Mothering Forum banner

Primal Help

788 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mommathea 
#1 ·
I'm hoping to try out the primal diet this week and have been searching for tips, but I must be looking in the wrong place.
I have two main questions..

First, what are some good ways to eat primal cheaply? Money is a big concern for us, and this seems to be an expensive way to eat. How can I cut costs? What are some inexpensive primal meals?

Secondly.. what are your best tips for having pre-made or low prep meals, specifically for breakfast or lunch.. that aren't snack-y? I don't really like to just graze throughout the day, but with four little ones, I have very little time to spend on my food choices. I was doing great for a while with baked oatmeal that lasted me the whole week, it was so easy to just cut myself a piece each morning. Obviously that's out.. but any other easy ideas like that?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
this is pretty snack-y but i like to keep a few items around all the time to help my eating style primalish:
hard boiled eggs
raw nuts & seeds
dried fruits (esp goji berries)
fresh fruits & pre-cut veggies
raw cacao
raw energy bars by this company (love their stuff, esp the live pumpkin bar i linked directly to!)

i'm a super busy mama, so i prefer things i don't have to prepare extensively... but i bet other mamas have great ideas for recipes, etc. HTH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.