Paleo and Primal ladies, it's July! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 305 Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just thought I would start a new July thread! Hope everyone is doing really well.

Any goals for July? Mine is to lose at least five more pounds, which I think is completely doable, and just to stick to eating this way which also seems pretty easy since I feel FANTASTIC.

mom to one glorious sweetpea born 10/18/2007.

#2 of 305 Old 07-02-2010, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://tiffanyteske.blogspot.com/200...-pleasure.html

This is the almond flour scone recipe I use, I think I have posted it before, but since we are talking about them again I thought I'd post it for newcomers.

We can't do eggs, so I use flax goop (just don't follow her directions for flax goop - they are way off - it should be 1 T flax to 3 T water). I also added a tablespoon of coconut oil to keep them a little moister.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#3 of 305 Old 07-02-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgewoman View Post

Any goals for July? Mine is to lose at least five more pounds, which I think is completely doable, and just to stick to eating this way which also seems pretty easy since I feel FANTASTIC.
Felling great here too

My goal for July is to stick with my challenge (I have 17 days left in my 30 day challenge). I would like to be able to do more push ups, strengthen my core (push ups, planks, sprints), and lose 5 pounds of fat.

B: eggs and comilk/berry smoothie
L: salad of some sort
D: I think homemade chicken wings (still need to find a recipe) and veggies.
WO: walk a long time

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#4 of 305 Old 07-02-2010, 02:30 PM

Hey ladies, I am newly primal and managed to get DH on board for July to "try it out". Cross your fingers that he doesn't get a bad case of low carb flu!
#5 of 305 Old 07-02-2010, 05:58 PM

Just came back from grocery shopping. I have coconut flour! Woot! And I found greek yogurt! double woot! But it all made a pretty big dent in the pocket book. Working on paring our grocery expenses down enough to get everything we need. More importantly, we need to make a weekly meal plan
I mean really...Did we honestly need 8lbs of grapes?

I'm feeling way more stronger than I was last week. Energy is coming back again (well, ok...right now I'm wiped. I hate grocery shopping) I have one more week of the squat challenge. My legs are not happy with me since I started squatting properly
I would like to lose 5 lbs this month too! It really does feel doable, just need to add more walking since I've been slacking on that alot.

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 
#6 of 305 Old 07-02-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:

Just thought I would start a new July thread! Hope everyone is doing really well.

Thanks Blue for pointing me over to the July thread, I kept wondering why it was sooo quiet on the thread today

I'm on another weight loss thread, so I would love to stick on this way of eating, because I feel awesome on it, and keep figuring out my path with it.

So I posted this in June - but ladies - thoughts on popcorn? It is a great love of mine (butter, sea salt, sometimes parm cheese too). I have had it a couple of times over the last 3 weeks and I want to be successful with this eating style

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#7 of 305 Old 07-02-2010, 10:35 PM

Corn (and popcorn ) *is* a grain. We avoid it b/c of ds's allergy issues altogether so I can't really comment on it. It is gluten free, and if you are going to eat a grain, I think gf is a better choice...

So, I'm excited to be here ladies--I've been doing awesome (as I said its the easy time in my cycle)--staying grain/legume free, and sugar free, and I've been avoiding tubers as well. That is until tonight. I made these vanilla cupcakes and used the whipped palm oil filling as frosting. (Best dairy free frosting recipe I've made w/out using actual sugar.) I cut the amount of honey in half--1/4 c in the cupcakes, added a little over 1/8 tsp stevia powder, and just 1 tbsp in the filling/frosting, plus 1/8 tsp stevia. I also used palm oil in place of the butter. We have a b-day party to go to tomorrow, so ds and I *only* ate 1.5 each tonight--the other 3 are for tomorrow, and one is for my gf sis. Yum! The site has lots of yummy looking recipes--watch out carb watchers--it could be dangerous.

Lauren, wife to my dear and mama to amazing River
I traditional foods
#8 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Here's what I ate today- it wasn't the best day food quality wise, but I was pretty low on carbs so I guess that's something. I have my period right now and I've been having a very stressful week, so....

B: bacon, eggs, tea
L: nitrate free grassfed hot dogs (no buns or anything, just plain), cucumbers, ketchup
D: steak, artichoke w/butter
S: strawberries with chocolate, a few bites of my daughter's Cherry Garcia ice cream

Ridiculously low on the plant matter, I know. I work tomorrow night so I'll have a big salad for dinner and I'm also planning one for lunch as well to sort of balance things out. I figure that honestly, paleo people had plenty of days that they had a rather unbalanced diet.

#9 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 05:23 AM

Um, is there such a thing as vegan paleo? Because, I just read the June thread and as far as grain/sugar free and macro ratios, I could totally keep up with you ladies!

cruelty-free, beastie-full!
#10 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 08:08 AM

popping in.....

re corn: we consider it a grain as well, although if I were to cheat I would prefer it rice or corn. I made the kids popcorn last night for movie night and had a couple of handfuls. usually it sets me off to binge but to only have a few handfuls is great for me

Fairy Rae- OH MY GOODNESS- those look tooooooooo yummy!

My son is going to daycamp next week so I will have to pack him lunch every day and snacks- that is wigging me out a little. I am thinking of picking up some Udi's bread and just doing sandwiches- maybe some bags of chips some days- fruit- homemade cupcake some days- I don't know- I have never had to do this before- ideas welcome!!

I am considering working on losing a few pounds myself- cannot decide if I need/want to lose a few pounds or that it is just that I am not working out consistently and need to just focus on that. I am feeling soft and fluffy.

Other than just a bit of the popcorn last night have been clean here!

Anyway, I better go me- time is slowly fading and I *will* workout this morning!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#11 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Ridiculously low on the plant matter, I know. I work tomorrow night so I'll have a big salad for dinner and I'm also planning one for lunch as well to sort of balance things out. I figure that honestly, paleo people had plenty of days that they had a rather unbalanced diet.
Yesterday I was really into eggs and meat. I did have some berries, carrots and lettuce, but I think it all balances as well. For dinner last night I made chicken winges adapted from this recipe:

http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2009/1...gs-recipe.html
Soooo goood!!!

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#12 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 11:33 AM

woot to me! I did workout this am- starting back to 30 day shred- hoping to make it through this time. Had a spinach choco smoothie as well- 1 c. so del coco milk- tons of spinach and a bit of blueberries- w/ my scrambled eggs and bacon.

I had to quit smoothies before as I used bananas and it seemed to stop agreeing w/ me- don't know if it was all that sugar or what. Anyway, Luke and I both loved this and it was a nice complement to the eggs and bacon.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#13 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Weighed in this morning and I officially lost two pounds this week!

#14 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 01:03 PM

Gratz BRW! Um what are you going to do if you lose the 5lbs before the month is up? At this rate, you could be down 5 in 2 weeks
I had a ton of chocolate covered almonds, prime rib skillet from Dennys(minus the tortillas and hashbrowns), a bunch of grapes and made myself a doubledown burger last night. Yet, no weight gain Also tried tea with honey and butter. It was meh..ok. The waitress was completely confused.
I just feel I look good right now. My abs look great, my butt looks great, my legs are coming along nicely and my arms have some sexy muscle on them. I have my squat challenge today, and I'm going to do some modified renegade rows for shiggles. I stopped my pushup challenge since I was losing strength but I'm feeling stronger again. When I start up the push-up challenge again, I'm starting back from the beginning.

#15 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 01:07 PM

I love popcorn too, I make it every once in awhile and manage to get a handful or two before the animal..er I mean children devour it. Lots of butter and sea salt
There a few people doing veg*n paleo. It supposed to be a bit difficult but doable

#16 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayward View Post
Um, is there such a thing as vegan paleo? Because, I just read the June thread and as far as grain/sugar free and macro ratios, I could totally keep up with you ladies!
You'd probably need to do legumes in order to get your protein, so not striclty paleo (but many of us are not, and are just grain free. ) If you can handle all of our meaty talk, join in!!! I think going more grain-free, no matter what else you are eating (as long as it's whole foods ) is almost always a good thing!

I traditional foods
#17 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain View Post
Gratz BRW! Um what are you going to do if you lose the 5lbs before the month is up? At this rate, you could be down 5 in 2 weeks
I had a ton of chocolate covered almonds, prime rib skillet from Dennys(minus the tortillas and hashbrowns), a bunch of grapes and made myself a doubledown burger last night. Yet, no weight gain Also tried tea with honey and butter. It was meh..ok. The waitress was completely confused.
I just feel I look good right now. My abs look great, my butt looks great, my legs are coming along nicely and my arms have some sexy muscle on them. I have my squat challenge today, and I'm going to do some modified renegade rows for shiggles. I stopped my pushup challenge since I was losing strength but I'm feeling stronger again. When I start up the push-up challenge again, I'm starting back from the beginning.
Good for you! I haven't had much time to really work out so I'm not noticing much in the way of muscles but I am sooooo happy with how my clothes fit now. I finally feel like I have a waist again and people keep saying I look nice. I get flirted with at work by customers sometimes which is awesome. lol

And hey, if I lose ten pounds or so this month, that would be a major bonus! That would mean I could theoretically be at my goal weight by mid-September.!!!

#18 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 11:40 PM

Hi everyone - I used to be all tf, now trying to get back on that wagon because I am finally ready to be done carrying 20 extra pounds and horrified by some new physical things (eczema, tonsillar stones, general offness and exhaustion.) So far pretty good, but I still challenge myself with making time for food prep and then get caught hunting for a snack. Kefir cheese is helping and oddly so is coconut milk (the So Delicious brand was on sale this week.) I'm edgy about the fats because while I crave them more than even carbs, if I really just let it fly and have all I want, I'll gain even more than if I was not doing tf and having toast all day long. But if all stays well enough, I'll get myself back into some coconut oil too.

Any favorite most palatable brands of coconut oil out there? I don't love the way it flavors everything else on the plate, though I like it fine solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
So I posted this in June - but ladies - thoughts on popcorn?
One of my great loves. My other great love, my husband, is a master at making it so this is a real challenge. What's got me cutting way back on it lately though is less it's grain-ness, and more the thing my dentist just told me: "Popcorn keeps me in business." That said, if I were going to have it tonight, I'd douse it with butter and Kapha Churna from Maharishi Ayurved, and lick the bowl too.

Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

#19 of 305 Old 07-03-2010, 11:48 PM

May I join in?
I started Paleo in april and have lost some weight and feel great. I have 10# to go to be at a healthy weight according to Dr's charts. I would be happier loosing 15 and it seems pretty attainable. At this point I am at pre baby weight I start with a personal trainer 3x per week next week when the girls start camp. so far I have been doing the Wii fit with my 5yo, hoopin on the lawn, hiking, bike riding and walking. I would like to add some more core strenghtening excersise. Any suggestions?
We are recovering from some gawd aweful flu here. I only rode my bike once this week. Today I managed to eat
kefir berry smoothie
hamburger no bun and some broccoli.
I am sipping some coconut water ATM.

I have a weakness for ice cream (ben n jerrys) and also popcorn. any tips on how to keep the midnight munchies away?
#20 of 305 Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 AM

Core exercises--my fave is pilates. I'm certain just doing bodyweight stuff (push ups, pull ups, etc.) is also very core strengthening. But something about doing pilates (I like Mari Windsor's 'advanced body slimming workout'--like 20 minutes, and I do it 1x a week) really gets to the core, and I notice a difference in my tummy immediately.

I'm impressed at how working out _really_ makes a difference in how my body looks and feels, esp now that I'm really right around my just-right-for-me weight. Everything just shifts into better spots, etc. w/ it...So glad it's such a big part of being primal or I may not have gotten into it...

Oh, and those comfy belly cupcakes I mentioned yesterday? Yeah--they taste better cold out of the fridge than hot out of the oven.

I traditional foods
#21 of 305 Old 07-04-2010, 02:55 AM

My new favorite core exercise is belly dancing!
#22 of 305 Old 07-04-2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
You'd probably need to do legumes in order to get your protein, so not striclty paleo (but many of us are not, and are just grain free. ) If you can handle all of our meaty talk, join in!!! I think going more grain-free, no matter what else you are eating (as long as it's whole foods ) is almost always a good thing!
Well I was mostly joking, I just always find it amusing how much I lurk here and actually have in common with all you ladies. I always think "If only they knew a veg*n was doing/saying the same thing . . . "

Anyway, I did 3 weeks grain-free/sugar-free/fruit-free and 2 of those were legume-free as well. I was eating high fat and highish protein, low carb. Most of my protein from nuts and seeds. It was a trip!

Now I'm doing legumes again but still grain and sugar free. Light on the fruit, but I can't go any longer without my green smoothies! =D

Tonight I made my first batch of almond milk yogurt and I'm thinking that will take a solid staple place in my diet. Can't wait to try it tomorrow morning with the Farmer's Market blueberries I got today!

Anyway, I'll be reading along and doing my own kind of primal thing, in my own way. =)

A question though: Do you think high-fat (like, very high fat) will still work for weight loss without extremely low-carb? Like somewhere between 140-200 carbs/day? Just curious what the thoughts are on that.

#23 of 305 Old 07-04-2010, 08:24 AM

Hi all

My goal for July is to improve my workout schedule. It is a bit hit and miss at the moment.

Once a week I train with some friends for some high intensity stuff. I usually get one workout of heavy lifting in - but there hasn't been much sprinting going on lately.

What I ate today:

B: scrambled eggs with organic ham and avocado - drizzled with avocado oil and sprinkled with kelp
L: Roast chicken
D: pumpkin soup
S: 85% chocolate (way too much of it)

I spent most of today driving and managed to avoid snacking in the car! But it meant that my diet was really lacking in any green vegies. Might have a few frozen berries to finish off the day....

Sharon 33, DH 29, DS 6yrs, DD 3yrs, DS2 2yrs Born at Home :
#24 of 305 Old 07-04-2010, 08:24 AM

re: higher fat and higher carb- I think one would just need to watch their body- in that range I think it is possible- but I would be anxious about anything higher.

re: core- I haven't done much special, although as I was doing yoga regularly- with lots of plank it seemed to be helping a lot- I need to check out that pilates video- before kids I did lots of pilates and really enjoyed. I would like to get some firmness back there!

re: snacking- I do snack sometimes like on homemade coco milk icecream- although that is not an all the time kind of thing. like once -twice a week. I just don't usually have cravings for snacks anymore and we go to bed early. So, I guess that is my advice go to bed and get extra sleep

Had a good primal day here yesterday! Ended up w/ snacks for lunch- pepperoni- carrots- cashews. Supper was pepperoni pizza w/ roasted vegs on a zuc crust.

We went to the local beach(on a lake) and they had innertube races and cardboard boat races- it was big fun and tiring. The baby was getting fussy and tired so I had to pace w/ her in the Ergo back and forth on the beach- so I got a good workout pacing in flipflops on the sand is hard! Then we had plenty of stairs to climb part of it I climbed w/ baby in the Ergo carrying my 3 yo (30 lb) as well. I slept well last night! Today should be pretty calm- although I do think we might hit the bike park this evening- I am considering bringing the stroller and trying to jog some- but we will see! I am also considering more buying some vibrams- but I will have to think on it- I want to make sure they will get used!

#25 of 305 Old 07-04-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Well I was mostly joking, I just always find it amusing how much I lurk here and actually have in common with all you ladies. I always think "If only they knew a veg*n was doing/saying the same thing . . . "
LOL--I totally forgot about nuts! Maybe paleo vegan *is* possible.

Speaking of green smoothies, I've thought green smoothie girl was the most TF vegan site for info I've seen. Love green smoothies.

Quote:
A question though: Do you think high-fat (like, very high fat) will still work for weight loss without extremely low-carb? Like somewhere between 140-200 carbs/day? Just curious what the thoughts are on that.
Like crunchy_mama said, I think you just need to follow _your_ body, and see if it works for you. I lost tons of weight by dropping allergens, not watching carbs and just eating whatever. Going primal and eating 150 grams carbs also worked for me to lose more weight (although my fats typically remain around 60-70% of my diet, which I don't think of as super high fat). If I want to get super skinny, I can watch my carbs and focus on working out and lose more weight. That's how *my* body works--some folks need to be a lot more vigilant. But also, if I want to lose weight, I typically need to avoid nuts and seeds as well. We are each so individual though, so figuring out what works for you may be a trial/error process.

I traditional foods
#26 of 305 Old 07-04-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
We went to the local beach(on a lake) and they had innertube races and cardboard boat races- it was big fun and tiring. The baby was getting fussy and tired so I had to pace w/ her in the Ergo back and forth on the beach- so I got a good workout pacing in flipflops on the sand is hard! Then we had plenty of stairs to climb part of it I climbed w/ baby in the Ergo carrying my 3 yo (30 lb) as well.
Sweet! I appreciate all those natural work out things that happen in daily life w/ my kiddo now, and find myself more patient and wanting to play actively now that I'm living more primally.

I traditional foods
#27 of 305 Old 07-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
LOL--I totally forgot about nuts! Maybe paleo vegan *is* possible.

Speaking of green smoothies, I've thought green smoothie girl was the most TF vegan site for info I've seen. Love green smoothies.

Like crunchy_mama said, I think you just need to follow _your_ body, and see if it works for you. I lost tons of weight by dropping allergens, not watching carbs and just eating whatever. Going primal and eating 150 grams carbs also worked for me to lose more weight (although my fats typically remain around 60-70% of my diet, which I don't think of as super high fat). If I want to get super skinny, I can watch my carbs and focus on working out and lose more weight. That's how *my* body works--some folks need to be a lot more vigilant. But also, if I want to lose weight, I typically need to avoid nuts and seeds as well. We are each so individual though, so figuring out what works for you may be a trial/error process.
Yeah, I totally consider myself a TF veg*n, insomuch as that is possible. Yesterday I made kombucha, [almond] yogurt, and kimchee. I only use coconut and olive oils (some sesame for flavor), eat plenty of healthy fats (nuts, seeds, avocados), pretty much grain and sugar free, everything homemade, etc. I think it *is* possible to be both. =)

Anyway, not to highjack this thread. I'm enjoying reading along and may even contribute. We'll see! But thanks for being welcoming. Wasn't sure what kind of response I would get.

#28 of 305 Old 07-04-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deditus View Post
http://tiffanyteske.blogspot.com/200...-pleasure.html

This is the almond flour scone recipe I use, I think I have posted it before, but since we are talking about them again I thought I'd post it for newcomers.

We can't do eggs, so I use flax goop (just don't follow her directions for flax goop - they are way off - it should be 1 T flax to 3 T water). I also added a tablespoon of coconut oil to keep them a little moister.
newcomer here. DD and I aren't 100% paleo but I try to most days.
We need to go egg free to but man I can't get a handle on it! I need to prepare mentally. I did an Elisa test awhile back and got a 2 on almond flour so I'm wondering what other flour would be good for these?
#29 of 305 Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom61508 View Post
newcomer here. DD and I aren't 100% paleo but I try to most days.
We need to go egg free to but man I can't get a handle on it! I need to prepare mentally. I did an Elisa test awhile back and got a 2 on almond flour so I'm wondering what other flour would be good for these?
I haven't made that recipe but I have used various nut and seed flour mixes for Elana's recipes with fine effects. I particularly like a mix of pecan, cashew and pumpkin seed.

UGH ladies I am awake in the middle of the night for the first time in a very, very long time. I ate a lowcarb burger out yesterday- it had mayo on it- I am sure made w/ soyoil. I am wondering if that is it- or it is just nervousness over ds going to camp tomorrow!

Oh, and I will very shortly be waving my freak flag high! I have some vibrams ordered! Woot! Woot! I LOVE going barefoot and my footwear of choice is generally flipflops but I am so excited for the option that I will be able to wear more and I am excited about the prospect that maybe I can run in them. I have never been able to run in tennis shoes comfortably. From reading online though it sounds like it might be because the way I run is suited more to barefoot running. I know I will have to start slow- but I am anxious to see!

Food was good yesterday aside from the commericial mayo on the burger. Burgers for supper as well. I was skimpy on veggies yesterday but that was just laziness and lack of groceries. I bought 2 big things of spinach yesterday though and am going to try the spinach smoothie again. I also had pepperoni and cashews for a snack- that is my new favorite combo- so yummy!

This week is going to be entirely insane- 2 hr roundtrip to take ds to camp and then another 2 hrs back to get him then swim lessons this Mon- Wed. I need to do some crockpot planning for sure.

Oh, and I have worked out the past 2 mornings to the 30 day shred. I haven't officially worked out in too long - last I had done this video was shortly after dd2 was born. However, I have noticed it was a lot easier for me now than then- I guess partially just from recovery time and also all the family activity time is conditioning me some! I hope to be able to continue this week with it but am worried with the schedule craziness.

Oh, and FR I too enjoy those little 'primal workouts' as well- it was hot and tiring on the beach but I was smiling and thinking how blessed I was!

#30 of 305 Old 07-05-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
well I am on here sometimes and I am ovo-lacto vegetarian, don't see many other vegs around so I'm happy to see you here! But its a nice bunch of ladies. I do eat legumes and have been sprouting-- its easy and I am not yet sure if it really lowers carbs, but it does cut down on cooking time. Going to make some sprouted-chick pea hummos this evening for the week.

I'm working a lot- VERY busy summer for me, very busy with the kids when I am not working (I have a nanny about 28 hours a week... sounds like a lot but man it is not when I am trying to get so much done in that amount of time!). I am not online too much for fun. Doing well with my lowish carb, very low grain, very low sugar diet. I wouldn't describe myself as paleo or primal, but I get some good amount of inspiration from those ways of eating.

Weight loss seems to have stalled out and I just can't seem to squeeze out any time for exercise, which I am pretty sure would make a difference. 4 more weeks teaching summer school and after that I will use some small part of my childcare time for exercise. I've lost 29lbs since January eating this way, and feeling really good about it. I'd like to lose around 10 more pounds, but I am fine with that taking a while. I want to focus on the positive and basically I should be happy to maintain while I am busy and stressed... and I am still nursing a 14mo (I am a person who apparently gains weight while nursing, not the reverse, but don't worry, it will not stop me from nursing as long as my little one wants/needs) and after we move in September I will work on getting a regular dose of exercise back into my life. I am almost into my pre-mom clothes, which is nice, and I just bought a few new things to wear for teaching and then for conducting interviews (I'll be doing a lot of that in August).

dissertating mom to three

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page