What should I be looking for in coconut oil? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 07-22-2010, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I too have been very confused. I've been trying one brand at a time from the local health food store. I'm making my way down the shelf of jars that say virgin CO, cold press, and like that. I saved the bottles as I went along. I'm not at home this week so I can't name names, but the gist of my testing so far:

Brands 1 & 2 were excellent in flavor, light coconut taste and could be used like butter. I could take these straight, by the Tbsp, to help suppress appetite when dinner was an hour away.

Brand 3 smelled and tasted horrible. I returned it to the store. Don't know if it was just a bad batch and was rancid, or if that brand is like that all the time. The woman tried to say it was just a "whole flavored CO" but that was nonsense, I know rancid when I taste/smell it. If I had tried that brand first, I never would have tried CO again.

Brand 4 was tasteless, oily, and made me nauseated when I took 1 Tbsp straight. Then I spent the entire morning running to the bathroom with the runs. It wasn't by chance: I tried it again the following week, same result. It makes a good purgative!

When I get home I can summarize the brands. I guess the point is to keep trying until you find a brand you like, before ordering by the gallon!
#62 of 63 Old 07-22-2010, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I've been using Tree of Life organic expellar pressed CO. I know it's not perfect in terms of the ideal CO, but I'm happy with it (and certainly it's got to be loads better than vegetable oil, right?) It's not as refined as the louanna type you can get at walmart and the like, and it has a very mild smell and flavor (still no coconutty though). I'm pretty happy with it, I used to make some deodorant and I've been using it in cooking, including baking.
#63 of 63 Old 07-22-2010, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have any of you heard of this? It is all natural and is an AMAZING super food.
www.reclaimcells.com

Watch the 9 minute ABC Prime Time investigative report on the first page. Then click on TrueTV and watch the 7 minute video with the Protandim bottle on it to see more on the clinical trials, universities involved etc. If you click around the TrueTV page and on other links on the site there is a wealth of information to be discovered!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page