I don't want to lose my gall bladder...help? (x-posted in Health and Healing) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I will try to make this as short as possible... I have a lot going on today but I need some advice as soon as possible!  I started having what were apparently gallstone attacks about 3 weeks after my daughter was born in October. They occurred every 2-3 days at first, with stomach pain and vomiting (but no nausea). I don't remember the last time I went to a doctor, but I finally did last week to find out what was going on. My episodes have lessened to about every week and a half now, although they last somewhat longer. Anyway, he ordered blood tests and an ultrasound. His nurse just called to tell me I have stones and my liver enzymes are elevated (though she didn't say how high). They say my gall bladder "needs to come out" and are trying to get me in to see a surgeon on Monday before the holiday. I had pretty much self-diagnosed myself with stones before I even went to the doctor, so I've been thinking on it and I know I don't want my gall bladder out unless it's un-healable. I am not sure how much (or if) elevated liver enzymes complicate the picture. I just feel like we have our organs for a reason and do not buy the mainstream idea that we don't need our gallbladders, anyway. I want to keep it if I can... advice? 

(I posted this in Health and Healing, but I also wanted to post here since I specifically worry about eating TF with no gall bladder, and am too convicted that fat-soluble vitamins are of paramount importance to go low- or no-fat in an attempt to control this for a long period of time.)

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2010, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Do you do dairy? or gluten?

I have terrible attacks almost every day for a few month, while pregnant with my dd.  I was able to se a great naturopath that stopped the attacks and I haven't had one for years.  DD is 3 yrs old now.  So it is possible to stop and heal the attacks.  Off to check out the H&H forum...

Old 12-18-2010, 06:50 AM

Eggs were a trigger for my gallbladder attacks after my dd was born. I don't really have any problems as long as I don't eat them, but I am gluten and dairy free now. I like to support my liver well also - milk thistle, dandelion, magnesium, and b vits. There's lots of info here:

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/category/disease/gallstones

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
Old 12-21-2010, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all so much for your help thus far. :) I tired contacting my doctor regarding the HIDA scan, enzyme levels, etc, but it turns out he's out of the office until next Monday. I cancelled the appointment with the surgeon, since I'm definitely not going ahead with that route until I have some more things clarified regarding my tests and results. According to my doctor's nurse, I have "numerous small stones" and none of my test results suggest anything dire, simply I "can't do anything about it" so I "might as well go on and have it out." Hm.

In the meantime, I am taking milk thistle tincture 2-3xs day, and have just recieved some organic beetroot powder to take since I can't find beets reliably in my town. When I do find some I'll be making some beet kvass, though. Personally I've found no correlation between fat intake and attacks -- mine seem more to result from A) eating late; B) eating too much at once; C) eating quickly or under stress. I puzzled this out weeks ago and have never had an attack without breaking at least 2 of those "rules."

...And I've been doing one of my favorite things: scanning PubMed and finding some very interesting studies, like this one that shows fenugreek regressing gallstones in an animal model. I know I have more digging to do, and that none of my attempts may be successful, but at least the pressure's off until next week.

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:43 AM

i saw your thread over the internet while searching for something related to health - kefir grains. As i know have answer to your issue i joined this forum to reply to this thread.

You can CURE this gall bladder stones naturally without any medications. Its good you even starting looking into that. The only answer to your problem is Liver cleansing. I have had a friend cancel her scheduled surgery 2 days before the surgery date as she was informed by someone about it. She then started Liver Cleansing right next day and she skipped the surgery altogether. After doing the cleansing for couple of time, she was later examined to have no gall bladder stones. Anybody can do liver cleansing. you DONT have to be diagnosed with stones to start the cleansing. Personally I have seen crystallized stones come off my husband’s body in his stool when he did his liver cleansing. He was never diagnosed with stones or anything. There are books available for liver cleansing. But we have used a attachment that we got from one of our friend to follow the cleanse program. I don't have permission to do attachments, PM me, i will let you know my email address.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:05 PM
2xy

Lithotripsy has been used for gallstones for quite some time now. Sound waves are used to pulverize the stones, and it's non-invasive. It's much more expensive and less effective than surgery, though, which is why most doctors don't bother talking about it. Might be worth asking about....

User Tag List