help with st. pat's day meal - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-09-2010, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am new to cooking meat and was wondering if any of you expereicned st. patties day cooks could give me some help. I just ordered our cornedbeef about 4 - 5 lbs. I don't have a slow cooker but I do have a really nice cast iron french oven to cook it in. Now what do I do? I'm picking it up on Sat. Any suggestions for sides and deserts even drinks would be great.
Thank You
#2 of 3 Old 03-09-2010, 11:34 PM

I don't know how TF this is but the only way I cook my corned beef is with my pressure cooker. I'll cook it for an hour, let it depressurize naturally (15 minutes or so) and then remove the meat and add the veggies to the pot with the juices still in it and cook for 5-10 minutes til the veggies are tender. I add in cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and turnips.

I'm going to attemt to brine my own corned beef this year thanks to The Nourished Kitchen!

Liz, Air Force wife, mommy to 3 kiddos.

#3 of 3 Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 PM

wanting to do my first this year, too.

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page