What do you think of the prmial diet? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2009, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Aajonus recommends raw bone marrow for teeth, both applied topically, he suggests warm raw bone marrow before going to sleep, as well as consumed. He told me to add it to raw sauces with raw meat. He also recommends raw butter, raw dairy and the flavor/antioxidant free fermented CLO.

I don't think he mentions this in any of his books, although it might be in one of his newsletters. I asked him this question specifically.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbin!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:17 PM

Oh, thank you for this!

Is there marrow that is better than others? I mean - we're speaking of raw marrow, I'm sure - I'm wondering if one animal is easier to extract marrow from than other...I'm suspecting the easiest FRESH marrow I can get is from grassfed cows. So I apply the marrow directly to the teeth then? And do I mix it with anything? Does it taste good? I've not had raw marrow yet. I'm not raw primal yet, so I've not tried anything other than random raw meats and raw liver.

I really am interested in becoming raw primal - I'm just sort of not sure how to start. We're on GAPS intro now, but my friend, the GAPS expert, says raw primal is just like raw GAPS. More dairy, perhaps, but otherwise pretty similar.

We just got some of the orange flavoured fermented CLO - I hope that's going to be okay for now, until we can get more. I figure getting it into him at all is better than not, and he does NOt like taking it off of the spoon.

Would ghee be okay? We're not to dairy just yet in our GAPs intro, but do use ghee and x-factor butter oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccomama View Post
Aajonus recommends raw bone marrow for teeth, both applied topically, he suggests warm raw bone marrow before going to sleep, as well as consumed. He told me to add it to raw sauces with raw meat. He also recommends raw butter, raw dairy and the flavor/antioxidant free fermented CLO.

I don't think he mentions this in any of his books, although it might be in one of his newsletters. I asked him this question specifically.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Oh, thank you for this!

Is there marrow that is better than others? I mean - we're speaking of raw marrow, I'm sure - I'm wondering if one animal is easier to extract marrow from than other...I'm suspecting the easiest FRESH marrow I can get is from grassfed cows. So I apply the marrow directly to the teeth then? And do I mix it with anything? Does it taste good? I've not had raw marrow yet. I'm not raw primal yet, so I've not tried anything other than random raw meats and raw liver.

I really am interested in becoming raw primal - I'm just sort of not sure how to start. We're on GAPS intro now, but my friend, the GAPS expert, says raw primal is just like raw GAPS. More dairy, perhaps, but otherwise pretty similar.

We just got some of the orange flavoured fermented CLO - I hope that's going to be okay for now, until we can get more. I figure getting it into him at all is better than not, and he does NOt like taking it off of the spoon.

Would ghee be okay? We're not to dairy just yet in our GAPs intro, but do use ghee and x-factor butter oil.
I believe he said the best source would be non-lactating females, obviously grass-fed! You can mix the raw marrow with raw sauces for meat, he offers many options in his book, The Recipe for Living Without Disease. Topically, he said to put the warm bone marrow on the gums, apply it last thing at night and then go to sleep. I haven't tried this yet, I plan to do this with my DS, but he is a little resistant, although he can usually be talked into things, and we haven't been able to get hold of any fresh marrow yet. Our source doesn't have it often.

The raw CLO is obviously more in keeping with the Primal Diet, Aajonus worked with Dave of Green Pastures to get him to produce it, but use what you have. The butter oil should be fine, I believe it is raw, but am not totally certain.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Would ghee be okay?
Making ghee involves heating the butter to remove the milk solids, so I think it would not be ok as is not raw. (I know almost NOTHING about the primal diet, but just caught this and thought I'd respond! Sorry if I'm incorrect!!!)

HTH!

Lauren, wife to my dear and mama to amazing River
I traditional foods
Old 09-23-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uccomama View Post
I believe he said the best source would be non-lactating females, obviously grass-fed! You can mix the raw marrow with raw sauces for meat, he offers many options in his book, The Recipe for Living Without Disease. Topically, he said to put the warm bone marrow on the gums, apply it last thing at night and then go to sleep. I haven't tried this yet, I plan to do this with my DS, but he is a little resistant, although he can usually be talked into things, and we haven't been able to get hold of any fresh marrow yet. Our source doesn't have it often.

The raw CLO is obviously more in keeping with the Primal Diet, Aajonus worked with Dave of Green Pastures to get him to produce it, but use what you have. The butter oil should be fine, I believe it is raw, but am not totally certain.
Yes, I have that book. I also want to get his first one - I am fascinated by his story of his son's recovery. I'll check into getting raw marrow. I think I can get it, but I haven't checked just yet. We shall see.

User Tag List