Going Paleo/Primal/Grain-free in MAY!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm starting properly today. I haven't stopped drinking the sweet tea, but that is all the sugar I intend to have each day. I find it relatively eaasy cutting out grains which is always good!

I got my motivation back last night after having pasta. Afterwards I felt really blah; I don't really know how else to describe it! That and the huge difference sugar and grain makes with my moods. I have the worst mood swings and get really bad tempered for no reason. My first attempt at going primal made it clear that sugar was to blame.

Because I'm weak, I'll cut out the sweet tea once I get into the way of eating more primal.
#122 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 01:46 PM

Argh...I've been doing so well but the last few days I have been pretty tired and absolutely ravenous but all I can think that I want to eat is carby stuff! I know the pregnancy hormones probably have a lot to do with it & I am trying to fill up on fat but I'm kind of struggling. I think probably I need to do some planning & go shopping for some bits so I can have a few things prepared that are easy to grab or take minimal prep.

I did succumb to a small bowl of oats with walnuts & sultanas in milk earlier & it was soooooooo good & going to have a baked potato (with butter, cheese, broccoli & creme fraiche) for dinner & hoping that will satisfy me!

But I would really love some ideas for things I could eat...my mind is just blank...and anything I do think of doesn't really appeal...but then nothing really does at the moment TIA!
#123 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 PM

For the past few days, I haven't been using fake sweeteners in anything, and the cravings have really eased up. Thanks everyone for supporting me through the sugar crisis. I haven't even been eating much fruit. I've had one apple in three days.

I have also lost a total of 10 pounds in 23 days. YAY! I haven't limited how much I eat at all.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#124 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 02:05 PM

That's fantastic...well done!
#125 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 03:39 PM

nettlesoup, sweet tea (well, a lemonade/tea combination thing from the store) is my crutch too. Has sugar, yeah, but I can tell it messed with my body a LOT less than soda (bad, bad soda), so I'm using it as a transitional tool too.

geekgolightly--yippee! I'm happy for you, I had similar weight loss when I cut out gluten and dairy (DH didn't) and it was so cool, and it helps motivate me to cook plenty of good stuff for DH, I think he'll have similar weight loss once I get all the way into a groove.
#126 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenzero View Post
But I would really love some ideas for things I could eat...my mind is just blank...and anything I do think of doesn't really appeal...but then nothing really does at the moment TIA!
During my pregnancy I had a lot of nausea through the third trimester, and some mild aversions. But the one thing I could always stomach was a nice crisp apple. Couldn't be a granny smith, it had to be something crisp. I'd get whatever was good at the farmer's market each week (the guy will cut one up so I can test it). That eaten first thing in the morning every day was the best thing for my m/s. Then about 20 minutes later I'd cook up some eggs and whatever else I wanted. But getting through that 20 minutes was crucial - and not going much beyond it was also important, or else the nausea would return.

Definitely keep plenty of food in the house that you can just grab. During pregnancy, I kept like 3 different types of pickles, nitrate free lunch meat, tons of cheeses, lots of fruit and veg, and often hard-cooked eggs, so that I could just grab and eat. We always had sausage and bacon in the house (nitrate free), and usually had leftovers too. And tons of milk. If nothing else, a glass of milk would go down nicely.

So... Mother's Day was lovely. I started craving Thai, so we ordered out. I ate a few spoonfuls of (white) rice (next time I'll ask for quinoa instead), but seem to be doing okay now. I'm keeping lunches packed in the fridge for myself, since that's a big issue with the little and his separation anxiety right now - I can't even walk into the kitchen without him freaking out. He just had 2 teeth emerge and is cutting another one, so he's a bear right now, and not sleeping for crap (up pretty much since 3 am, with a grand total of 20 minutes of nap). So I really have to work on keeping my food clean so I don't succumb to the crap while I'm so sleep-deprived. Off to give the magic carseat a try.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#127 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 04:06 PM

Gratz Geekgolightly! Thats awesome

Question for you ladies. So last night was my dd birthday. I had a piece of cake and had an upset stomach since. Spent some "quality time" on the potty so to speak. Feeling shakey and just crappy even this morning. Any ideas on what I can take to help get rid of this? I'm starting to think its food poisoning rather than carb/sugar overload. No one else is feeling ill though.
Ugh this sucks. I'm having to burp a lot and every burp makes me panic a little

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#128 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 04:19 PM

I just ordered The Primal Blueprint off Amazon and can't wait to read it! I'm going full steam ahead with it this time. I toyed w/ Primal last year, had some success, then went RAW for a little while. The Raw healed my chronic hives but is too hard to sustain. So going back to Primal while incorporating a lot of raw veggies/fruits.

Living Simply and Enjoying Life
#129 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgolightly View Post
For the past few days, I haven't been using fake sweeteners in anything, and the cravings have really eased up. Thanks everyone for supporting me through the sugar crisis. I haven't even been eating much fruit. I've had one apple in three days.

I have also lost a total of 10 pounds in 23 days. YAY! I haven't limited how much I eat at all.
wow that is an amazing amount of weight to lose in less then 1 month!
#130 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post
Gratz Geekgolightly! Thats awesome

Question for you ladies. So last night was my dd birthday. I had a piece of cake and had an upset stomach since. Spent some "quality time" on the potty so to speak. Feeling shakey and just crappy even this morning. Any ideas on what I can take to help get rid of this? I'm starting to think its food poisoning rather than carb/sugar overload. No one else is feeling ill though.
Ugh this sucks. I'm having to burp a lot and every burp makes me panic a little
you may be quite gluten intolerant, if you know you're not fully allergic/celiac, just a guess.
#131 of 331 Old 05-11-2010, 05:24 PM

I don't know, I've been eating bread every once in awhile and it hasn't bothered me. It might have been the icing. Or just the two mixed together.

Of course, it could have been something else altogether. I dread that bit of experimentation. Either way, no more cake for me. I hope its not the heavy cream...it was all I could taste last night.

#132 of 331 Old 05-12-2010, 09:57 AM

neverdoinitagain- sorry! Once I clean out just a little bit of icky stuff tears me up. I do have celiacs, but even gluten free processed/grain/sugar combo will do it to me. feel better!

Last night I made the best lasagna with my mama. We made homemade sauce with grassfed beef, canned tomatoes, fresh herbs, co oil, garlic, onion, red wine, and balsamic vin.
A ricotta mixture with pastured egg, ricotta from the farm venture yesterday, fresh herbs, garlic, sea salt, crushed red pepper and parmesan

Layered it in a pan with zucchini "noodles" and topped with more parm, and baked.

O.M.G. it was divine, and didn't feel at all "lowcarb diet food" it was light and gorgeous. Yay us! A little 88% dark chocolate later. mmm

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#133 of 331 Old 05-12-2010, 10:23 AM

That sounds wonderful Millie Ivy!

Thanks for the tips Cristeen. Am doing better today....leftover grilled heart with cheese, avocado, fermented salsa and creme fraiche for breakfast about 8.30am then didn't really feel hungry until after 1pm when I had three boiled eggs mashed with 1.5 tbsp butter and then decaf coffee with cream. Planning to drink plenty of water this afternoon as I feel like I am not drinking enough. Then for dinner am planning beef liver with a creamy mushroom sauce and potatoes fried in tallow.

Been thinking for a while that I may need to give up dairy...which will be really hard for me because I love it and eat a lot...but not sure it does me a lot of good (though no specific symptoms) and am pretty sure I have candida issues so am thinking of trying Bee's diet thing for a while, which does allow butter. I think DS may have some problems too so it could be a really good thing for him too...just need to work out a plan now, but I think we can do it. We have a few different sources for pastured meat and eggs at fairly reasonable prices and we love seafood and live on the coast so that isn't a problem and we are growing loads of veg this year, so add in some bone broth (have a good source for chicken carcusses and a ton in the freezer already) butter, avocados, coconut oil, HVCLO & and oil for making mayo and we should be ok. Am really excited about it actually!

Hope you feel better soon neverdoingitagain!
#134 of 331 Old 05-12-2010, 12:44 PM

Thanks ladies! ACV in water did the trick. I feel much better today Had my first IF last night. Still sort of on it...does coffee count? It has cream, sugar( damn dh! he made my coffee) and coconut oil in it.

I'm getting so many cool food ideas here! I love the idea of spaghetti squash and zucchini noodles

#135 of 331 Old 05-12-2010, 09:44 PM

Hi all,
I have been reading these threads for months but have not yet participated. I'm writing now to ask for some support/ideas. I have been moving towards grain-free and low starch/sugar TF for several months now, and when I am able to be "on", I can totally feel how good it is for me. I have so much more energy and vitality and my moods are much more stable.

Lately I've been having sooooo much trouble staying away from the foods that I know don't make me feel good (grains, sugars, too many fruits, etc.). I have a history of eating disorders (anorexia and bulimia as well as binge eating, so all of the above) and food has long been a really loaded issue. Eating TF, and especially eating a lot more fat and a lot fewer carbs have gone a long way towards healing my relationship w/ food... but there are some really painful things going on in my life and I have found myself falling back on some binge/purge behaviors, which have not been an issue for a long time (years). I hate this. It is so abusive to my body, it makes me feel horrible physically and emotionally, and it sends me into a cycle of sugar/starch cravings that feels unbreakable.

So I'm really trying to approach this anew, with a lot of gentleness towards myself but also with a lot of purpose. I'm thinking I need to just stock up on lots of good foods that are relatively easy to prepare and that are really high in healthy fats and completely stay away from the other stuff, even fruit for a while. I have talked to my super-supportive partner, and she is willing to budget a little more towards food for a while so that I can have a bit more freedom to get what I NEED to get myself out of this awful place. We are graduate students on a very tight budget, which of course adds to the stress and makes me feel guilty about spending more money on food for ME.

So what I'd love from you all are some suggestions for foods, especially snack foods, that are
- not super expensive
- pretty easy to pack in a lunchbox (I work out of the home full-time)
- high in good fats
- low in sugar, even natural sugar, and preferably not sweet-tasting (sometimes even a sweet taste in my mouth feels like it can set me off)
- delicious - it really helps to have wonderfully yummy things that don't make me feel sick/crazy
- some dairy is ok, but non would be awesome as we don't have a good raw milk source

Also any shared experiences would be nice. I don't know if there are other folks here in recovery from eating disorders and/or depression, but it would be nice to know if there are.

Thanks so much in advance! I have already gotten so many great ideas from this thread - and congratulations to all the newly pregnant grain-free mamas!
#136 of 331 Old 05-13-2010, 12:04 PM

: MollyMae. I get where you're coming from. I've never had a full-blown eating disorder, but I have some serious emotional issues around food (like when I thnk about never eating certain carb foods, I honestly sometimes get upset, and it's one reason I've not been able to go for it on the grain free thing as I'd like). The first things that come to mind are hard boiled eggs, celery/peanut butter (or other nut butter) and sardines. But that's with little creativity. I often do bigger dinners and bring leftovers for lunch. For instance, meatza - which does do ok cold too. Or you could make a wrap-style sandwhich with collard greens or some other big leafy green. I'm pretty sure some of the others will have good ideas too.

signature currently in transition
#137 of 331 Old 05-13-2010, 04:49 PM

I like making "sandwiches" with lettuce for bread. Peanut butter works surprisingly well with lettuce Really! I have done cold cuts and cheese too.
I'm still trying to figure out some good fats other than coconut oil, butter and any fat that comes off a piece of meat. Avocados? You could try making guacamole. Maybe make an egg wrap? I'm still muddling through too, would love to get some new ideas myself.

On a totally different note, my dh is trying to drive me into the loony bin.
We have been broke for awhile. Last time I went grocery shopping, I could only afford to spend $60. I was able to get a ton of vegetables but not much meat. So yesterday, my dh borrowed some money from a friend of his and did some grocery shopping. Guess what he got? No word of a lie
A huge box of Froot-Loops
a box of rice krispie treats
a 6 pack of blueberry muffins
cheese slices
summer sausage
a huge watermelon
and a pint of strawberries.
Oh and I almost forgot. A loaf of Wonder Bread.
WTC?!!!
The watermelon and strawberries, ok np. Good even! I can deal. Summer sausage? Ehhh not the best of the bunch but not completely horrible. The rest...?

I didn't say anything, he'll get it one of these days. Meanwhile the kids are gorging themselves on strawberries and watermelon I'm on my last couple eggs though

#138 of 331 Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollymae View Post
So what I'd love from you all are some suggestions for foods, especially snack foods, that are
- not super expensive
- pretty easy to pack in a lunchbox (I work out of the home full-time)
- high in good fats
- low in sugar, even natural sugar, and preferably not sweet-tasting (sometimes even a sweet taste in my mouth feels like it can set me off)
- delicious - it really helps to have wonderfully yummy things that don't make me feel sick/crazy
- some dairy is ok, but non would be awesome as we don't have a good raw milk source

My snack/lunch ideas are pretty basic, but here goes:

bacon
boiled eggs (or egg salad, deviled eggs, boiled egg with vinaigrette)
salad
nuts
avocado
leftover meat of any kind, ditto veg
sardines or other tinned fish

Also, keep a jar of virgin coconut oil at work, along with a spoon, for emergencies!

For what it's worth, I find that if I keep my fats up the in the 70% range (getting ~70% of my calories from fats, that is), then I really don't get hungry or snackish at all.

However, I don't have your history, and it would be facile to suggest that that might ease your situation. I was a chronic carb-binger, and upping my fats really really helped with that, but that's not your background, I know.

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#139 of 331 Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 PM

Upping my fat has helped a ton as well with the snacky stuff. I never had a full blown ed but definitely some obsessive issues with body/food/exercise. It's difficult now for me NOT to set an insanely ripped sort of goal. I know I COULD but I don't want the full on dedication that would take in my life. I want to be moderate and that's WAY harder.

But yes, upping my fats to 70% makes a world of difference, and for me, lessens the ocd type relationships to food. Takes planning on my part though. And, for instance, I haven't planed as well the past week and I know I haven't gotten the fat high enough and as a result I have had a harder time with munchies and "cheating" and am not feeling as great.

How is everyone doing?

I made pizza tonight with the cheese/egg/flax/coconut flour crust. SOOO satisfying. Yum.

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#140 of 331 Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 PM

Hey folks, thanks for the support and suggestions! It's funny, because basically you are suggesting that I do what I already do (when I'm not struggling as I have been, that is), but it REALLY helps to be reminded!

I also have to remember that as the growing season gets into full swing it will be much easier to have lots of fresh veggies. We really try to stay local, but having so few options for vegetables over the winter/early spring has not been helping matters at all. We didn't have the opportunity to do much preserving last season, but plans are in the works for this season to be totally different!

Ms. B. Sprout, your experiences w/ carb bingeing are actually super helpful, esp. knowing that bringing your fat intake up to 70% was helpful. I have the additional anorexia/bulimia history to complicate matters, but binge eating has been a big issue as well (I clearly like to cover my bases ), and even though I have come a long way and until very recently have been doing very well overall, bingeing is definitely the thing I've struggled with most recently. I am trying to bring my fat intake up and I really appreciate the suggestions to help me do that! I like the idea of keeping a jar of coconut oil at work! I don't really have a space that's "mine" (I work in mental health crisis and we are in a huge shared office) but I might be able to figure out a way...

Thanks so much!
#141 of 331 Old 05-15-2010, 05:29 PM

hi ladies!
I just moved to a new apartment in Chicago, and tonight I am cooking my first meal in my new kitchen

Crock pot chicken and wild mushrooms, with white wine and a little bit of marscarpone yum. For a side dish I am doing a tomato pesto salad!

dessert will probably be berries and chocolate

There's a great grocery store in our new 'hood called Gene's Sausage Shop... it is a meatlover's dream and they even had an accordion player playing while we shopped. needless to say, I'm pretty happy!!
#142 of 331 Old 05-15-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella_stranger View Post
hi ladies!
I just moved to a new apartment in Chicago, and tonight I am cooking my first meal in my new kitchen

Crock pot chicken and wild mushrooms, with white wine and a little bit of marscarpone yum. For a side dish I am doing a tomato pesto salad!

dessert will probably be berries and chocolate

There's a great grocery store in our new 'hood called Gene's Sausage Shop... it is a meatlover's dream and they even had an accordion player playing while we shopped. needless to say, I'm pretty happy!!
Sounds delish! I'm quite jealous of that shop, especially the accordion player. How neat. Plus, sausage

Mama to monkey #1 , monkey #2 , and new little monkey #3 . I am always :yawning and making lots of
#143 of 331 Old 05-15-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post
Tentatively sticking my toe in the water here...

Am I imagining that when I haven't eaten grains, even for a few meals, that I am more patient and less likely to grump?? Or is that just a coincidence? Can you ladies speak to that?

I am not doing this full on, just thinking about it and so have avoided grains for a few meals at a time over the past week or so.
Oh my mood is definitely more stable when I'm grain free. I get grumpy, impatient, weepy and mopey when I eat grains or too much sugar/carbs.

My kiddos seem to be the same, but they get more carbs from fruit etc. (I don't carb restrict the kiddos, just sugar and grains.)

I am not crunchy enough for this forum. Everyday I get a little crunchier though! :
#144 of 331 Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 PM

Hi Hi Hi!

I have been reading posts and jumping over to Marks Daily Apple and back again! My family and I have been TF/NT for about 3 years now. Not always perfect but at least 80% of the time. I was diagnosed with latent type 1 diabetes 2 years ago, and I found out that my thyroid is going kaput and my antibodies are sitting at 218. See my doc on Monday. Not to much I can do about the type 1 diabetes, but I would like to try and salvage my thyroid.

I was about 135 lbs when I was diagnosed with diabetes, but with the insulin and then the thyroid going on vacation, my weight has really increased **sigh** and I would really like to get it off.

I really like the what I have been reading, and I have talked a bit to dh about it, told him it was like a TF's TF! LOL and going grain 'lite'. I don't tend to eat much grain, and what I do is whole grain. I feel better with a bit of grain, but I tend towards mostly wanting to eat veg, salads and meats/fish. Not really a huge fruit fan, apples and berries with some citrus mostly, like lemon or lime juice and zests, not so much with oranges, cause they send me on a rocket ride! LOL. I love real butter and CO, yummy!

Sooooo, like I said I have been reading but I was wondering if there was anyone with diabetes (type 1) or hypothyroid issues who followed this way of eating and if you could tell me how you felt or how it helped you!

Thank you so much!!!

Bagare

ETA: i hear you about franken foods! Drives me nuts! My parents are trying to be helpful, but every time we go to visit they are making meals with no fat fake sugar subs stuff and gloating about it and then sit there and say should you be eating that when I eat anything real. With my insulin, I carb count (2 units for every 15 carb I eat of Novolog) so I am able to eat real food and bah! Thanks for letting me vent! They think they are healthier eating all that fake stuff. Tried to get them to do NT and they pooh poohed it cause it was too "fatty". And they eat SPAM!!! bah again!

Married to my best friend mom to dd (16) , DSS (15) and expecting our LO after 6 years!
#145 of 331 Old 05-15-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravebird View Post
Tentatively sticking my toe in the water here...

Am I imagining that when I haven't eaten grains, even for a few meals, that I am more patient and less likely to grump?? Or is that just a coincidence? Can you ladies speak to that?

I am not doing this full on, just thinking about it and so have avoided grains for a few meals at a time over the past week or so.
I noticed it too I had more grains today and I was complete crabcake during the walk I took with my dh and kids. I'm sick though, so that doesn't help.

mmm...crabcake...

#146 of 331 Old 05-15-2010, 10:47 PM

lil_earthmomma-- Read about your DH after I had posted and WOW!! That is wonderful! Still reading, so I am not sure if you posted his test results.. but that is just great! Last fall, I was being really strict with my carbs and I didn't need any insulin at lunch time, since then, I have slipped up and have had to use insulin 5 times a day again--Levemer am/pm and Novolog with every meal, and then if I need to adjust... oi! I know how my pin cushion feels!!

Geek--I know how you feel! I weighed over 350+ (and I am 5'1!) and I know the struggle... and then when I gained all that weight after finding out about being diabetic, and then the thyroid mess, I am back up at around 240. **sigh** not fun, and I am tired of lugging all of this around with me! I am hoping that this will be the trick. Would love to 'hang' with you during this ride!

off to read more!
Bagare

Married to my best friend mom to dd (16) , DSS (15) and expecting our LO after 6 years!
#147 of 331 Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 PM

great interviews on NPR chicago right now about modern cavemen : http://www.wpr.org/book/100516a.cfm
#148 of 331 Old 05-17-2010, 09:47 AM

http://www.diabetesforums.com/forum/...-brownies.html

I made these last night (with maple syrup instead of splenda, a little more almond flour to get the consistency right, and much more chocolate) and they're super good.

We're eating them for breakfast right now

I had just recently gotten really good at baking before we dove into the primal thing, and I swear there isn't anything I really miss *eating* but boy are there a lot of things I miss cooking!
#149 of 331 Old 05-17-2010, 12:06 PM

Heya ladies. Just popping in real quick. The babe doesn't allow me a lot of online time right now. The potluck @ my midwife's house was yesterday. I did so-so. I avoided wheat, but I did have some rice (that was in a casserole - I didn't see it until I'd already eaten half a serving). But, I feel okay with that, since wheat is really my biggest problem, and it didn't seem to stimulate any cravings.

There will be another potluck in a couple months and I'm already thinking about what to bring so that I don't struggle so much. The biggest problem was that nobody portioned for the size of crowd that was there. Most of us portioned for a relatively small crowd (I made 2 dozen deviled eggs), but there were over 30 of us. So I think next time I'll take at least 2 dishes, and make more of each... I'm thinking a bean dish and a veggie salad (not a green salad). I might do a meat dish, but finding a casserole type dish that doesn't have grains in it is a bit difficult.

Aside from that - dinner last night was bok choy and sausage. We got a HUGE bag of baby bok choy in the CSA box this week, and I've never made it in a way that I enjoyed before. But last night I was feeling lazy (and there was far too much of it to stir-fry), so I just separated it all into leaves and roasted it. It was quite good - served with a drizzle of fruity olive oil and some balsamico.

And the butcher had pork spareribs on sale 20% off this week - and they also had lamb ribs, which I've never seen them have before! So I got all these ribs intending to smoke them today, and what happens? It's gonna rain. So now I have to go pull something out of the freezer for dinner and freeze all these lovely ribs.

Anyway - baby signing time is almost over. Gotta run. Hope everyone's doing well.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#150 of 331 Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 PM

We just moved as well, and I really like the new kitchen, except there is no dishwasher (we had one before.) Other than that there is more usable storage and I like it a lot. (We've now got 2 bedrooms instead of 1 which is AWESOME--ds now has a sweet playroom which is going to make a HUGE difference in the state of our place!)

Anyway, I wanted to write to say we have much more limited comp access here, so I will be mostly lurking/not posting much for the time being. But I'm loving be involved in this and get awesome ideas from you all all the time--keep them coming!!

Lauren, wife to my dear and mama to amazing River
I traditional foods

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page