Mothering Forum banner

Help me with lunch for me and 3 kids.

411 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  carlychan 
#1 ·
I am fairly new to the mothering.com forums but not mothering mag. I homeschool the kids and need some ideas for lunches. It seems we are always looking for something for lunch and often are out and about so end up eating crap. My kids are 10, 6, almost 2, and 10 months. The baby is covered...I make her food. The 2 year old usually eats lunch meat, cheese, and a fruit (with milk or water). That is his standard. Me and the older boys are the major problem. Here are some ideas I have. I am going to make a list (or little laminated booklet) for the kids to pick what they want to eat for lunch. I need ideas for quick lunches (under 1/2 hour) and lunches to take with us on the go.

We always have a fruit with lunch. I should include a veggie, too. That is easy. The "main dish" is what stumps me.

Meat and cheese sandwiches
PB&J sandwiches
Quesadilla with cheese
Quesadilla with meat and cheese
Quesadilla with egg
hard boiled egg
mini pita pizzas

That is about all I can think of. We usually end up eating crackers with meat and cheese. It is fine but boring. I need more variety. Please help us.
:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.