF/CF. Trying to start eating my liver again! I know I need it but have been icked out since about 6 wks prego!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah Paula!:

I know we had several mini threads started in the past, but I have no idea where they are.
I am 29 weeks along!!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:41 PM

OOh, I'd like to join. I'm just about 5 weeks pregnant.

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM

I am 6 months pregnant and have only discovered Weston Price in the last couple of months. So its been an adventure. But my cravings are low. sugar intake fairly low. due to the fact I know to eat more fat now. how about that
Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM

Yes, start a thread! I was pregnant last year too so it will be even more important for me to eat a nutrient dense diet this time around. Right now I'm struggling with finding food that sounds good to eat because I'm so nauseous.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 AM

I just had my 12 week scan a few hours ago - wow there really is a baby in there! A very active and uncooperative baby at that!

Now I know it's for real, I'll have to really try for the nutrient dense foods. Trouble is, I can think what they are. Can we make a list? Then we can all refer to them when we get the munchies - it might help to resist the chocolate.

So I know nuts are supposed to be good (but I'm allergic), raw dairy, liver, broccoli (?), oily fish, butter, wholegrain bread (?)....... any other ideas?
Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 AM

I'm here - even though my diet lately has been less TF than ideal... a little too much white flour lately.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 AM

i used to hang out here, but im just now (21 weeks...) starting to be able to cook again. i havent been able to eat much the last couple of months, and i am still queezy most of the time. BUT, i did make a couple of gallons of chicken/lamb stock the other day for the first time in months.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:41 PM

hi everyone! i'm here too - glad there's a new thread. i'm now 26 weeks and pretty much mostly TF. since becoming pregnant i stopped being grainfree as i felt i needed the carbs, but i'm with cristeen i'm now having a little too much white flour as i'm buying my sourdough that is made with organic unbleached white flour as the rye sourdough isn't doing it for me!! even though i only have a couple of slices per day i am struggling to stop buying it now!

dd 07/07/03 : ds born 07/09/09 :
Old 05-21-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
hi everyone! i'm here too - glad there's a new thread. i'm now 26 weeks and pretty much mostly TF. since becoming pregnant i stopped being grainfree as i felt i needed the carbs, but i'm with cristeen i'm now having a little too much white flour as i'm buying my sourdough that is made with organic unbleached white flour as the rye sourdough isn't doing it for me!! even though i only have a couple of slices per day i am struggling to stop buying it now!
I know what you mean. I was into the bagels and cream cheese for awhile there. : Luckily my hubby has trying to go gluten free so we don't do many/if any gluten products at home at least.
I've had some leg cramps lately I think this weekend calls for a good epsom salt soak.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becalive View Post
I've had some leg cramps lately I think this weekend calls for a good epsom salt soak.
Ugh.

I was getting those daily early on in the pregnancy. I added a smoothie with a banana to my daily regimen and they went away after about a week.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

Old 05-22-2009, 10:27 AM

thanks for the idea on the smoothies I'll have to try it.

is anyone drinknig raw gotats milk or cow? I get raw cow milk every 2 weeks. I wish I could get it every week, but I can not afford the expense. I do have a supply of raw goats milk and was thinking of supplementing the other week with goats milk.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becalive View Post
is anyone drinknig raw gotats milk or cow? I get raw cow milk every 2 weeks. I wish I could get it every week, but I can not afford the expense. I do have a supply of raw goats milk and was thinking of supplementing the other week with goats milk.
Oh, I loved raw goat milk... in my opinion it tastes way better (creamier) than cow milk. *sigh* I'm allergic to it, too... but I remember really loving it.

SAHM of Kayla (11/98) Hunter (8/03) Jo (1/04) : Jared (2/05) Camelia (12/07) Hope/Chance (11/08) and Jack (12/09)
Old 05-22-2009, 02:21 PM

I get raw cow (it's available at WF here). I wish I had a source for raw goat, but I'm lucky if I can find goat that isn't UP.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:35 PM

DH and I go through, get this, 2 gallons of raw milk and 3 quarts of raw cream per week
Since I am a co-op head, our milk is technicaly free after I get my payment share.

Yesterday, the milk tasted wonderful. Today, out of the same jar, its wonderful. But, everytime I burp, I taste cow

Add to that, I have decided I need to switch to clo capsules, cause burping it is horrible. I don't even want to think about puking it up

Paula, wife to Steve, mother hen to 38 , busy doing : TTC after 6
Old 05-22-2009, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
About burping the CLO, I burp it up if I take it early in the day now that I am pregnant, but if I take it around dinner, I am fine. Strange. (I take blue ice brand)

I do not think that it is strange to go through 2 gallons of milk. Dh works on an organic dairy farm an we go through more than that a week. It is free too. I think that if I had to pay for it I may be a bit careful about how much I drink. I love raw milk, but my 2 yr old refuses to drink it and only likes it plain 24 hour cultured.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

ok, you can tell I'm out of it- I forgot I started this thread:

I'm glad to see there are a lot of us here!

Is anyone reading or has read Nina Planks book- Real Food For Mother and Baby? I just bought it and am almost through. I like it, because it helps me remember the scientific(nutrient) reasons I eat the way I do. I tend to forget what food has what nutrient but I know I need them...

I like her no-nonsense approach. And the part about not NEEDING to eat in the first trimester although I wish she had info about nursing during pregnancy. I find myself starving and have to eat to eat to stay afloat with chasing 3 kids and nursing one.

I also have Adelle Davis's book. I guess this time around I am getting serious about cutting WAY back on carbs, sugar and focusing on the real foods each day. For awhile I got into a lot of bread making but I don't think it was good for me- too much anyway. I also need to avoid swelling because a large family+me swollen on the couch would not be good! I also do not really have very many symptoms except for fatigue and nausea if I do not eat.

Glad to hear how everyone is doing!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junegoddess View Post
Oh, I loved raw goat milk... in my opinion it tastes way better (creamier) than cow milk. *sigh* I'm allergic to it, too... but I remember really loving it.
yes,there was a dairy here that sold raw goats milk for a while- best stuff EVER. Nothing like the cooked stuff. Too bad they are only allowed to make cheese now
I grew up with raw goats milk as a child because my mom made friends with a local farmer

Old 05-30-2009, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
Ugh.

I was getting those daily early on in the pregnancy. I added a smoothie with a banana to my daily regimen and they went away after about a week.
what do you put in a smoothie? I recently got organic maca root powder and find it makes for a great smoothie. Usually I make it with frozen fruit, that and yogurt or kefir. And I add diatomaceous earth sometimes and coconut oil.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:50 PM

Hi! I am 37.5 weeks pregnant and trying to follow a WAPF diet, although it has been a huge struggle for me this pregnancy. I do drink at least 4 glasses of raw cow's milk, 0.5 ounces of liver, grass-fed beef (most days), CLO, and a stick of butter per day. I really slack off on vegetables and barely eat grains, though. I sometimes forget to soak the grains that I do eat.

I am also nursing my 3 year-old, which has been really difficult. I now think that I will wait a lot longer between pregnancies if we decide to have a third!

I get leg cramps unless I have at least 4 glasses of milk per day - plus some soaked almonds. I can actually feel throughout the day if I need to drink more milk or eat more almonds.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilalu View Post
I like her no-nonsense approach. And the part about not NEEDING to eat in the first trimester although I wish she had info about nursing during pregnancy. I find myself starving and have to eat to eat to stay afloat with chasing 3 kids and nursing one.
I've read a little bit of the new Nina Planck book (too caught up re-reading the entire Twilight series right now... LOL) and I remember snorting out loud at that part. It's so cute. I guess it's true for some people. I always eat like a horse for the first trimester (and second, and third, come to think of it.. hee hee) and usually lose 5-10 pounds in the process. No idea why. I don't throw up at all. I find that food keeps the nausea away for a bit. And I'm just plain HUNGRY.

I've been eating way too many carby things so far. My blood sugars are already "bad" according to their weird rules... they'd be ok if I weren't pregnant, but now that I am, I suddenly need to be hypoglycemic. But, especially last night, the only thing that sounded good was mashed potatoes. I ate a heaping pile of them. I made myself choke down some of the sausage and cabbage, too... but I just wanted really salty, buttery mashed potatoes.

I hope I even out in a few weeks, so I can start going moderately low-carb. I do NOT want to be put on insulin. It goes against everything I believe I know about metabolism. I wish someone would test my fasting insulin level, as I am sure I have plenty of my own. It just doesn't work. Ah, well... eating less carbs will mean less need for insulin. I should have been doing this years ago....

I do want to say, I've been taking Dr. Ron's Organ Delight, and I'm feeling pretty darn good. I had gotten hit by the first trimester sleepies, and was needing TWO naps a day, which is really hard with a clingy, energetic 4-yo. My Organ Delight capsules arrived, and I actually got really worried because the sleepies were gone. I thought I was miscarrying. But I saw a heartbeat on the ultrasound last Thursday, and I'm still good and queasy... just not so darn tired. Good stuff!

SAHM of Kayla (11/98) Hunter (8/03) Jo (1/04) : Jared (2/05) Camelia (12/07) Hope/Chance (11/08) and Jack (12/09)
Old 05-31-2009, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I've read a little bit of the new Nina Planck book (too caught up re-reading the entire Twilight series right now... LOL) and I remember snorting out loud at that part. It's so cute. I guess it's true for some people. I always eat like a horse for the first trimester (and second, and third, come to think of it.. hee hee) and usually lose 5-10 pounds in the process. No idea why. I don't throw up at all. I find that food keeps the nausea away for a bit. And I'm just plain HUNGRY.

I've been eating way too many carby things so far. My blood sugars are already "bad" according to their weird rules... they'd be ok if I weren't pregnant, but now that I am, I suddenly need to be hypoglycemic. But, especially last night, the only thing that sounded good was mashed potatoes. I ate a heaping pile of them. I made myself choke down some of the sausage and cabbage, too... but I just wanted really salty, buttery mashed potatoes.

I hope I even out in a few weeks, so I can start going moderately low-carb. I do NOT want to be put on insulin. It goes against everything I believe I know about metabolism. I wish someone would test my fasting insulin level, as I am sure I have plenty of my own. It just doesn't work. Ah, well... eating less carbs will mean less need for insulin. I should have been doing this years ago....

I do want to say, I've been taking Dr. Ron's Organ Delight, and I'm feeling pretty darn good. I had gotten hit by the first trimester sleepies, and was needing TWO naps a day, which is really hard with a clingy, energetic 4-yo. My Organ Delight capsules arrived, and I actually got really worried because the sleepies were gone. I thought I was miscarrying. But I saw a heartbeat on the ultrasound last Thursday, and I'm still good and queasy... just not so darn tired. Good stuff!

I need to cut way back on carbs as well. I already have been and feel really great. I have more energy. I do crave salty stuff like eggs and salt and butter or baked potatoes. Salty fish, etc. I sort of calm myself with the idea that I can eat MORE if I stay in the fats and proteins mostly.

I need to get the organ stuff you are taking. I keep forgetting to order some! I know my thyroid needs help. And I am not sure if I want to do Armour when I can get better stuff. I am going to be getting lots of organ meat this summer with a split half we are getting from a local farmer so I wonder if that would help me too-enough to avoid the processed pig glands

Yes, I thought it was cute too about how she couldn't make herself eat. if I go 3 hours I am hurting.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:11 PM

Hi!
i am here too!!! chewing on a large peice of grassfed steak, so only typing with one hand!

i have been eating waaay too many carbs too! what is up with that? way more than pre-preggo.... also keep "forgetting" to take my CLO... ooops, need to get on that! yay to all us pregnant ladies!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:09 PM

I had a completely horrible weekend in terms of eating. ate at a buffet, drank pepsi and ate potato chips. :| then last night my stomach felt so sick. I got up to take some avc.............. its so hard going over other peoples houses when you are hungry and thats all they have. so starting today I am in recovery mode.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Dr. Ron's Organ Delight has saved me this pregnancy. I have adrenal issues, and adrenals are really used during pregnancy (by the third trimester you're making about three times as much cortisol as normal), so I was starting to show signs of adrenal fatigue again, after having done a lot of successful recovery in the past few years. I had a really rough end of-first and beginning-of-second trimester, adrenal-wise, and finally ordered the pills for adrenal support, and immediately felt the difference. I like that they also have liver, brain, and heart, because I know that's helping too with baby-growing.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I started feeling hugely better with the addition of those pills. I don't take them every day, because they're so expensive, but I take them when I haven't gotten enough sleep and start to see adrenal symptoms, or when I just feel I need the extra support. Those pills are basically the only way I can deal with lost sleep. They're a lifesaver.

I had the carb-craving during my first trimester too. It got better by the second, although I still get a little funny around chicken and sometimes liver.

ETA: I'm 37.5 weeks! Wow, it went fast!

Mama to two sweet boys, a 7yo superhero.gif and a toddler coolshine.gif.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

Old 06-01-2009, 02:14 PM

I just ordered some Organ Delight thanks to your recommendations ladies. I had some liver, but at first I had a huge huge aversion and was just getting over it. Well, then yesterday my freezer got left partially open and all my beautiful and very expensive grassfed livers are ruined. Thankfully my 21 grassfed chickens still left were saveable(and all currently cooking). Got some fermented clo while I was at it as I had ran out !

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
I just ordered some Organ Delight thanks to your recommendations ladies. I had some liver, but at first I had a huge huge aversion and was just getting over it. Well, then yesterday my freezer got left partially open and all my beautiful and very expensive grassfed livers are ruined. Thankfully my 21 grassfed chickens still left were saveable(and all currently cooking). Got some fermented clo while I was at it as I had ran out !

!!!!!All 21 of them? WOW

User Tag List