Snack for girl scout troop - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-18-2009, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's DD's turn to bring snacks for her girl scout troop. The leader asked that the parents bring healthy snacks. So, what have the other mother's brought? Brownies and capri sun, loft house cookies with apple juice, quaker granola bars and juice boxes etc...

What the heck?

DD understands that we will be bringing healthy snacks but, she doesn't want to be seen as weird.

So, I need help. It's just a quick snack at the end of their meeting. Honestly, I don't even see why they need snacks - they can go home and get something to eat if they want. But, they do it so I need suggestions on something healthy but not weird.

I was thinking of making bean cookies?
http://juliewashere.blogspot.com/200...n-cookies.html

Too weird?

Any other suggestions?
#2 of 7 Old 11-18-2009, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
It's DD's turn to bring snacks for her girl scout troop. The leader asked that the parents bring healthy snacks. So, what have the other mother's brought? Brownies and capri sun, loft house cookies with apple juice, quaker granola bars and juice boxes etc...

What the heck?

DD understands that we will be bringing healthy snacks but, she doesn't want to be seen as weird.

So, I need help. It's just a quick snack at the end of their meeting. Honestly, I don't even see why they need snacks - they can go home and get something to eat if they want. But, they do it so I need suggestions on something healthy but not weird.

I was thinking of making bean cookies?
http://juliewashere.blogspot.com/200...n-cookies.html

Too weird?

Any other suggestions?
Aw mmmmmmmooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm...

Urg social pressure, ain't it wonderful.

I would do something healthy-ish and not stress.

Fruit kabobs half dipped in chocolate
cheese meat and veggies with homemade ranch dip
homemade granola trail mix (with chocolate chips, so as not to be TOTALLY healthy! )
soaked oatmeal raisin cookies
apple hand pies
fruit leather

just throwing out ideas off the top of my head, hth!

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#3 of 7 Old 11-18-2009, 07:26 AM

I like the fruit leather idea but I think a meat & cheese plate would be easier. Or you could just bring some berries, what kid doesn't like berries??
You could also try some unsweetened coconut mixed w/ fruit/nuts & some dark chocolate as a no-bake cookie.
#4 of 7 Old 11-18-2009, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
How many girls are in the troop? How about an apple each(88cents/lb at sprouts) and a small bottle of water?
Sprouts has oranges 3lbs for $1, you can send orange wedges and something to drink.
OHHHH pineapple is 97c each there too....

I see a small fruit plate for snacks at the troop meeting (and possibly for dinner at my house this weekend)

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#5 of 7 Old 11-18-2009, 05:58 PM

popcorn?

can't go wrong with fruit.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#6 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 12:04 PM

I too have been selected (once again) and I am feeling the pressure. I have been researching snack ideas for about a month since I signed up in 2013.

Last year I did fruit kabobs for snack. We were new to the troop and I wanted to do something fun. The kids loved them but my daughter hated the clean up so I am staying at this meeting to help her.

This time we are doing tortilla sandwiches. I will bring flour tortillas, meat, pre-sliced cheese and squeeze mayo and mustard. Each scout should be able to get 2 rolls and grab some fruit and enjoy a nice healthy snack.

Hope this helps but isn't it funny that we have more peer pressure in our kids activities than we did as teenagers? LOL

#7 of 7 Old 01-29-2014, 12:14 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Fruit filled muffins, like weelicious

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page