Anyone starting eat fat, lose fat? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 94 Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Astrea, I did make several recipes out of the EFLF book that we all thought were really yummy.  The steak with mustard cream sauce was great (but stinky!!), Indonesian coconut steak, red meat curry were both yummy, the baked chicken with coconut peanut sauce was great.  The coconut crusted salmon and thai coconut pork curry with both good, too.

I fermented some saurkraut with whey, it's really good.  I won't ever bother trying to ferment without whey again, it works so much better.  I'm still trying to get back on the wagon, sigh!

#92 of 94 Old 03-05-2011, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I are doing EFLF. It was the only weightless program I was comfortable doing while breastfeeding. We were steady eating fairly Weston price esque so it wasn't a hard jump. I just cut out the grains (even soaked) and increased my fat. I've lost about 8 pounds this month. I have another 50 or so to go. Sigh. But I feel good, energetic and my milk supply is amazing. Actually since I started this my baby boy's diapers aren't ever green anymore and he has a lot less gas. I think it has increased my hindmilk, don't know for sure but my expressed milk looks a lot less watery and the cream line is thicker. Pretty cool! Also this diet doesn't have me worried about DS getting the nutrients he needs from me like something like weight watchers would have done.

(sorry if there are any typos I missed. I'm writing on my iPhone.)
#93 of 94 Old 03-06-2011, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats on the weight-loss, Ashley!  That's great :)

#94 of 94 Old 03-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AshleyRoz:  Yes congrats on the weightloss, and your baby boy gets to reap the benefits too yay!  I'm glad you didn't do weight watchers, my mom does it and is always bugging me with "how many points are you eating or are you weighing your food!"  sheesh like I wanna do that for the rest of my life and feel like I'm starving myself.  I'ts good to know it helps with breastmilk, we are ttc with fertility issues related to my weight, I'm down about 12lbs so hopefully this will be my bfp month praying.gif

CherryBomb:You can do it!  I've fell off the wagon at times too, but I seem to be fine if I just keep the grains and white sugar consumption low and keep taking my CO and CLO.  It sure is hard with kids though especially when dinner time comes around and I haven't got anything out thawing, thats when pizza and chicken nuggets come out of the freezer, like last night Little Caesars was just calling me!Sheepish.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page