Grain Free/Primal/Paleo in November/December - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 97 Old 12-22-2010, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

double post

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 97 Old 12-22-2010, 05:23 AM

I have a tongue I have been meaning to make thanks for the recipe.  I make liver pate fairly frequently, probably today for lunch actually.  I generally have chicken livers as they are easier to come by.  We love it. 

I did have grains(corn tortilla chips) a few days last week.  Totally regretted it. I didn't sleep those nights.  Funny how before corn chips were one thing I would indulge in even while being 'grain' free and I still felt good.  However, I didn't give up the insomnia until I totally gave them up totally.  I didn't realize the connection until it had been a good while off of them and I tried them.  Now, I value my sleep very much, especially w/ 3 kids now.  Does anyone else get insomnia from grains?

Last night I made mexi spiced pan-fried chicken with some fried cauliflower rice and salad.  Today will be scrambled eggs for breakfast, pate  for lunch and chili for supper. 

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#93 of 97 Old 12-28-2010, 03:52 PM

I was watching this show on a public tv station, new scandinavian cooking. the guy made a couple really yummy looking recipes, very TF and no grains. chicken fricasee and chicken confit. i really want to try them.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
#94 of 97 Old 01-01-2011, 06:55 PM

I've given myself a sugar/grain sensitivity. In order to better stick with the diet the rest of the time, I utterly destroy it on holidays when I'm going to potlucks with pie and cookies etc etc etc.

Only, turns out I'm going to have to hold back more. I started eating grains and sugars around 8pm and by midnight my skin was crawling. I had to grit my teeth to finish nursing my daughter to sleep.

Had some probiotics today and don't have any more issues.

#95 of 97 Old 01-02-2011, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I cant wait for the new January Paleo thread as I will be joining you all for the first time...

#96 of 97 Old 01-02-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieren View Post

Give melted lard, ghee and / or bacon grease a try for making homemade mayo.  I use all 3 together and it turns out Delicious!!

Suet seasoned with pepper and salt (from seasoning the beef while cooking) worked well, but after being stored in the fridge is solid, and I'm not coordinated enough to make fresh mayo every time I need some.

#97 of 97 Old 01-02-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post

Ok, beef tongue. Put it in a pot w water to cover, a few peppercorns, a bayleaf, some onion if you like. Cover, Bring to a boil, simmer 2 hours ( no more than 2.5). Tongue should be fork tender. Remove from liquid and stick it in the fridge. The water can be strained and used like broth to cook other things.When its cold, peel the skin off, slice or cube. Pan fry in oil to give it some color. I usually steam some potatoes, chill and toss them together in the cast iron pan. Its a great quick lunch w the meat and potatoes already cooked and cubed in the fridge. My fave accompaniment for it is a cilantro mayo. Or i put it in a tortilla w a dose of sriracha (obviously not grain free). There was a thread on offal a while backmin this forum. I posted the liver recipe there. If you search my username and marsala it should come up. I cant really post a link from my ipod. But in theory the recipe should work for any liver, although i havent tried it. Ive had commercial pate made from pork liver and it was excellent, so its just a matter of finding the right recipe.

I tried searching for your liver recipe and couldn't find it :( Would it be possible to post the link to the thread?? :)

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page