Where do you buy your broth bones? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2010, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was using free range organic chicken but wanted to try a beef broth. Went to whole foods yesterday and they didn't have any grass fed organic meat with bones...!? They had frozen packs of "marrow bones" but there weren't even organic. The guy behind the counter told me that antibiotics etc don't get to the marrow so they are safe to use. I looked at them and they were being sold next to the pet food....hmmmmm...

What is your opinion on that and where do you get yours? Is there online options that will ship good broth bones to you?

TY!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 07:42 PM

I've had good luck with finding local grass fed meat (including soup bones!) at the farmer's markets. Another idea is to look on craigslist under the farm and garden section. Asking around might turn up something-that's how I found a friend of my brother who sells privately. There are also some online sources, maybe http://www.localharvest.org/ can help. Good luck, there's nothing like homemade broth!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:11 PM

I buy my meat bone-in, or I buy bones from the same butcher I buy my meat. I rarely buy meat from WF because their options are not local, and most of them aren't even grass-fed, just organic.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

User Tag List