a "what did you eat today" tribe? (come on and join us!!!) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 129 Old 12-07-2009, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
today~ breakfast: scrambled eggs with ham, mushrooms and green onion cooked in butter and olive oil with sausage on the side and a little shredded cocnut to munch

lunch will be ham and cheese with pepperoni and an apple cut up

dinner will be beef stew with tomatoes and mushrooms in it and sour cream on top served with a gratin of broccoli and cauliflower.
#122 of 129 Old 12-07-2009, 06:54 PM

Breakfast 3 whole eggs scrambled in unsalted butter, coffee

Lunch probably natural pnut butter on whole wheat, apple, supplements

Dinner cabbage and beef stirfry with MUCH onion--love stirfried onions!!! over soaked basmati rice.

Married to my best friend mom to dd (16) , DSS (15) and expecting our LO after 6 years!
#123 of 129 Old 12-07-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagare View Post
Dinner cabbage and beef stirfry with MUCH onion--love stirfried onions!!! over soaked basmati rice.
Ohhh wow that sounds incredibly good. Is it as simple as it sounds? What do you put in it?

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#124 of 129 Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 PM

yep, it is really as easy as it sounds!

Asian Style Beef & Cabbage
1 lb ground beef
2 T sesame oil
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, sliced and I love to add a whole onion halved and sliced thin
1 bag cole slaw mix or shredded cabbage and carrots
1 T soy sauce
Crushed red pepper flakes or a teaspoon of that hot "chili garlic sauce" (the one with the rooster on it in the Asian aisle)
grated ginger (optional)

In a large skillet or wok, brown the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove the beef from the skillet, drain and set aside.

Heat sesame oil in the skillet over med-high heat. Add garlic and green onions; stir-fry for 2 min. Add slaw mix; stir-fry for a few minutes till it's soft. Add soy sauce, stir-fry for 2 min.

Return the cooked ground beef to skillet with vegetable mixture, and season with red pepper flakes, or add your chili garlic sauce and ginger. Stir until ingredients are well combined and heated through.

This is a versatile recipe, and since I happened to have sesame oil, ginger, chili sauce, etc. in the cupboard I made it Asian. If you want to make it Mexican you can use a different oil, add some cumin & chili powder, get rid of the soy sauce, and use some Chalula and cilantro.

**I love to toss in a couple big spoons of Black Bean Garlic Paste instead of the chili garlic sauce. Soooo yummy, makes a ton and really good over that basmati rice. This is our idea of 'fast food' cause it is done just as the rice is finished**

Married to my best friend mom to dd (16) , DSS (15) and expecting our LO after 6 years!
#125 of 129 Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 AM

Thanks bagare! That sounds great, I will definitely try it.

breakfast: omelette with spinach, shiitakes, and blue cheese, the rest of yesterday's porridge fried in butter

lunch: leftover soup and bread

snack: kidney beans in olive oil and balsamic vinegar

dinner: hash made of chicken from yesterday's broth, rutabaga, and potato, fried in ghee, roasted brussels sprouts, an apple

late night snack: sauteed smoked salmon and spinach on rye toast

Me treehugger.gif and DH caffix.gif and sweet baby DD heartbeat.gif born 08/2011.

#126 of 129 Old 12-08-2009, 03:00 PM

Breakfast-- left over stirfry meat/veggies. saving the rice for stir fried rice for lunch.

Lunch--see above Probably going to add onion to the fried rice. Fried rice today--onion, eggs, butter, soy sauce maybe a snick of the black bean paste--love that stuff!

Dinner--chili made with ground beef, 4 different kinds of beans, canned tomatoes, seasonings with cornbread or baked potatoes.

#127 of 129 Old 12-09-2009, 04:12 PM

Breakfast: Meatballs in red sauce, way too much coffee w/stevia. As per my usual.

Lunch: A little of this, a little of that. A few more bites of meatballs & sausage, carrot sticks, 1/2 banana, some coconut oil/almond butter balls.

Dinner: Roasted acorn squash with sage and rice (we do veg dinner Wed & Fri during advent), salad.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#128 of 129 Old 12-09-2009, 06:12 PM

breakfast: smoked salmon on rye, nettle infusion

snack: dried apricots

lunch: rest of the hash and brussels sprouts

snack: about a hundred grams of real feta

dinner: brown rice cooked in bone broth, black beans cooked with tomatoes and onions, delicious additive-free chorizo, an apple

#129 of 129 Old 12-10-2009, 12:28 AM

so far ~

b
- lemon/mint water
- bowl of blueberries

l
- handful brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup of bone broth with karengo seaweed and a little chicken

d-
thai green curry soup: shrimp, coconut milk, asian broccoli, green beans, carrots, fish sauce and bone broth

s
- raw yoghurt

finally midwife mama to my home-birthed nurslings: Noemi Sakura 16.10.07 & Seder Pádraig 13.7.09 and partner to their lovely daddy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page