Anyone gotten odd labs after starting cultured foods? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-30-2010, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak

Wondering if anyone's ever had odd blood work come back after beginning cultured foods... specifically high eosinophils. My WBC is fine, but the ratio of eosinophils is way off. I've been tested for lots of stuff at this point for an ongoing GI issue. The onset was right around the time I began adding these foods and drinks. Water kefir, and cultured veggies mostly.

I'm under a physician's care for this, FYI. It just seems like the sort of thing standard allopathic models aren't knowledgeable about. INS won't cover a naturopath and we can't afford it right now.

Ring any bells at all? Thanks mamas.

Vanessa - aspiring Traditional Foods momma of Graham & Margot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-30-2010, 01:12 PM

High eosinophils can indicate an ongoing allergic reaction. My daughter's blood tests come back with high eosinophils because she's allergic to just about every kind of critter. Since we have an elderly cat and many of our friends and neighbors have pets, even when we reduce her direct exposure as much as possible, she's still experiencing a near-constant low level exposure to her allergens just by walking out the front door -- hence the constant level of high eosinophils.
#3 of 3 Old 05-19-2012, 06:09 PM

A recent odd, high eosinophil test sent me searching for any related instances from other observations...and yes! A month and a half ago I began a regimen of kefir everyday. A month and a half later I had high eosinophils with acute abdominal pain and gut-wrenching intestinal cramps. It is the only addition to my diet that has changed in the last 90 days. Saying so long to the kefir in hopes for some normalcy. Hope this helps and you're feeling better!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page